FirstRand

FirstRand Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

3,0
I worked at FNB while I was studying for my junior degree. It was a sales and service environment in which I learnt customer orientedness, results focus and teamwork.
Pros
Comptition within a strong culture of teamwork.
Cons
Long hours with little pay. I was studying for a BCom part time.
4,0
Working in a bank was exciting as everyday brought different situations and challenges which I would need to deal with as quickly as possible. I learned that my client was the most important person who would need to be dealt with respect, empathy and professionalism. Having learned and been trained extensively, I found that Management was there to steer the business in the right direction, and that I was to use my skills to service my clients' needs. I only referred problems to Management after all other avenues had been explored. At Fnb, there was a strong work place culture where we treated everyone with respect, all were equal, we took ownership of a problem even if it was not ours. The hardest part of my job was to serve clients as quickly and efficiently as possible despite factors like staff shortages and to not let the shortages reflect in the quality of my service. It was a constant problem but it challenged me to find quicker and more efficient ways to deal with clients. Working with clients was so rewarding! It was like reading a new book with every client. Getting to know the different types of clients was interesting and I enjoyed turning difficult clients into people who would only want to deal with me. Due to the present tough economy staff were reduced in many branches which made it extremely difficult to deliver outstanding service to queues of clients with few people to serve them.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Working on Saterdays and overtime