Flight Centre

Flight Centre Employee Reviews

South Africa48 reviews
4,0
Excellent company structure and an exciting place/industry to work in. Be prepared to work hard, and play hard, requiring long work hours and your full commitment to achieving sales targets.
Pros
Opportunities to travel
Cons
Minimal work/life balance
great

Built on ten philosophies

International exposure

Career development staff development
4,0
Flight Centre is a fun yet professional place of work. They put their people first. As an employee you are given peace of mind. Relaxed place of work.
5,0
I enjoyed my time at Flight centre- I was a very loyal employee
Worked hard and saw great results

Typical day at work involved lead sourcing, cold calling, client meetings, closing deals, full implementation.

The hardest part of the job was finding new business, as the market was very saturated - securing meetings.

However once meeting were secured, I found it very easy to secure business and get the client to commit to coming on board with Corporate Traveller.

The most enjoyable time at my previous company were the people I worked with, I gained a lot of satisfaction from being one of the top sales people,winning many accolades and naturally being rewarded financially for my hard work was most enjoyable.
3,0
Experience depends on job title and location. Corporate environment is great, hard work, fast pased and rewarding.

For retail you must like people and be able to accept rejection often.

Be prepared for long hours and very low pay until you build a client base which takes about
3,0
I feel they should do more when it comes to their salary structure , it's horrible what they deem as basic salary and commission structure is not right , I don't think they consider the cost of living at all. If they can spend so much to make events and so on happen , they most definitely can move those amounts to the everyday life of an employee.
They have staff high staff turnover because people don't stay .N
5,0
Flight Centre is South Africa's leading travel retailer, offering cheap flights (domestic and international), holiday packages, cruises, ski holidays, last minute hotel deals, travel insurance and much more.
5,0
Each retail store has it's own culture. Colleagues become family and each want to be accountable for the everyone's success. Growth is inevitable. Everything is incentive based.
5,0
Easy to adapt and fit in a people-focused and family-oriented environment. A driven environment that is customer-centric. Through the promotion of responsible travel and our employee-nominated charities, we strive to build a better future for our nation.
Pros
Good employee retention
Cons
Company structure continuously changing
5,0
It was a great experience and the recruiter I worked with was really determined to help me. I felt like the growth potential was endless at this company.
20 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience working at Flight Centre.

With 40 brands across 90 countries, the growth potential is indeed endless at Flight Centre Travel Group, and it allows our people to progress as their wants and needs change through life.

We wish you the best with your future endeavours and hope our paths can cross some time again!
3,0
I really enjoyed working for this company.
My work pace and excel skills improved greatly. I have no regrets to have worked for this company. I will always treasure the the time spent.
11 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience working with us. We're happy to know the company contributed to your skills development and wish they help you on future challenges.

Best of luck and we hope our paths may cross some time again.
3,0
Fast paced environment. Sometimes difficult to find work life balance.
Fun and exciting environment. It is great place to work in. there are a lot of opportunities for growth and international exposure is made possible.
11 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your experience working at Flight Centre Travel Group. We wish you all the best with your future endeavours and hope that our paths may cross again some time!
5,0
I enjoyed working for Flight Centre.

I felt supported, challenged and learnt so much about the travel industry and also about myself and my capabilities.

"Family, Village, Tribe" is the motto and you definitely feel that.

There are always opportunities for growth within the company and industry itself, you will eventually make many contacts within the industry. There are training and mentoring programmes available for everyone.

Having said so, I must say that this job is NOT for everyone, in my long career I saw many people come and go. The hours are long, its highly target driven and if you have a bad sales month you will certainly hit your pocket. You WILL be stressed and there will be days when you question everything. You need to be a very focused and goal driven individual and you MUST be self motivated.

Overall I would say there is a "work hard - play hard environment" and that are many benefits to working here. I would certainly go back to FCTG if they were to open offices in Switzerland.
Pros
Benefits: Medical Aid, Leave allowances, Travel allowance, Epic Company Culture
Cons
Stressful, Long Hours, Salary when not meeting target
3,0
Exceptional training support programs provided. Highly target driven that if you are behind you end up cutting your days short to make means to reach target.

Great work environment, you always look forward to coming to work
Pros
Training programs, buzz nights, medical aid
Cons
Increase targets, decrease on wages/salaries
5,0
The reason I left FCTG is because of an amazing opportunity at PwC, I did not look for new opportunities, and if I was not headhunted by PwC I would of surely still been at FCTG
5,0
Login to our computes and start working. A normal 9-5 hours job. You will be dealing with clients over the phone, some will be walk in client if you work at the offices ( malls ).
4,0
I learnt a lot working here like travel and marketing.
It's a fun environment and everyone is equal.

The most enjoyable part is learning about different countries and their cultures and getting a chance to visit them.
Pros
education
Cons
low pay
1,0
Bad people in Management, potentially great company. I just had bad timing.
I also left just as the old regional manager got fired, so I never got the benefits of the new one.
Pros
I had none
Cons
Long hours, breakdown of character
5,0
The most amazing company to work for. I had the most amazing team who stood by me and helped me learn about the culture. a very stressful job that requires a lot of drive.
3,0
Marketing of the positions inflate what's actually available to you.
Ex. 'Start work at 9am'

Actually means, start work at 8am on most days, with 8.45am being the exeption to the rule.

Ex. 'We promote from within'

Actually means, work for us for 2+ years in the same retail role, and we *might* consider you.

Ex. 'Write your own paycheck'

Actually means, we'll increase targets without warning, and after tax, commission is no more than 3% of what you've sold on our behalf.
high standard of training
good work,home balance

I enjoyed working for this company, learned a lot, had a good support system in regards to manager structures and training provided