FirstRand

FirstRand Employee Reviews for Internal Auditor

5,0
Great place to work if you want to advance ensure you have the right qualifications and speak up. Be part of social committee's and other committees, be seen and fearless.
1,0
Perform well you will not receive reward unless you are part of circle that clings and holds onto each other. Find serious problems in the business you will be punished perhaps because management are involved in unethical behavior. Be careful where you work.
5,0
An environment that allows individuals to learn and get skills to be more productive, with supportive and friendly teams to work with. I got the opportunity to explore more of the Auditing process as I was fresh from University without any experience, working with qualified and professional Auditors up skilled me as I learnt a lot on Auditing planning, Fieldworks and also the Reporting phase as to drafting of Audits Reports. I did not only learn about the Auditing I tend to explore more as I was working with the International team I got the opportunity to go to Lesotho for a branch Audit for two weeks I explore more than I expected.
Pros
Free juices
Cons
Time managemt
5,0
A typical work day starts anytime between 7 and am. Most of my time is spent with clients , process owners and management, trying to understand their process. identifying process gaps and providing recommendations of closing these. The most difficult task is trying to explain to my clients that I am not a policeman, that I am here to help them improve their process and create inefficiencies. In addition to this is trying to explain to them that me being there is not a measure of their competency but I aim to help.
Pros
Interesting, never a dull moment, always learning something new
Cons
Long Hours