Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company Employee Reviews

South Africa138 reviews

3,9Work-Life Balance

Found 138 reviews matching the searchSee all 8 082 reviews

Productive manufacturing industry with a reasonable salary toward the employees

-Productive manufacturing industry with a reasonable salary toward the employees,safe and quality is the most priority at Ford.-Good company for the experiencial students training

Productive but no individual development

No growth especially in manufacturing. Change of management atleast twice a year and no stability. Less training and no certification training provided. Management not qualified

Very gun and relaxed environment

I really enjoyed working there, the people there are way too friendly and work together collaboratively. I want to go back to that environment and get more experience

Productive, Fun and relax

I learned a lot.I worked in many different departmentsI worked with very friendly peopleThe management is very caring and help full when you have a problem The hardest part of the job was to make sure you do the permits on time. The most enjoyable part of the job is to go to work every morning and be with people who really cares about you.

Pros

no work on saterdays

Very competitive remuneration

The overall experience was quite nice, it was a year's contract, which the didn't renew for the entire group I worked with, but I am grateful for the experience.

Productive and fun workplace

Everyday I learn a new thing, being flexible helps a lot coz i change from one station to another through out the whole year, so far i've learnt many things and ways to operate machines through the help of team work

Pros

Learning

Cons

Standing

I know lot of stuff now how to repair tire how to make doors

The we're only good times while I was working there. We had some free lunch. The hardest job is when they were no manager to tell us what to do. I love to finish my job.

Pros

Free lunche

Cons

good company, great work life balance, no real incentive to push though

good company, great work life balance, no real incentive to push though. People incredibly kind, work varied, good opportunity to move around but sometimes feels too structured and admin heavy

Productive and challenging as well as exciting

Very good place to start ones career. a lot of work is put in place to accelerate career growth and experience. fast -paced and environment that encourages caring for each other. They invest in initiatives that simply processes. The pay is good and leave plans are in compiled according to team availability to back up which is well structured.

Pros

Salary

Cons

can be too fast paced

Its okay

Didnt really enjoy working there. Everyone is always uptight, there's no room for growth. I dont recommend working there especially in sales. The management is terrible

Pros

Cons

Racism

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ford Motor Company?

Company and its management is pathetic and procrastinating the lives of its employees

Used to work at a couple of Ford Dealerships and my ethnic group is African and seemingly for that Reason my progression is delayed and management which is caucasian will by all means invest in their fellow citizens rather then invest in broad spectrum of employees regardless of Race and the varied spectrum mentioning African Race would be Skillful but denied opportunity to Grow just enslaved to work and paid peanuts

Pros

Over time

Cons

No overtime pay

Eye opening experience

Good working for Ford. It was closer to me I did not travel far the employees are very welcoming. I was receiving a srippenws at the time and I was happy with it.

Pros

Permanent jobs

Cons

Not sure

Productive work place

Production is a priority and safety is a responsibility. Quality is a must achieve.Ford motor company needs people who are dedicated and serious. A candidate must understand that quality is a key for good production.

Pros

Free weekends

Cons

No free lunch

Innovative brand

Really innovative products.Great desire to grow the brand and improve the work environment for staff. Needs stronger leadership with higher EQ to lead

Sevice nd repair

I was working as assistant motor mechenical teaching me some of skill on the car nd I was fast nd the like me coz I was a fast learner an love my job

Is a very cultural driven company.

Is very good environment to work and grow as a person. The workers are friendly, loving and they strave for quality at any product... One term, one ford.

Bad environment

We work with our own cloths no PPE is offered for workers..in 8 hours work there's only 30 minutes lunch break. Employees are not included in the profit sharing of the company only managers are entitled to it.

Ford Motor Company

Fast paced environment that requires a lot of focus and a very hands on type of work. I have learned a lot about time management and the importance of teamwork in order to achieve a common goal.

Everything is up to standard

We worked well together like family,having understanding management who instructed us with love and peace,shortage of parts was hard ,production delay

A good company to work with.

Working at Ford company was a good blessing to me, I have learn a lot working with a good team to operate the robot at ford. I have gain experience from the day I started working with ford .yes there was a challenges and upsides down as all jobs but I have learn to do good from all .to me it was a great opportunity to work with ford.

i would really love working for u

i would love to work of ford because ford is one of there best company in south Africa. i believe that having me working here . would bring change alot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ford Motor Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 8 082 reviews

3,9 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
4,1 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,6 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,6 out of 5 stars for Management
3,8 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Ford Motor Company
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?