Flight Centre

Flight Centre Pay & Benefits reviews

South Africa48 reviews
3,0
I feel they should do more when it comes to their salary structure , it's horrible what they deem as basic salary and commission structure is not right , I don't think they consider the cost of living at all. If they can spend so much to make events and so on happen , they most definitely can move those amounts to the everyday life of an employee.
They have staff high staff turnover because people don't stay .N
great

Built on ten philosophies

International exposure

Career development staff development
1,0
Bad people in Management, potentially great company. I just had bad timing.
I also left just as the old regional manager got fired, so I never got the benefits of the new one.
Pros
I had none
Cons
Long hours, breakdown of character
5,0
Fun company to work for with good benefits and very good job security. The only problem is location it is quite a drive to get there if you don't live in Johannesburg.
Pros
Meal of the day
Cons
Monthly award ceremonies
5,0
Work hours 9 - 5:30. Meeting new individuals daily, contributing to their travel quality by delivering exceptional Travel Expert skills. Working in a fun vibrant and innovative team environment. Making clients travel dreams come true. Fun workplace culture. Always acquiring new skills such as accounting, administration, PR of store, marketing of store. Assistant team leader.
Pros
Position advancements and growth in the company.
Cons
Unstable income as basic salary is low and commission was not always assured.
3,0
Good company to work for with good benefits and very nice people, but unfortunately not a good work/life balance.

Opportunities for career change and improvement are great.
5,0
I learned new systems and dealing with people and complaints, troubleshooting errors. I learned that there is always a solution to any problem. My co-workers became family and we supported each other in order to get through the day, the hardest part of the job for me was not succeeding saving money for my clients and the most enjoyable was hard work reaps benefits.
3,0
 Research various destinations and means of travel regarding prices, customs, weather conditions, reviews etc.
 Liaising with clients in person, over the phone or via email to discuss their travel requirements.

 Advising clients on suitable options for domestic or international destinations, tours, accommodation, transport, insurance and fares.

 Preparing customized itineraries to suit the clients’ preferences and budget.
Pros
free educational trips to different parts of the world
Cons
long hours - 7 days a week - low commission structure
1,0
I enjoyed this position very much as it was something else every day... no day was the same, no enquiry or booking was the same.
I have learned a lot from this company on general travel knowledge etc.

Co workers and management was not as involved and helpful as I would have liked or preferred.

Very long hours in the mall, and weekends as well as public holidays.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Very long hours
4,0
Flight Centre offers you the opportunity you grow at you own pace. With unlimited earning potential you have the Challenge and opportunity to earn way more then the standard salary within this industry. With a very rich culture you get rewarded for the work you do. Obviously travel is also part of the package. No 2 days are ever the same.

Honesty the best company to work for.
4,0
a typical day at work its booking 5 or more flights
i report to my team leader his not bad at all very helpful

its only two people currently in the store so hardly talk as my team leader does not like talking about his life

its when i deal with a difficult client

its when i reach my target and i know my salary will be good
Pros
half day
Cons
difficult client