Flight Centre
3,4 out of 5 stars.

Flight Centre Employee Reviews

Excellent company structure and an exciting place/industry to work in. Be prepared to work hard, and play hard, requiring long work hours and your full commitment to achieving sales targets.
Pros
Opportunities to travel
Cons
Minimal work/life balance
Fun company to work for with good benefits and very good job security. The only problem is location it is quite a drive to get there if you don't live in Johannesburg.
Pros
Meal of the day
Cons
Monthly award ceremonies
Providing group quotes to internal and external businesses for flights, accommodation, transport etc. Organizing meetings, incentive, conferences and event travel for companies. I learnt that when dealing with group requests you need to be meticulous, pay attention to detail and be on top of the changes. The hardest part of the job is when changes are not communicated effectively by the client. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the trip was completed with no hitches.
Pros
Team Building
Cons
If you do not have the right management, then you won't be able to hit profit. Put the right people in the right positon, see your business grow not only in profit but a good working environment
Pros
making that welcome back phone call and hearing how the holiday was
Cons
people making up their travel budget when there is none
A typical day was to help people with their holiday packages. I learnt that you can go on holiday and not having to spend too much money. Workplace culture is very hard working. The hardest part was to keep people happy. The most enjoyable was when people came back from holiday they always brought something back to say thanks.
Pros
Seeing people smile
Cons
fighting for commission
This was a new area for me, but I loved creating the perfect holiday for people. For instance a first time cruiser is unaware of seasickness or what to expect and helping them find the ideal balance to fit their budget was an amazing experience.
Work hours 9 - 5:30. Meeting new individuals daily, contributing to their travel quality by delivering exceptional Travel Expert skills. Working in a fun vibrant and innovative team environment. Making clients travel dreams come true. Fun workplace culture. Always acquiring new skills such as accounting, administration, PR of store, marketing of store. Assistant team leader.
Pros
Position advancements and growth in the company.
Cons
Unstable income as basic salary is low and commission was not always assured.
I would compile quotes for holidays, keep up to date with countries travel requirements, rules and regulations as well as keep informed of current events worldwide that might affect some tours or travel destinations. Management was adequate and the environment was enthusiastic and competitive. I learned a lot about different countries and cultures, which I really enjoyed cultivating and enjoyed sending people on their "dream" vacations without any hitches.
Pros
Travel incentives
Cons
Working on weekends and the uniform
And travel agent needs to give flight centre a try. The learning is endless, the culture and family is awesome. This is indeed one of the best companies to work for.
You get to meet new people every day , people from different place's, its so nice because u give them options to a cheaper airline and see a happy customers is the Best
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
8 to 4pm
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Flight Centre?
This position was office based and focused on sales of airline tickets and package holidays. It was a stressful environment but enjoyable and I learned how to manage my time efficiently and accuracy was a necessity for this position. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with persons travelling because of the death of a loved one. The most enjoyable part of the job was the culture that they embraced.
Pros
Culture and People
I really enjoyed working for Flight Centre. A typical day at work included a great amount of learning and further developing incredible levels of social and inter-pesonal skills. It was some of favorite employment and I will always remember it as some of my best employee experience ever.
Pros
Free meals
Very busy and productive work day, meet new people everyday, great customer experience at the top of the list, learn how to sell everyday to different types of people, good all round procedures in place to ensure minimal risk to company and client. Hardest part of the job, long hours, and selling outside of clients intended budget. Good work culture through out company and travel opportunities, most enjoyable part of the job is to be part of creating great holiday experiences and be part of client best memories.
Pros
Discounted travel opportunities
Cons
long hours and weekends 7 day work weeks
Great company to work for and develop work experience and understand responsibilities and work ethics. Patience are valuable to working with team-mates.
Good company to work for with good benefits and very nice people, but unfortunately not a good work/life balance. Opportunities for career change and improvement are great.
I enjoy most about my job is the culture, the ability to discus anything. The availability of management for discussions and to put forward ideas. Seeing those ideas grow and implemented makes my job worthwhile. Workplace culture is young energetic and fun, recognition given when deserved. I have learnt to step out of my comfort zone and not be afraid speak out about concerns, negotiation and keeping the client happy. Building that relationship is vital to any organisation.
Pros
Freedom to work independently.
Cons
Not being given the correct tools to be more productive.
It's a great company that offers a variety of opportunities and the culture is exciting and people orientated. Recognition and reward is a large part of the culture.
Pros
Free dinners and incentives
Cons
It was an amazing Company I do miss the Culture and the growth opportunity that it provided, The main reason that I left was the fact that it required too much "party" versus "productivity"
I learned new systems and dealing with people and complaints, troubleshooting errors. I learned that there is always a solution to any problem. My co-workers became family and we supported each other in order to get through the day, the hardest part of the job for me was not succeeding saving money for my clients and the most enjoyable was hard work reaps benefits.
I loved Flight Centre, every day was a new experience and learning opportunity. I learned how to manage a business, manage people, taking responsibility, leading by example and mostly how to have fun. Management was supportive, and had an open door policy. Co workers, different personalities, but at the end of the day team work makes a winning shop and business. I loved planning and booking amzing holidays for clients, booking flights and getting the best rates and still make money, that is fun!
Pros
award evenings
Cons
write offs
 Research various destinations and means of travel regarding prices, customs, weather conditions, reviews etc.  Liaising with clients in person, over the phone or via email to discuss their travel requirements.  Advising clients on suitable options for domestic or international destinations, tours, accommodation, transport, insurance and fares.  Preparing customized itineraries to suit the clients’ preferences and budget.
Pros
free educational trips to different parts of the world
Cons
long hours - 7 days a week - low commission structure
  1. Employee Reviews