FirstRand

FirstRand Employee Reviews

Flexibility with working from home and working hours based on deliverable

Great environment to learn and get in depth exposure to areas of audit. The client is passionate about what they do and they take special care in addressing issues.

Pros

Free fruits and juice daily

Fun

Good company to work for especially form management to staff down level that they are a friendly welcome people always with smile you feel welcome at home

Great workplace

It was the best decision ever to leave my ex employer and join First Rand. I have never felt this appreciated by an employer. And the resources needed to do my job is always there don't have to struggle

Great experience

Its a complex environment, some of the functions are too manual, fast paced, stressful, no work-life balance, management and HR cannot be trusted. Overall the company has great values but the people(management) ruins it.

Pros

Great company values, leave

Cons

Bad management

Good company

I am well looked after and appreciated for how I conduct myself and the quality of my work. One of the most innovative banks globally with a very strong Executive Committee.

Management and Worklife Balance

Manager was a boss and completely clueless about what is happening in the bank, always victimizing us, and only cared about bonus. You work hard and no growth opportunities, recognition, motivation and zero work-life balance. The union would come and find out what we were experiencing but were never on employees' side. Fatigue is definitely what you will experience because of staff shortages, limited lunch hours or no lunch at all. I doubt they really want to see you grow and learn because it felt like you are trapped into making a mistake then boom warnings left, right and centre. HR Management doesn't engage with employees and check their wellbeing no HUMAN factor at all in Human Resources.

Pros

Loved serving customers

Cons

Long hours, limited or no lunch breaks, inconsiderate management and HR, not looking forward to the next day, under pay

Too much red tape

Good benefits in terms of leave and interest rates. Ensure that your salary is higher than maket-related when you join, because increases are less than inflation (unless you know people). Efficiency can go unrewarded.

Pros

Leave days

Cons

Stressful, expectation to do the job of at least 2 people

productive

I worked much on call Centre I enjoy my work everyday. I learnt how to help customer and how to handle different types of customers. I also learnt a lot when working in teams.

FirstRand is a good company to work at and the staff is friendly.There is flexible working hours and you can work from home

FirstRand is an authorised financial service provider.The enviroment is conducive.The staff is friendly and the working hours are flexible.I had a great lesson with the personel.

Workplace culture

They have very friendly staff They are an encouraging company to work for They are all about innovations Team work is always number one Their year end function are the best

Enjoyable experience

Lots of room for growth in terms of exposure provided. I love how FirstRand has various franchises which increases opportunities for career development. Senior staff are well educated and well versed on their roles but my experience illustrated that emotional intelligence and leadership skills needed some improvement. Nonetheless FirstRand is a brilliant company to work for.

Very Professional Environment

Great place to work if you want to advance ensure you have the right qualifications and speak up. Be part of social committee's and other committees, be seen and fearless.

Good work manship

A typical day at work is not bad but it depends on the way you do your job it also a nice place to be the people are friendly and good at what they do

Fast paced environment

Good and Fast working environment with Great learnings. Opportunities given to grow and to think out of the box. Flat Organisational structure with open door policy

Cons

Travelling distance

Good employer, poor HR

Pretty good company with an enthusiastic culture. Young CEO who has a great vision for the future. A good bank to work for. HR ruined a large part of the experience.

Diverse company that values your contribution and challenge your thinking

An innovative company that always challenge your thinking. It values the contribution you make. It looks well after its staff ito compensation and other benefits. Great culture. Diversity ito the various BUs that you can have exposure to.

Pros

Gym-on-site, ability to work remotely, canteen-on-site, competitive remuneration, great leave policy

Cons

Certain areas expect long hours

Job training and application world

The sense of being part of the Successful Team makes everything easy in that the growth ,passion and training becomes easy for the Employer,the manner of working along the same goal makes the selfeesteem more efficient so as to deliver more and more .

Poor leaders who are insecure at work

Perform well you will not receive reward unless you are part of circle that clings and holds onto each other. Find serious problems in the business you will be punished perhaps because management are involved in unethical behavior. Be careful where you work.

To be multi skill official .to be productive a work place was respect cultural and diversity balancing of suspence fronti line official .ATM custodian

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

8yrs

Lot of Learning and challenging in a positive way

The job requires resilience and hard work. I have learnt to be resilient and courageous. the is vast knowledge in the organisation in that you can always rely on others for assistance. I enjoy the flat structure and open door policy. The team is excellent to work with.the hardest thing about my role is the demands from Group and the Franchise.

Work Hard - Play hard

In the External Tax Reporting department, we are strong believers that we need to work hard to meet deadlines, but we also believe in playing hard as well, by going on exciting team builds etc. The hardest part of my job is the SARS submissions that our deadlines are very short. The most enjoyable part of my day is mixing with my team members, and been kept busy that your day goes by very quickly

Pros

Team Functions

Cons

Flexible hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstRand. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• FirstRand
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?