Flight Centre
3,4 out of 5 stars.

Flight Centre Job Security & Advancement reviews

Excellent company structure and an exciting place/industry to work in. Be prepared to work hard, and play hard, requiring long work hours and your full commitment to achieving sales targets.
Pros
Opportunities to travel
Cons
Minimal work/life balance
great Amazing Great culture Very rewarding Travel Benifits Amazing support Built on ten philosophies International exposure Career development staff development
Easy to adapt and fit in a people-focused and family-oriented environment. A driven environment that is customer-centric. Through the promotion of responsible travel and our employee-nominated charities, we strive to build a better future for our nation.
Pros
Good employee retention
Cons
Company structure continuously changing
It was a great experience and the recruiter I worked with was really determined to help me. I felt like the growth potential was endless at this company.
20 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience working at Flight Centre.With 40 brands across 90 countries, the growth potential is indeed endless at Flight Centre Travel Group, and it allows our people to progress as their wants and needs change through life.We wish you the best with your future endeavours and hope our paths can cross some time again!
I really enjoyed working for this company. My work pace and excel skills improved greatly. I have no regrets to have worked for this company. I will always treasure the the time spent.
11 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience working with us. We're happy to know the company contributed to your skills development and wish they help you on future challenges.Best of luck and we hope our paths may cross some time again.
Fast paced environment. Sometimes difficult to find work life balance. Fun and exciting environment. It is great place to work in. there are a lot of opportunities for growth and international exposure is made possible.
11 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your experience working at Flight Centre Travel Group. We wish you all the best with your future endeavours and hope that our paths may cross again some time!
I enjoyed working for Flight Centre. I felt supported, challenged and learnt so much about the travel industry and also about myself and my capabilities. "Family, Village, Tribe" is the motto and you definitely feel that. There are always opportunities for growth within the company and industry itself, you will eventually make many contacts within the industry. There are training and mentoring programmes available for everyone. Having said so, I must say that this job is NOT for everyone, in my long career I saw many people come and go. The hours are long, its highly target driven and if you have a bad sales month you will certainly hit your pocket. You WILL be stressed and there will be days when you question everything. You need to be a very focused and goal driven individual and you MUST be self motivated. Overall I would say there is a "work hard - play hard environment" and that are many benefits to working here. I would certainly go back to FCTG if they were to open offices in Switzerland.
Pros
Benefits: Medical Aid, Leave allowances, Travel allowance, Epic Company Culture
Cons
Stressful, Long Hours, Salary when not meeting target
The reason I left FCTG is because of an amazing opportunity at PwC, I did not look for new opportunities, and if I was not headhunted by PwC I would of surely still been at FCTG
I learnt a lot working here like travel and marketing. It's a fun environment and everyone is equal. The most enjoyable part is learning about different countries and their cultures and getting a chance to visit them.
Pros
education
Cons
low pay
Bad people in Management, potentially great company. I just had bad timing. I also left just as the old regional manager got fired, so I never got the benefits of the new one.
Pros
I had none
Cons
Long hours, breakdown of character
The most amazing company to work for. I had the most amazing team who stood by me and helped me learn about the culture. a very stressful job that requires a lot of drive.
high standard of training good work,home balance I enjoyed working for this company, learned a lot, had a good support system in regards to manager structures and training provided
Fun company to work for with good benefits and very good job security. The only problem is location it is quite a drive to get there if you don't live in Johannesburg.
Pros
Meal of the day
Cons
Monthly award ceremonies
This was a new area for me, but I loved creating the perfect holiday for people. For instance a first time cruiser is unaware of seasickness or what to expect and helping them find the ideal balance to fit their budget was an amazing experience.
Work hours 9 - 5:30. Meeting new individuals daily, contributing to their travel quality by delivering exceptional Travel Expert skills. Working in a fun vibrant and innovative team environment. Making clients travel dreams come true. Fun workplace culture. Always acquiring new skills such as accounting, administration, PR of store, marketing of store. Assistant team leader.
Pros
Position advancements and growth in the company.
Cons
Unstable income as basic salary is low and commission was not always assured.
And travel agent needs to give flight centre a try. The learning is endless, the culture and family is awesome. This is indeed one of the best companies to work for.
I really enjoyed working for Flight Centre. A typical day at work included a great amount of learning and further developing incredible levels of social and inter-pesonal skills. It was some of favorite employment and I will always remember it as some of my best employee experience ever.
Pros
Free meals
Great company to work for and develop work experience and understand responsibilities and work ethics. Patience are valuable to working with team-mates.
Good company to work for with good benefits and very nice people, but unfortunately not a good work/life balance. Opportunities for career change and improvement are great.
It's a great company that offers a variety of opportunities and the culture is exciting and people orientated. Recognition and reward is a large part of the culture.
Pros
Free dinners and incentives
Cons
It was an amazing Company I do miss the Culture and the growth opportunity that it provided, The main reason that I left was the fact that it required too much "party" versus "productivity"
  1. Job Security & Advancement