FirstRand

FirstRand Employee Reviews

South Africa69 reviews

3,5Work-Life Balance

It's pretty flawed

The benefits are great. If you're looking for a company that will make sure your'e financially secured, with medical aid and leave benefits, then you're covered. But the work life balance is awful, work gets continuously piled and any effort to discuss changes are sidelined. You are just a number and your opinion rarely matters. The big cheeses and anyone with a title that isn't yours will think they know better than you!

Helpful and energized

Be confident in what you say and do.Always be positiveAlways show a helping handTreat others the way you want to be treated.Be the go to person always.

Amazing culture and employee support.

Amazing time working here. From the people to the infrastructure.Innovation is encouraged, as evidenced by the prolific output of innovative products put out for customers.

Innovative

Enjoy working there. The only thing I hate is the fact that line managers get to decide on your salary which I find to be unfair somehow because I don't feel that they really consider what you bring on the table

Productive and Best Culture environment

I have worked for this company for 11 years the culture is very good the chairman is a people's person including CEO and all top management I'm looking to retire here as its a stress free environment and employee wellness is supported.I look forward to going to work daily as everyday you learn something new.

Beautiful place to work in

I would recommend firstrand to everyone as it is a very accommodating workplace and I'm sure anyone can fit in. It has people who know what they want.

Pros

Salary

toxic work environment

there are too many people trying to impress the boss and are willing to throw you under the bus the minute they get the chance, my advice would be to read 48 laws of power and try and beat than at their own game.

Very stressful

Mangers are always on your case regarding work even if you are trying your best. NEVER compliment on improvements just look for the negatives. Its not working for the company

Pros

Great department to work. Enjoy the Saturday off. Excellence and take pride in the work. Competitive and work under pressure

Creatively and keep learning new things and very informative had a vibrant team very supportive and enjoyed working there.Management approachable and problem solving. Involved staff with new things and ask staff what works for them and what they can do different to assist with making the work better and easier.

Pros

Incentives, always learning new skills

Cons

Contracts finished with no offer for permanent positions

Overworked and underpaid.Management must treat staff equally and fairly. Do not have favorites and be transparent.

Retrenchment process was poor. There was vacancies available but they were filled with staff that were not affected by S189. Every year the lower grade staff are retrenched and not managers.Managers are protected and they are in high salary brackets. Management and HR work together as a result staff are fighting their own battles.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Flexibility with working from home and working hours based on deliverable

Great environment to learn and get in depth exposure to areas of audit. The client is passionate about what they do and they take special care in addressing issues.

Pros

Free fruits and juice daily

Fun

Good company to work for especially form management to staff down level that they are a friendly welcome people always with smile you feel welcome at home

Great workplace

It was the best decision ever to leave my ex employer and join First Rand. I have never felt this appreciated by an employer. And the resources needed to do my job is always there don't have to struggle

Great experience

Its a complex environment, some of the functions are too manual, fast paced, stressful, no work-life balance, management and HR cannot be trusted. Overall the company has great values but the people(management) ruins it.

Pros

Great company values, leave

Cons

Bad management

Good company

I am well looked after and appreciated for how I conduct myself and the quality of my work. One of the most innovative banks globally with a very strong Executive Committee.

Management and Worklife Balance

Manager was a boss and completely clueless about what is happening in the bank, always victimizing us, and only cared about bonus. You work hard and no growth opportunities, recognition, motivation and zero work-life balance. The union would come and find out what we were experiencing but were never on employees' side. Fatigue is definitely what you will experience because of staff shortages, limited lunch hours or no lunch at all. I doubt they really want to see you grow and learn because it felt like you are trapped into making a mistake then boom warnings left, right and centre. HR Management doesn't engage with employees and check their wellbeing no HUMAN factor at all in Human Resources.

Pros

Loved serving customers

Cons

Long hours, limited or no lunch breaks, inconsiderate management and HR, not looking forward to the next day, under pay

Too much red tape

Good benefits in terms of leave and interest rates. Ensure that your salary is higher than maket-related when you join, because increases are less than inflation (unless you know people). Efficiency can go unrewarded.

Pros

Leave days

Cons

Stressful, expectation to do the job of at least 2 people

productive

I worked much on call Centre I enjoy my work everyday. I learnt how to help customer and how to handle different types of customers. I also learnt a lot when working in teams.

FirstRand is a good company to work at and the staff is friendly.There is flexible working hours and you can work from home

FirstRand is an authorised financial service provider.The enviroment is conducive.The staff is friendly and the working hours are flexible.I had a great lesson with the personel.

Workplace culture

They have very friendly staff They are an encouraging company to work for They are all about innovations Team work is always number one Their year end function are the best

Enjoyable experience

Lots of room for growth in terms of exposure provided. I love how FirstRand has various franchises which increases opportunities for career development. Senior staff are well educated and well versed on their roles but my experience illustrated that emotional intelligence and leadership skills needed some improvement. Nonetheless FirstRand is a brilliant company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstRand. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance