Flight Centre
3,4 out of 5 stars.

Flight Centre Work-Life Balance reviews

Excellent company structure and an exciting place/industry to work in. Be prepared to work hard, and play hard, requiring long work hours and your full commitment to achieving sales targets.
Pros
Opportunities to travel
Cons
Minimal work/life balance
great Amazing Great culture Very rewarding Travel Benifits Amazing support Built on ten philosophies International exposure Career development staff development
Flight Centre is a fun yet professional place of work. They put their people first. As an employee you are given peace of mind. Relaxed place of work.
Experience depends on job title and location. Corporate environment is great, hard work, fast pased and rewarding. For retail you must like people and be able to accept rejection often. Be prepared for long hours and very low pay until you build a client base which takes about
I feel they should do more when it comes to their salary structure , it's horrible what they deem as basic salary and commission structure is not right , I don't think they consider the cost of living at all. If they can spend so much to make events and so on happen , they most definitely can move those amounts to the everyday life of an employee. They have staff high staff turnover because people don't stay .N
Easy to adapt and fit in a people-focused and family-oriented environment. A driven environment that is customer-centric. Through the promotion of responsible travel and our employee-nominated charities, we strive to build a better future for our nation.
Pros
Good employee retention
Cons
Company structure continuously changing
It was a great experience and the recruiter I worked with was really determined to help me. I felt like the growth potential was endless at this company.
20 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience working at Flight Centre.With 40 brands across 90 countries, the growth potential is indeed endless at Flight Centre Travel Group, and it allows our people to progress as their wants and needs change through life.We wish you the best with your future endeavours and hope our paths can cross some time again!
I really enjoyed working for this company. My work pace and excel skills improved greatly. I have no regrets to have worked for this company. I will always treasure the the time spent.
11 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience working with us. We're happy to know the company contributed to your skills development and wish they help you on future challenges.Best of luck and we hope our paths may cross some time again.
Fast paced environment. Sometimes difficult to find work life balance. Fun and exciting environment. It is great place to work in. there are a lot of opportunities for growth and international exposure is made possible.
11 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your experience working at Flight Centre Travel Group. We wish you all the best with your future endeavours and hope that our paths may cross again some time!
I enjoyed working for Flight Centre. I felt supported, challenged and learnt so much about the travel industry and also about myself and my capabilities. "Family, Village, Tribe" is the motto and you definitely feel that. There are always opportunities for growth within the company and industry itself, you will eventually make many contacts within the industry. There are training and mentoring programmes available for everyone. Having said so, I must say that this job is NOT for everyone, in my long career I saw many people come and go. The hours are long, its highly target driven and if you have a bad sales month you will certainly hit your pocket. You WILL be stressed and there will be days when you question everything. You need to be a very focused and goal driven individual and you MUST be self motivated. Overall I would say there is a "work hard - play hard environment" and that are many benefits to working here. I would certainly go back to FCTG if they were to open offices in Switzerland.
Pros
Benefits: Medical Aid, Leave allowances, Travel allowance, Epic Company Culture
Cons
Stressful, Long Hours, Salary when not meeting target
Exceptional training support programs provided. Highly target driven that if you are behind you end up cutting your days short to make means to reach target. Great work environment, you always look forward to coming to work
Pros
Training programs, buzz nights, medical aid
Cons
Increase targets, decrease on wages/salaries
The reason I left FCTG is because of an amazing opportunity at PwC, I did not look for new opportunities, and if I was not headhunted by PwC I would of surely still been at FCTG
Login to our computes and start working. A normal 9-5 hours job. You will be dealing with clients over the phone, some will be walk in client if you work at the offices ( malls ).
Bad people in Management, potentially great company. I just had bad timing. I also left just as the old regional manager got fired, so I never got the benefits of the new one.
Pros
I had none
Cons
Long hours, breakdown of character
Fun company to work for with good benefits and very good job security. The only problem is location it is quite a drive to get there if you don't live in Johannesburg.
Pros
Meal of the day
Cons
Monthly award ceremonies
Providing group quotes to internal and external businesses for flights, accommodation, transport etc. Organizing meetings, incentive, conferences and event travel for companies. I learnt that when dealing with group requests you need to be meticulous, pay attention to detail and be on top of the changes. The hardest part of the job is when changes are not communicated effectively by the client. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the trip was completed with no hitches.
Pros
Team Building
Cons
If you do not have the right management, then you won't be able to hit profit. Put the right people in the right positon, see your business grow not only in profit but a good working environment
Pros
making that welcome back phone call and hearing how the holiday was
Cons
people making up their travel budget when there is none
A typical day was to help people with their holiday packages. I learnt that you can go on holiday and not having to spend too much money. Workplace culture is very hard working. The hardest part was to keep people happy. The most enjoyable was when people came back from holiday they always brought something back to say thanks.
Pros
Seeing people smile
Cons
fighting for commission
This was a new area for me, but I loved creating the perfect holiday for people. For instance a first time cruiser is unaware of seasickness or what to expect and helping them find the ideal balance to fit their budget was an amazing experience.
And travel agent needs to give flight centre a try. The learning is endless, the culture and family is awesome. This is indeed one of the best companies to work for.
Very busy and productive work day, meet new people everyday, great customer experience at the top of the list, learn how to sell everyday to different types of people, good all round procedures in place to ensure minimal risk to company and client. Hardest part of the job, long hours, and selling outside of clients intended budget. Good work culture through out company and travel opportunities, most enjoyable part of the job is to be part of creating great holiday experiences and be part of client best memories.
Pros
Discounted travel opportunities
Cons
long hours and weekends 7 day work weeks