fraser alexander

fraser alexander Employee Reviews

Fraser Alexander had great workplace culture, it was great working there. I have learned quite a number of thing as a senior personnel, meeting deadlines, implementation of training systems and other training systems
Thee culture of working in Fraser was suitable and understandable to adhered to,at Fraser you need to make sure you deliver with no excuses , be active.
Pros
Free lunchers when woring extra hours
Cons
Most of the time you need to deliver and extra hours.
We where looked after and they had their workers interested at heart ,they had trainings, workshops where we would gather together and have team ,as g
My manager showed great skills in leadership and vast procurement knowledge. She is one individual one can follow as leader. She is of impeccable character and great asset to the organisation.
Slower paced as what I am used to. I love a challenge, but not getting the work satisfaction I wanted. I also had to relocate. It's a good company though.
Had to donate blood to SANB every three months, worked well with the colleagues, enjyed interpreting IRP5 to the employees. Liked doing EMP201 and assisting with folding payslips
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The working environment is productive and challenging and every procedure is reviewed on time and the communication is perfect .Safety is their keys at times .
Pros
Braai every month / vochers
Cons
normal hours
working at Faser alexander taught me a lot of things on how to work as a team, safe & to resepct my job.They evn taught me how to use different mechiny.
Pros
Team & lunch
Cons
9 hours
A typical day at Fraser Alexander within HR is always dynamic due to our business's various needs and the clients we serve. Every day is unique and requires most of the time some innovative, independent and problem solving orientated thinking. At Fraser Alexander we value all employees and their contributions and we work hand in hand with management to resolve queries optimally and timeously to ensure a conducive work environment where employees can perform optimally. Some days may be challenging in some instances where a specialist are faced with some unknown and high demanding challenges, but after each day, one can say with great satisfaction that you have learned a lot!
Pros
Good benefits and salaries
Cons
Long hours; Job insecurity
When i started at Fraser i knew nothing of their work but it took me just 4 days and proofed myself you never to old to learn. And had my own site to run.
Pros
Could take lunch any time
Cons
12 hours shifts
The company aids the workers who are studying financially. It has produced highly skilled engineers. The salaries are not good. Call outs are not paid for.
Pros
Training and development
Cons
Long working hours
Fraser Alexander was a company that thought of their employees as family. The company was fair and opportunities were available. I enjoyed my many years that I worked there.
I help oporator running station and cleaning station ,operating pump that delivering slurry to plant some times helping guys ontop on the dam,opening and closing velves
Cons
8 hours
Work starts at 06h30 in the morning and is busy dealing with people interface, meetings, inspections, investigations, facilitating risk assessments and procedures from the moment you walk in until 16h30pm knock off time. Management on site is strict with a zero tolerance for poor quality and accidents.The employees work hard and play hard. Being away from home for extended periods. Pay weekends are the most enjoyable part of the job!
Pros
4 day pay weekends
Cons
working away from home constantly
 Collect production data capture and analyse the data to determine production performance.  Develop excel log sheets for capturing of data by operators.  Develop and implement pre-use checklists of key functional equipment.  Conduct monthly inspections of supervisors tools to ensure they still meet required standard  Assist safety department with conducting incident investigations.  Tracking maintenance done on equipment and writing a monthly maintenance report
Writing resolutions for board approval and in accordance with the Approved Framework Attending and taking minutes in board subcommitees Attending and taking minutes in board meetings Preparing action plans Collating inputs from executives to submit to the board packs The hardest part of the job is when you are not able to finish your board pack in time because the executives are not meeting the deaslines Working flexible hours
Pros
flexible hours and working from home
Cons
Retrenchments
Fun,great workplace where you can learn new things and uplift yourself. Trainings are available and also free abet classes available. Living out allowance given to employees,
Pros
living out allowance
Cons
normal working hours
A day at work goes by without noticing I have learned that total dedication, diligence was order of the day Management interaction with employees was good Workplace culture very accommodative to all The hardest part was to retrench employees The enjoyable part of the job was working and interacting with employees at sites
Pros
Internal courses
Cons
Over staffing
Hectic, be patient in what ever you are doing, great management support system, super workplace culture, getting signatures from Engineers, meeting my targets.
Pros
Knocking off early every Friday
Cons
Travelling
Very good company, exposed to different challenges everyday and you work with different types of people who sometimes are resistance to change but with good communication and persuasive skills you can win them. my favourite part of the job is interacting with employees and conceiving their concerns, ensuring everyone that their opinion matters and bringing change in the line of work.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
It's been a good company to work for until recently. Gone through restructuring in 2015, a year later we're going through another one. You don't feel safe anymore, can't make any long term planning due to job uncertainty. It is very hard, not knowing what the future holds for you in the company that you're currently working for.
  1. Employee Reviews