Fresenius Medical Care

South Africa34 reviews

3,1Work-Life Balance

Found 34 reviews matching the searchSee all 6 687 reviews

Working at Fresenius

New staff with no experience gets paid more that qualified renal staff , Extra responsibilities like Mentor shiftleader Ro responsible gets no extra pay or incentive or allowance, after doing the nephrology courses salary was not increased, Little to no room to grow or be promoted, Always stuck in a cubicle ,Shift leaders are not appreciated even though they do ALOT more that normal staff on the floor ,Salary increases are little, Shifts starts at 05h00

Pros

Better salary that in hospital, provident fund More relaxed than a ward setting Little to no Covid patients. Yearly bonus of 80%

Cons

Early shifts, No appreciation to shift leaders, No incentives or allowances for extra duties, No medical aid allowances, Small increases

Poor employee retention

This company has a I don’t care culture, they continually fail to retain good staff members. They exploit staff and expect them to continuously we work.

Pros

Bad company

Cons

Ridiculously

It would be a fun place to work at if the was appreciation of the staff and support from management

No honesy and a lot of backstabbing amongst the employees.There are employees who feel that they are more entitled than others. Employees are not fairly promoted, its a survival of the fittest kind of environment.Employees had to use other employees’s heads to climb the ladder.Non qualified candidates are occupying top positions because of their race,those candidates end up running the company (Fresenius) as if its their backyard spaza shops.

Pros

14th cheque

Cons

Long hours, no appreciation

team work

they have the best dialysis machines, material resources always available. I would recommend someone to work there,except they don't have benefits. I enjoyed working there as I learned how to manage and also I grew my renal skills through pushing myself and being dedicated. The trainings I attended gave me the necessary skills to take with me anywhere I go.

Pros

Training for new satff, refresher courses

Shockingly bad

The company is good with promises however terrible at delivering. Not only do they keep temps for years (without fair compensation and benefits). Permanent employees also hate working for them. Overloaded and underpaid. Considering their international appeal its shocking to say the least.

Excellent if you are looking for a corporate career

Competitive job culture. Stressful and under pressure. Excellent if you are looking for a corporate career. Enjoyable if you reach goals set out by management.

Innovative and challenging.

Good position for someone with no work experience as it includes a lot of things to be approved by management, waiting for full approval is the most irritating part of the job. overall a good company but not much room for growth in the digital space.

Salary is not enough for the work load

I would still be working for Fresenius if it was paying well and also according to qualification earned. I loved working there, I love the on going education and training received.

Fresenius Medical Care is a great company. The only problem at Fresenius Medical Care is Leadership/Management style used by most senior managers. Otherwise, a great company with great potential to be world class

Pros

Multinational Company with Great Innovations

Cons

Bad Leadership

good work ethics

i enjoy working at the company but my salary is not meeting my life expenses. The company could assist its employees with medical aid subsidy to make their life a little stress free

Early morning shift or late night shift. Learning opportunities are endless because of the nature of the work. Management of renal treatment is vital.

Workplace culture can be toxic at times due to high levels of sexism, racism and territorialism of female nurses towards their male colleagues in workplace environment. Otherwise good, most of time.

Pros

Excellent learning opportunities.

Cons

Long hours work. Shift work.

No team work and poor management.

Unit manage not fair to other staff as she has her favoritism that can do things and she will let it go and get angry if its others, she even says to us if we wanna leave we can leave she does care. reason its because her favorite staff doesn't work hence us we always on the floor while her sitting down with them. We are not allowed to get sick and there is no medical aid for staff.

Pros

Nothing its free

Cons

We work long hours +- 17hours

The management team makes it hard for emplees to love their job. They don't appreciate their employees.certain subordinates use intimidation

If only the management could stop treating employees like they are trash, like they did them a favour and stop intimidating. Students are exploited and their futures are threatened when they try to oppose. For students this company is a trap

Pros

Cons

Long hours and safety

The company is very professional

I grew professionally, there is vast development and the equipment of the company is great which makes the job easier. Professional Development, Excellent Equipment. Lacks Upward mobility

Pros

Professional Development, Excellent Equipment

Cons

Lacks Upward mobility. The company does not subsidies employees medical aid

friendly patients and very nice workplace

Arrive early in the morning to see beautiful smiles from patients who cannot wait to be connected on the machine eager to see and talk to their nurses. two registered nurses would connect 5 patients each within 1 hour. I've learned to be fast, accurate and always maintaining aseptic technique and to be considerate about each client's unique characters. Workplace culture was very nice to arrive early connect the clients then have your tea. that was the norm. The hardest part of the job was getting to work at 4 am but as time passed by I got used to the hours. I enjoyed learning about how the kidneys work and there are different factors that contribute to stage 5 kidney failure.

Pros

breakfast at work

Cons

work at early hours of the morning ie 3am

stable company to work for

My work included 24/7 to place acute persons in the private hospital to do acute dialysis. Sort out staff problems. Sort out all paperwork that had to do with all acute dialysis issues. Ample opertunity to improve yourself Work place culture very stress full but enjoyable. Hardest part of the job was to wake up in the middle of the night to go and work when you could not get any of your staff members on the phone to go and work.

Pros

14 cheque

Not a good workplace

Did not enjoy working for this company, very negative environment, very long hours with no overtime, management was not on top of their game, you never knew if you were the right thing from one day to the next, the goal posts were always being moved

Pros

yea end bonus

Cons

Negative environment

Clinical Technology

Performing Haemodialysis and care of patients with chronic renal failure. • Unit administration. • Deputy Responsible of Water Treatment System. • Mentoring and training in the unit. • Deputy for Online Data Capturing System (Euclid).

Pros

Growth

It was fairly a good Company to work for.

it was a good Company to work for. i learned a lot, they have a diverse culture where everyone feels accommodated. i really appreciate the opportunity i was given.

Pros

experience

Cons

growth

Start in the early hours of the morning...05h00

An eye opener. I am very thankfull for both of my kidneys. Gained a lot of respect for kidney failure patients...Management and Staff is working very very hard, lots of hours are dedicated to assist these patients.

Pros

Uniforms every year

Cons

Very high pressure

I work in a 15 bedded unit, shifts start at 5h00 in the morning, after connection of patients we do delegation and carry out our responsibilities for the day, we have special responsibilities like anaemia nurse, hygiene nurse and so on, I have learned a lot, simply because of the nature of work and patients that we have, I have developed good interpersonal skills, and communication skills, I enjoy the challenges I cone across because they make me understand more and enhance my management of patient

Pros

Recognition

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 6 687 reviews

3,1 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,4 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,1 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
2,9 out of 5 stars for Management
3,1 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Fresenius Medical Care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?