Flight Centre
3,4 out of 5 stars.

Flight Centre Employee Reviews

Excellent company structure and an exciting place/industry to work in. Be prepared to work hard, and play hard, requiring long work hours and your full commitment to achieving sales targets.
Pros
Opportunities to travel
Cons
Minimal work/life balance
It was an amazing company to start my career in travel. I grew so much in the company, on a personal and professional level
Pros
writing your own paycheck
Cons
gossiping and company cullture
I enjoyed this position very much as it was something else every day... no day was the same, no enquiry or booking was the same. I have learned a lot from this company on general travel knowledge etc. Co workers and management was not as involved and helpful as I would have liked or preferred. Very long hours in the mall, and weekends as well as public holidays.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Very long hours
very busy day at work, i learnt sales techniques that is proven to work efficiently. had very supportive management. the most enjoyable part of my job was closing a sale and knowing that my client was happy with the product that was offered and sold to him/her.
Reaching target could be difficult at times but our manager would see to it that we were not frustrated and we would engage in fun activities to build team spirit.
Pros
Gala dinners
Flight Centre offers you the opportunity you grow at you own pace. With unlimited earning potential you have the Challenge and opportunity to earn way more then the standard salary within this industry. With a very rich culture you get rewarded for the work you do. Obviously travel is also part of the package. No 2 days are ever the same. Honesty the best company to work for.
a typical day at work its booking 5 or more flights i report to my team leader his not bad at all very helpful its only two people currently in the store so hardly talk as my team leader does not like talking about his life its when i deal with a difficult client its when i reach my target and i know my salary will be good
Pros
half day
Cons
difficult client
Working as a Travel Agent has allowed me to gain a lot of experience in organizing travel arrangements. Its has given me the opportunity to learn more about the world, required visas, responsibility and time management
Pros
Educationals on different products and properties
Cons
Can be very stressful