Fidelity Security Group

Fidelity Security Group Employee Reviews in Pretoria, Gauteng

it was a challenging workplace because you had to be on you r feet and be able to meet daily requirement not only as a security guard but coordinating movements around the facility, dealing with difficult people, sometimes having to be in the center of conflict resolution, and everything had to be done systematically which is the company policy and party of my KPI's yet I persisted because of my interpersonal skills and dealing with people.
Cons
long hours plus night shifts
It had good management and its skills changes now and then it goes with time. I think most of its employees got more help to increase their knowledge and also gives even women's supervision job.
Working for fidelity as security guard has taught me so many things.it has taught me on how to deal with customers,how to solve a problem and I've also learnt communication skills on how to speak to a customer.
While working for Fidelity I learned a great deal about responsibility and trust in a company. Staff members are all equal does not matter what role you are responsible for. How to work in a team is most important to get all work responsibilities done for the day. If you look after the company they will look after you. Disgretion is a key factor in the industry. Taking liability or owning up to your mistakes are appreciated rather than to hide the truth. You have proof yourself in your abilities to grow. They provide the nessecary knowlage to grow in the department. I recieved most of my work experiance and managerial training from Coin security - Protea Coin - Fidelity Security. In over all I enjoyed being part of the family, but the working hours while having a family to maintain is difficult.
Pros
Incentives were given for good work preformans
Cons
A big company that has played a pivotal role in securing businesses, homes,schools and individuals, with potential to do more. Also employs a big number of people given the unemployment rate in the country.
Pros
30 min to 45mins lunch
Cons
12 hour shifts
I was working at the entrance and making show that only authorized people are entering. I leaned to communicate with various kind of people. Our managements were so very strict but helpful if you need their assistance. My co-worker was like brother to me.The hardest part of my job is there was no guard house at our post. The most enjoyable part is when we were working day shift.
Pros
we had 1 hour lunch and we bring our own food
Cons
private security sector has long working hours in nature
No interest is taken into any one person working for this company. The people that do work hard for the company does not even get a thank you but will rather be marked as a replaceable person.
Pros
Cons
Very long hours