Fidelity Security Group
3,7 out of 5 stars.

Fidelity Security Group Work-Life Balance reviews

Be your self and work hard and they will see it, as are was one the person that did work for the company and did see growing up of the company and me, from bean security Office, assisting manager at 2010 wold cup,Bank Co ordination of FNB at fidelity, to CIT control and Box room, and ABSA codinate and SBV.and bean the exlent to work with all track safe opening and setting. And bean the
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Hours
Management does not care or the Company does not care for its employees. Lot of pay query, deductions of uniform that you didn't received. They need to improve management and pay overtime because Fidelity does not have overtime, only unauthorized time that is payed as normal hours.
Pros
never at Fidelity
Cons
Long hours and paid as unautorized time
it was a challenging workplace because you had to be on you r feet and be able to meet daily requirement not only as a security guard but coordinating movements around the facility, dealing with difficult people, sometimes having to be in the center of conflict resolution, and everything had to be done systematically which is the company policy and party of my KPI's yet I persisted because of my interpersonal skills and dealing with people.
Cons
long hours plus night shifts
Fidelity is a good company and i will learn more activities and how to work nightshift and working hours and I we learn how to work with them andfocus
Pros
Im not sure about the abbreviation
Cons
Not sure about the abbreviation
Work culture was fine the hardest part of the job was when I had to post night shift officers and day shift officers I enjoyed patrolling the site at night shift
Pros
Patrolling
Cons
Posting
I enjoyed working at fidelity but now am looking for are better job and I really need this job caz I wanna work hard for you team the company is are good company caz is paying workers in time and they help us to working in are good place
Working for fidelity as security guard has taught me so many things.it has taught me on how to deal with customers,how to solve a problem and I've also learnt communication skills on how to speak to a customer.
Fidelity is that company work hard to reached people need and loyalty and respond to ther client need.and to cooperate with there security and client
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Duty
While working for Fidelity I learned a great deal about responsibility and trust in a company. Staff members are all equal does not matter what role you are responsible for. How to work in a team is most important to get all work responsibilities done for the day. If you look after the company they will look after you. Disgretion is a key factor in the industry. Taking liability or owning up to your mistakes are appreciated rather than to hide the truth. You have proof yourself in your abilities to grow. They provide the nessecary knowlage to grow in the department. I recieved most of my work experiance and managerial training from Coin security - Protea Coin - Fidelity Security. In over all I enjoyed being part of the family, but the working hours while having a family to maintain is difficult.
Pros
Incentives were given for good work preformans
Cons
Having fun and more in fire Arms training, tooling to works about home problems. Helping officer with Transport. Time to be with family, and having end yr party is to make certificate of employees of the yr.
Pros
Tym to lucnh
Cons
Good working tym, so the office can have tym with the are. Family.
It is the company that I can rely on it because today I have experience from being up to being a manager.. They took me from zero to hero.. Well done fidelity.. I am who I am today because of you..
its a good company so to speak. I work with many different cultures. I have learned diversity and gained experience from dealing with Clients. the hardest part is that it is a Family business and not a corporate one. the easiest part for me is that I come from a military background and have a sense of urgency so I get things done with ease and asap.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
very long hours at times.
A typical day at work will be when our hones are down and we have to work manually. I learned so much more about safety of a client and an officer, learned how to multitask in an emergency situation, how to work better under pressure.
Pros
enough off days
Cons
FIDELITY has been good for me and has given me an opportunity to grow.within the year that i have been with them i got a training for Special Events.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Normal hours
~Well I find that a typical day at work has stress and is really busy but you need to manage yourself besides you subordinates. ~I learned how interact with different people from different walks of life and to keep calm and make an accurate evaluation of every situation before reacting and making the correct choice for myself, client and company. ~Management is always challenging and needs you to be fair and assertive at the same time. ~Workplace culture should always be open and a happy environment as far as possible. ~Hardest part of the job is when you know that the disciplinary action taken against a colleague will have very serious conditions like termination and there's nothing you can do to help as it is your job to take these actions. ~Most enjoyable part of the job is cracking an investigation or arresting a criminal or saving your company and or client huge amounts of money with your intelligent decisions and choices at work for different situations.
Pros
My pros are getting the job done and relaxing to a good meal and movie after work with family
Cons
Stress and fatigue with long hours at work
very busy the company has grown tremendously in the last few years. Very diversefied. my job was just a normal bookkeeper but my functions has grown and also i have also become very busy. they are very ee orientated and also very good in promoting the youth. also good for pushing people to study and also doing learnerships to empower themselves. very demanding company.
Pros
near home
Cons
n/a
There's very little growth opportunities. Most times positions are given as a matter of favoritism, they do go through the HR channels to cover themselves, yet they already decided who will get the job before the vacancy goes out. Bonus dates are changed by the company, even though your employment contract states otherwise. Etc etc....
Pros
Medical aid contribution, provident fund contribution
Cons
Staff work like robots from the start to the end of their shift.
Working long hours. Working with people all day. Answering phones. Doing admin. I love working with people. Learning about different cultures. Learning new things everyday.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Its basically counting customers deposits and making sure that they balance according to the paperwork. Making sure the clients are happy,providing of video footages if needed. In cases like when the customers cash doesn't balance that cash has to be counted three times to make sure that the first count is correct. Working with people is my specialty. Every time you leave the cash area you must be searched.
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Very long hours
at my post things aren't same like other site the staff here are good working with different department i think is the best things in life things been when we had contractors on site goes we under compliment (staff shortage) and when its only us inclunding managers of all department
Pros
30 minutes lunch and paid for it
Cons
11, 50 Hrs a day rate
I worked for the company for 5 years I learned a lot and I want to grow and looking for better opportunities.I had worked different shifts 12 hr a shift day and night shifts.