FLSmidth

FLSmidth Management reviews

South Africa40 reviews
5,0
Fast paste in the production site. SAFETY IS A HIGH PRIORITY.
Typical day at work is meetings, organizing and planning.
Management is also fare but production driven.
Work place culture is English language, all cultured perform, work and

stand together no matter how big or small the task is.
1,0
Highly stress full and dis orginized
Micro management, overall not a good place to be employed by
Management not sure in what they want, they say one thing and do another.
Does not allow you to practice your expertise, stuck in old fashioned methodology.
Stressful environment.
The products were very robust and suited to the environment and conditions the are used under. The way that the sales were done resulted in unnecessary stress and costs on the production side.
Pros
Good benfits
Cons
Highly stressful
Productive work environment
Good people to work with all team players. Learned a lot in the safety field and engineering. Excellent management and support. we have a great safety culture all my personnel are on par with what needs to be done and how to perform it safely. Hardest part of the work is to start a new contract and to get all the requirements for compliance to get it all into place. Good friendships are what makes all of the days exiting to work.
Productive & positive working environment
A good experience in Engineering & a safe working culture at all locations in SSA&ME.
- Management support
- SHEQ driven by Global Parent company in Denmark etc.
Productive and fun working Environment
I am a diligent self-disciplined person who has respect of his work, colleagues, and employer. I have determination, perseverance and potential. I have acquired management and communication skills which enable me to communicate with stakeholders and community outreach by creating a conducive atmosphere for empowering and uplifting. I interact with individuals openly. I always strive for the best in whatever I do through dedication and hard work. I am obedient, humble and optimistic. I lead by example portraying a good role model. I like to inspire and motivate those who come close to me.
Pros
Enough Lunch time allocation
Typical work day
Great company to work for and working there is not too bad , i learned a lot , management is not bad , working culture is lekker, hardest part of the job is there is no growth when you in a position and I enjoyed working hours
Pros
bonus
Cons
bad management
5,0
Highly skilled and productive company
Great people at all levels of the company - it's like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together.
A great culture - coming to work is fun and there are always nights out and something for everyone

Amazing part of this company is it does not let you feel like you are a employee. It feels like a family. Work is good and great seniors to guide. You feel you are in safe hands.
Pros
- Best place, best management and best infrastucture
5,0
Best company to work for
Great people, Great Managers - Kind of a family environment. People Focused and excellent customer service.
Flexible working environment.

Open-door-management-policy
5,0
Challenging and fun work place
Great management with great leadership and insight. A great company to work for with major opportunities to learn and grow. Great career advancement opportunities.
Not sure
exciting and challenging opportunities
Company business and policies

an inspiring and very helpful management
putting their goals first
declining of sales

Internal audits
Pros
Team work
Cons
Declining of sales
Productive and friendly
FLSmidth is a great company to work for that provides flexible working hours, fair management principles, excellent facilities and office space.
Pros
Flexi hours, excellent training and developement programs
Cons
Lack of growth opportunities
2,0
Employees from grass roots create their own fun by challenging other companies employees for the game of soccer
I figured there was opportunities for GROWTH because Management did not really focus on employees at the lower level but them selves, The Workers Union had to intervene because there is a lots of racism, that was one of the reasons i had to leave
Pros
Once a year braai
Cons
forced to work overtime
4,0
Good technical exposure, Commissioning fly in fly out cycles requires review.
Good technical exposure, Commissioning fly in fly out cycles requires review.
Good site and commissioning exposure.

Strong management team with many years experience
Pros
Competitive salaries
Cons
Weak fly in fly out cycles
3,0
Great company culture, Change can be challenging
We have a good environment but could be looked at and improved.
I have learned a great deal, and is exposed to various aspects of the company. I get to learn what a company needs to function.

Our management has great potential and is good at their jobs and they try and understand employees work-life-balance.
Our co-workers understand the importance of inter- relationships, and we all could work on improving.

The hardest part of the job is forecasting or identifying unforeseen risks. It is a challenge but can be fun. Also having this many stakeholders challenges me to deliver a project on time and withing budget.
Pros
Flexible working environment
Cons
Procrastination make up a part of the culture
3,0
is productive and nice work place
We always have a tool box talk before we start working everyday,l learned to respect everyone around me,the management is always open for discussion as the co-workers of the company, the hardest part of the job is normally when we have breakdown from the mine were we are entitled to repair and finish the job in time, when you are not always under pressure that's when you enjoy your job.
Pros
lunch is 30 minutes and not free.
Cons
we start work at 7h00 until 16h15.
4,0
Challenging career, but well managed
Learned customer relations, expediting, project management, mining equipment, process equipment
Benefits
4,0
A wonderful place to work with great exposure to the insdustry
A typical day would be to come in at 6am, and work right through to 4pm, with no problems. There is always something new to learn every day. I have learnt a fantastic new software known as Tekla and I am learning something new everyday. I find management very friendly and helpful. My co-workers are very helpful and knowledgeable. The hardest part of my job is not knowing what the future hold with regards to job security. The most enjoyable part is that I get to model entire plants in 3D.
Pros
Good Structural Steel exposure
Cons
Not knowing the future of my position in the company
3,0
A good, friendly work environment
A typical day would be coming into work at 7, visiting a client or supplier at 12 and then doing some work when you got home qt 4pm. i learnt a great deal about concentration plants, cyclones and slurry pumps, as well as expediting and project planning. My co-workers were very friendly and knowledgeable people. I found management to be very good and down to earth, and always willing to help. The hardest part of the job was the low salary and lack of benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching a colones cluster being delivered and installed on site.
Pros
Good work ethic and project experience
Cons
Salary was too low with little benifits