FirstRand

FirstRand Employee Reviews

South Africa56 reviews
3,0
Its a complex environment, some of the functions are too manual, fast paced, stressful, no work-life balance, management and HR cannot be trusted. Overall the company has great values but the people(management) ruins it.
Pros
Great company values, leave
Cons
Bad management
5,0
I am well looked after and appreciated for how I conduct myself and the quality of my work.

One of the most innovative banks globally with a very strong Executive Committee.
1,0
Manager was a boss and completely clueless about what is happening in the bank, always victimizing us, and only cared about bonus. You work hard and no growth opportunities, recognition, motivation and zero work-life balance. The union would come and find out what we were experiencing but were never on employees' side. Fatigue is definitely what you will experience because of staff shortages, limited lunch hours or no lunch at all. I doubt they really want to see you grow and learn because it felt like you are trapped into making a mistake then boom warnings left, right and centre. HR Management doesn't engage with employees and check their wellbeing no HUMAN factor at all in Human Resources.
Pros
Loved serving customers
Cons
Long hours, limited or no lunch breaks, inconsiderate management and HR, not looking forward to the next day, under pay
3,0
Good benefits in terms of leave and interest rates. Ensure that your salary is higher than maket-related when you join, because increases are less than inflation (unless you know people). Efficiency can go unrewarded.
Pros
Leave days
Cons
Stressful, expectation to do the job of at least 2 people
5,0
I worked much on call Centre I enjoy my work everyday. I learnt how to help customer and how to handle different types of customers. I also learnt a lot when working in teams.
5,0
FirstRand is an authorised financial service provider.The enviroment is conducive.The staff is friendly and the working hours are flexible.I had a great lesson with the personel.
5,0
They have very friendly staff
They are an encouraging company to work for

They are all about innovations

Team work is always number one

Their year end function are the best
4,0
Lots of room for growth in terms of exposure provided. I love how FirstRand has various franchises which increases opportunities for career development. Senior staff are well educated and well versed on their roles but my experience illustrated that emotional intelligence and leadership skills needed some improvement. Nonetheless FirstRand is a brilliant company to work for.
5,0
Great place to work if you want to advance ensure you have the right qualifications and speak up.
Be part of social committee's and other committees, be seen and fearless.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at FirstRand?
5,0
A typical day at work is not bad but it depends on the way you do your job it also a nice place to be the people are friendly and good at what they do
3,0
Good and Fast working environment with Great learnings. Opportunities given to grow and to think out of the box. Flat Organisational structure with open door policy
Cons
Travelling distance
4,0
Pretty good company with an enthusiastic culture. Young CEO who has a great vision for the future. A good bank to work for.

HR ruined a large part of the experience.
4,0
An innovative company that always challenge your thinking. It values the contribution you make. It looks well after its staff ito compensation and other benefits. Great culture. Diversity ito the various BUs that you can have exposure to.
Pros
Gym-on-site, ability to work remotely, canteen-on-site, competitive remuneration, great leave policy
Cons
Certain areas expect long hours
3,0
The sense of being part of the Successful Team makes everything easy in that the growth ,passion and training becomes easy for the Employer,the manner of working along the same goal makes the selfeesteem more efficient so as to deliver more and more .
1,0
Perform well you will not receive reward unless you are part of circle that clings and holds onto each other. Find serious problems in the business you will be punished perhaps because management are involved in unethical behavior. Be careful where you work.
5,0
To be multi skill official .to be productive a work place was respect cultural and diversity balancing of suspence fronti line official .ATM custodian
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
8yrs
4,0
The job requires resilience and hard work. I have learnt to be resilient and courageous. the is vast knowledge in the organisation in that you can always rely on others for assistance. I enjoy the flat structure and open door policy. The team is excellent to work with.the hardest thing about my role is the demands from Group and the Franchise.
5,0
In the External Tax Reporting department, we are strong believers that we need to work hard to meet deadlines, but we also believe in playing hard as well, by going on exciting team builds etc. The hardest part of my job is the SARS submissions that our deadlines are very short. The most enjoyable part of my day is mixing with my team members, and been kept busy that your day goes by very quickly
Pros
Team Functions
Cons
Flexible hours
3,0
Owner manager culture balanced with accountability and innovation. Lots of cross functional and business unit working and culture of idea generation leading to new thinking.
5,0
People management customer service delivery insight store financial ratio store budget and financial management new business development credit and financial services
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Working long hours
1,0
The targets are ridiculous. No more feet coming in the branch so staff is under pressure to find business. Expectations are high. You give 100% they expect 150%. No opportunities for growth
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Short staffed. Long hours