FLSmidth

FLSmidth Employee Reviews

South Africa40 reviews
4,0
The supervisor is a good listener. If you don't understand the task of the day they are willing to help .They provide new strategies every day , they follow the company motor.
1,0
Micro management, overall not a good place to be employed by
Management not sure in what they want, they say one thing and do another.

Does not allow you to practice your expertise, stuck in old fashioned methodology.
5,0
I am not sure but it seems it is a good company with great opportunity and they respect people and workers and they have great people there who knows what they want
4,0
Safety comes first, taking care of its employers good to deliver. They always ready to uplift your skills. Good company to work for especially in the warehouse
5,0
Typical day at work is meetings, organizing and planning.
Management is also fare but production driven.

Work place culture is English language, all cultured perform, work and

stand together no matter how big or small the task is.
3,0
The products were very robust and suited to the environment and conditions the are used under. The way that the sales were done resulted in unnecessary stress and costs on the production side.
Pros
Good benfits
Cons
Highly stressful
5,0
Good people to work with all team players. Learned a lot in the safety field and engineering. Excellent management and support. we have a great safety culture all my personnel are on par with what needs to be done and how to perform it safely. Hardest part of the work is to start a new contract and to get all the requirements for compliance to get it all into place. Good friendships are what makes all of the days exiting to work.
5,0
A good experience in Engineering & a safe working culture at all locations in SSA&ME.
- Management support

- SHEQ driven by Global Parent company in Denmark etc.
5,0
Also start with a scope and a assistant, preparing half an hour before we work, with tools and spares, my job was to service the kiln couplings on the kiln line. We removed the kiln door, to make it safe for the builders, also using a monitor for gas inside it. Replace rakes bolts and nuts aswell as services the pipes. We we using electronic lifting equipment to changing the blades inside the klin, aswell to replace rubber blocks and Bearings around it.
Pros
No, you have to bring your own lunch, buying food at the canteen
Cons
From 7 am to 7pm with 15 minutes teabrake and 45 minutes lunch
5,0
I am a diligent self-disciplined person who has respect of his work, colleagues, and employer. I have determination, perseverance and potential. I have acquired management and communication skills which enable me to communicate with stakeholders and community outreach by creating a conducive atmosphere for empowering and uplifting. I interact with individuals openly. I always strive for the best in whatever I do through dedication and hard work. I am obedient, humble and optimistic. I lead by example portraying a good role model. I like to inspire and motivate those who come close to me.
Pros
Enough Lunch time allocation
5,0
I had lot of learning and exposure at FLSchmidt. The culture is different from many companies. Everything is extremely urgent. Everyone is super friendly and we were like one big family. I liked every minute except that the salary did not match the amount of work.
Pros
Growth in workplace & Canteen in the building
Cons
Cannot take leave in December/January because of Auditors
4,0
Great company to work for and working there is not too bad , i learned a lot , management is not bad , working culture is lekker, hardest part of the job is there is no growth when you in a position and I enjoyed working hours
Pros
bonus
Cons
bad management
4,0
It is a tough environment and pressures are always high due to the nature of the business, we are a project company delivering equipment into sub Saharan Africa, Middle East and Russia.
4,0
Even though the overtime hours were limited, it was a great company to work for. my skills were used up to the last level and i was given more challenging jobs which motivated me
5,0
Great people at all levels of the company - it's like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together.
A great culture - coming to work is fun and there are always nights out and something for everyone

Amazing part of this company is it does not let you feel like you are a employee. It feels like a family. Work is good and great seniors to guide. You feel you are in safe hands.
Pros
- Best place, best management and best infrastucture
5,0
Great people, Great Managers - Kind of a family environment. People Focused and excellent customer service.
Flexible working environment.

Open-door-management-policy
Compiling safe work procedures
Facilitating tool box talks

Compling sheq reports

Compiling swp and jo

Mentoring and promoting iso 9000 and iso 14000
Pros
Best sheq officer and good reports that added value
Cons
Attentive to detail
4,0
Enjoyed every minute of working in this company, I must say. Although they could've remunerated me better.

Colleagues are decent people to work with, always professional.
5,0
The job I had with this company was fantastic. The hours were great the people were great, the pay was fantastic and I really enjoyed doing the work. It served my need to be extremely organized and detail orientated. It was a new position for me something I hadn't done before and I felt right at home with it within a few days. I found my groove and went with it and helped streamline some of the processes to help both the customers and my colleagues. It was very unfortunate when my contract came to an end.
Pros
Close to home, good working hours
Cons
Never got the chance to work there permanently
5,0
Great management with great leadership and insight. A great company to work for with major opportunities to learn and grow. Great career advancement opportunities.
5,0
Earlybird farm has grown me in all my knowledge , work related, as well as personal.it was my first company to work for, and I did work there for about 20 years, there I was thought to work under pressure, work ethic is very high, work place culture is good