Flight Centre

Flight Centre Management reviews

I feel they should do more when it comes to their salary structure , it's horrible what they deem as basic salary and commission structure is not right , I don't think they consider the cost of living at all. If they can spend so much to make events and so on happen , they most definitely can move those amounts to the everyday life of an employee. They have staff high staff turnover because people don't stay .N
I enjoyed working for Flight Centre. I felt supported, challenged and learnt so much about the travel industry and also about myself and my capabilities. "Family, Village, Tribe" is the motto and you definitely feel that. There are always opportunities for growth within the company and industry itself, you will eventually make many contacts within the industry. There are training and mentoring programmes available for everyone. Having said so, I must say that this job is NOT for everyone, in my long career I saw many people come and go. The hours are long, its highly target driven and if you have a bad sales month you will certainly hit your pocket. You WILL be stressed and there will be days when you question everything. You need to be a very focused and goal driven individual and you MUST be self motivated. Overall I would say there is a "work hard - play hard environment" and that are many benefits to working here. I would certainly go back to FCTG if they were to open offices in Switzerland.
Pros
Benefits: Medical Aid, Leave allowances, Travel allowance, Epic Company Culture
Cons
Stressful, Long Hours, Salary when not meeting target
Bad people in Management, potentially great company. I just had bad timing. I also left just as the old regional manager got fired, so I never got the benefits of the new one.
Pros
I had none
Cons
Long hours, breakdown of character
If you do not have the right management, then you won't be able to hit profit. Put the right people in the right positon, see your business grow not only in profit but a good working environment
Pros
making that welcome back phone call and hearing how the holiday was
Cons
people making up their travel budget when there is none
I would compile quotes for holidays, keep up to date with countries travel requirements, rules and regulations as well as keep informed of current events worldwide that might affect some tours or travel destinations. Management was adequate and the environment was enthusiastic and competitive. I learned a lot about different countries and cultures, which I really enjoyed cultivating and enjoyed sending people on their "dream" vacations without any hitches.
Pros
Travel incentives
Cons
Working on weekends and the uniform
I enjoy most about my job is the culture, the ability to discus anything. The availability of management for discussions and to put forward ideas. Seeing those ideas grow and implemented makes my job worthwhile. Workplace culture is young energetic and fun, recognition given when deserved. I have learnt to step out of my comfort zone and not be afraid speak out about concerns, negotiation and keeping the client happy. Building that relationship is vital to any organisation.
Pros
Freedom to work independently.
Cons
Not being given the correct tools to be more productive.
I loved Flight Centre, every day was a new experience and learning opportunity. I learned how to manage a business, manage people, taking responsibility, leading by example and mostly how to have fun. Management was supportive, and had an open door policy. Co workers, different personalities, but at the end of the day team work makes a winning shop and business. I loved planning and booking amzing holidays for clients, booking flights and getting the best rates and still make money, that is fun!
Pros
award evenings
Cons
write offs
I enjoyed this position very much as it was something else every day... no day was the same, no enquiry or booking was the same. I have learned a lot from this company on general travel knowledge etc. Co workers and management was not as involved and helpful as I would have liked or preferred. Very long hours in the mall, and weekends as well as public holidays.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Very long hours
very busy day at work, i learnt sales techniques that is proven to work efficiently. had very supportive management. the most enjoyable part of my job was closing a sale and knowing that my client was happy with the product that was offered and sold to him/her.
Working as a Travel Agent has allowed me to gain a lot of experience in organizing travel arrangements. Its has given me the opportunity to learn more about the world, required visas, responsibility and time management
Pros
Educationals on different products and properties
Cons
Can be very stressful