FHI 360

FHI 360 Employee Reviews

South Africa13 reviews
5,0
very good company to work for and i encourage everybody to try working for this global giant. There are prospects of career growth and salary is not a limiting factor
5,0
Easy for person with self decipline and work alcoholic. Excellent work environment with relaxed supervision. I was working with communities SSR (NGOS) mentoring them on data management and M&E. Assist in developing and improving their M&E field to perform and report better.
5,0
I usually start my work at 7:30 am, collaboratively plan my day, and make sure that the most urgent work gets done first. I check with my supervisor and my weekly work place to see if there is any work that was supposed to have been done but is still unfinished.This way I can set up my priorities. I review the status of the projects that I’m currently working on and I try to finish any pending work if present. I try to make sure that all the work assigned to me is moving forward and without any glitches.
3,0
Company that offers comprehensive benefits and a very competitive salary package that most find difficult to compete with and only few ever really beat.
4,0
This is a big company. Everything about it is professional, efficient and on point. Salary I was getting was really great. The management is always available to assist field workers and respond as soon as possible
Pros
Really good environment and support
Cons
No permanent employment
3,0
Good working environment, more fun like one family. Common understanding and go getter. Mutual understanding when coming to work relationship. Working together as a team always.
Pros
Cons
If needed
5,0
Scope of work and structure were in place. Preparation of imprest for the month and sourcing out outstanding documents for monthly stipends. Managing the overall funds for SADAC fellows. We were a diverse culture group and blended in very well with the team. disprsing funds only to find out fellows changed the status of their account in terms of currency and not inform the office thus having returned deposits and direct liason with bank on someones account and retrieving the money back.
Pros
Staff trainining
Cons
time zones
4,0
The company has a very solid work culture, policies that protect both the employee and employer, and a vibrant work-life balance. The organisation offers competitive salaries and good benefits.
Pros
Good work culture and job security
Cons
Inflexible policies
3,0
Very relaxed environment.Working for Family Health International was enjoyable in a sense that I got more exposed in the challenges of people living with HIV,poverty etc.The environment is more like people minding their own business but friendly nevertheless.
5,0
I have operated the switchboard well and I always welcoming visitors and provided good general admin support and duties during this period . I love my job but still in my old position and taking responsibilities of other role because I'm eager to learn. I always treat my co-workers with respect.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
1hour
5,0
My role is in transition, so I am juggling several roles that include stakeholder management and communication with the public and private sector. I am also responsible for organizational and staff development in a new project and finding partners for a new development project. A typical day at work includes some research, writing, communicating via email and the phone, working with a logistics team, attending planning meetings and executing the plans. Supervising staff. As a signatory, I review and release payments online banking. My coworkers provide me with the space the resources I need to function efficiently. There is an atmosphere of mutual respect. The hardest part of my job is that is also the most enjoyable because this is a new unit so we are creating the templates. I enjoy the cultural diversity because there are always several options to problem solving.
Pros
Working in different parts of the region and world.
3,0
Counseling a surbodinate on unacceptable behaviour towards clients at an outreach site.
I learnt being patient firm and focused things will work for better.

Management style depend on the situation, acknowledge subordinate their importance and the goal to be achieved.Team work players,relaxed when supervisor is away for meetings.

Most enjoyable part of job is when working as a team, complementing each others effort.
Pros
travelling to different places for meetings.
Cons
long distance to far to reach areas to provide services.
Monday
I learned that Mondays are very challanging week days,eapecially if one had an ehaustive weekend. I learned that one needs to prorities what is crucial and what is not so that they stay focused on doing productive work. Management skills are very important inorder to mainytain a conducive work environment. Managers should take feedback positively.My coworkers are an easy group to work with irrespective of diverse cultures.The hardest part of the job is working after 5pm, however if this happens once in a wheile inorder to meet specific set tasks and deadlines. i enjoy reaching out and provide services to the underserved communities.
Pros
prtovision of refresher courses to employees
Cons
i prefer working in a conducive environment where managers, take feedback positively