Famous Brands
3,8 out of 5 stars.

Famous Brands Work-Life Balance reviews

Will definitely recommend to others , lots of opportunities inside and growth ,Very fun to work there,Goid people to be around, encouraging at the same time. Good and updated system . They looking after their employees
Pros
Activities
Cons
Had the best times of my life there actually i have never spend so much time in one company was treated very well .. i still have UNFINISHED business there
Pros
Skills development
Cons
Demanding
Famous brand its a good place to work at.it has security no one enters the building without wearing the safety gears.they treat us equally even thought worked for an agent..
I learned so much with the company had so much growth and experience, the environment was different from my past experience but i had to adapt quickly.
To work at Famous Brands you need to be able to keep up with the pace, be proficient at stress management and constantly willing to learn and go the extra mile - if you do, you will be rewarded with constant career growth opportunities
It was the best place to be, i would wake up everyday excited to go to the office looking forward to supply the stock it was very exciting working there the management was excellent it was just stressful when we do stocktaking because we were working long hours sometimes but it was a wonderful experience
You in goid company. Things are going according to paper. Professionalism is on the other level. Staff is so friendly and cooperative. I love the company.
It is a good company to work for. You learn a lot about the manufacturing side of the business and get exposed to different views about the industry. Also the employees are very fun people.. Focused and more bubbly.
famous brands is good company and i was always happy because of my job. it have good management . now i can work with the becouse of famous brands.some how it was dificult to do my work because of lot of work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
it was nice working for that company i learned a lot there it was my first job in my life.the place was protected we were working in a safe comany.you get respect from your manengers and also to other employers
Pros
wew dont have free lunch
Cons
we dont work long hours
Company that offers great exposure to various types of processes. Good company to work for. Strive for excellence and good manufacturing processes. Customer satisfaction and product safety
Pros
Productivity
Cons
Modern day company to work, management and staff are always willing to assists with both work and social being.My job was fair with a bit of challenges upon month end stock take period. Deadline needed to be met at all times.
Famous brands is a good company working good with any culture of any person without any hate to anyone and having funny, with no fighting laughing together
Pros
Free tea time
Cons
it was fun.and i alwys enjoyed my slf while I was there,they do have a good menour of treating people nd i some time thing abt thm coz they are a good monegment
Pros
have my own lunch
Cons
nomal or long hours
I love my current job, I love the people i work with. Its defiantly a closely knitted family. Its not the typical corporate company, as me the employee don't feel like a number but i honestly feel apart of the organisation. I start work at 05:30, checking up on the entire network across ALL our sites, then making sure the backups have ran successfully. The general staff starts work at 07:30 and by then I would have resolved most common network or server issues. As the day goes I support the end users with general IT issues and make back-end Infrastructure is running. Working on a server or network outage whiles my boss stands next to me and consistently asking "Is it fixed yet" is generally the hardest part of my job however once all resolved and everybody is happy.. That's when i get the most satisfaction out of my job.
Pros
Vouchers to restaurants owned by the company
Cons
No pay for after hours work
The job overall was a great experience co-workers and managers where all highly diligent and helpful within the network. hardest part of the job is the build up to new store openings most enjoyable was the traveling and getting to meet new business partners.
Pros
occasional lunches and get togethers
Cons
long hours and administration
Typical day-HR Generalist work eg. Recruitment, performance management, disciplinary issues, assistance/guidance to employees and management, reporting, meetings. I learned a lot about the food manufacturing and franchising. The Management at Famous Brands were a pleasure to work with. I worked in a team of terrific co workers The hardest part of my job was the fact that we grew by 652 employees since I joined and I was working generally from 6h30 to 6pm so there was very little work/life balance. (I would like to stress I don't mind working overtime when there is a need, however the hours I was working were continuous) The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction I got from problem solving on a daily basis.
Pros
Subsidised canteen, performance bonus, 20 days leave, provident and med aid
Cons
50/50 easy and hard days. Experience is golden. Management hold the value of one's future. Too far from my hometown. The pay-off line is "You In Good Company" this could be true only if the managers could just manage and stop being power hungry and irrational. Favouritism is the order of the day and the more bud you kiss, the better will be your chance of being promoted.
Pros
Exposure to new frontiers.
Cons
Long driving distances, no tranfers to other regions closer to home.
early morning coffee and smoke break first before you start the day. Jokes and good conversation. Never involve your personal life at work and never get too close. there should be limits. work is work and do not take things personally too. Management is fun, as long as your work gets done. There's time for work and a little bit time for play too. The hardest part is when I have to say NO to colleagues even clients as I am always willing to help out and assist wherever I am able too. But when I have too I get it done. The most enjoyable pert, building good relationships with clients, getting my work done at the end of the day with a smile.. and the good fun conversation amongst the colleagues. It is has been the best place to work at and my first long term job ever. Yet I feel I need to move on and experience other environments and personalities and opportunities.
Pros
Cons
long hours for sure..
Team work was key to obtaining our goals. Motivating staff goes a long way to keep staff loyal. Long hours during peak season was necessary and most individuals did so without being asked. The volume of work required was a little unmanageable. Mingling with fellow employees at year end and team building functions.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Good company to work for. Fast pace as i've mentioned. I have learnt a lot.
Pros
empowering your skills