Flight Centre

Flight Centre Employee Reviews for Travel Expert

I learnt a lot working here like travel and marketing. It's a fun environment and everyone is equal. The most enjoyable part is learning about different countries and their cultures and getting a chance to visit them.
Pros
education
Cons
low pay
Bad people in Management, potentially great company. I just had bad timing. I also left just as the old regional manager got fired, so I never got the benefits of the new one.
Pros
I had none
Cons
Long hours, breakdown of character
Work hours 9 - 5:30. Meeting new individuals daily, contributing to their travel quality by delivering exceptional Travel Expert skills. Working in a fun vibrant and innovative team environment. Making clients travel dreams come true. Fun workplace culture. Always acquiring new skills such as accounting, administration, PR of store, marketing of store. Assistant team leader.
Pros
Position advancements and growth in the company.
Cons
Unstable income as basic salary is low and commission was not always assured.
This position was office based and focused on sales of airline tickets and package holidays. It was a stressful environment but enjoyable and I learned how to manage my time efficiently and accuracy was a necessity for this position. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with persons travelling because of the death of a loved one. The most enjoyable part of the job was the culture that they embraced.
Pros
Culture and People
Very busy and productive work day, meet new people everyday, great customer experience at the top of the list, learn how to sell everyday to different types of people, good all round procedures in place to ensure minimal risk to company and client. Hardest part of the job, long hours, and selling outside of clients intended budget. Good work culture through out company and travel opportunities, most enjoyable part of the job is to be part of creating great holiday experiences and be part of client best memories.
Pros
Discounted travel opportunities
Cons
long hours and weekends 7 day work weeks
Reaching target could be difficult at times but our manager would see to it that we were not frustrated and we would engage in fun activities to build team spirit.
Pros
Gala dinners