Fresenius Medical Care

Clear
3,1Work-Life Balance
3,1Culture

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 6 685 reviews

Excellent if you are looking for a corporate career

Competitive job culture. Stressful and under pressure. Excellent if you are looking for a corporate career. Enjoyable if you reach goals set out by management.

Early morning shift or late night shift. Learning opportunities are endless because of the nature of the work. Management of renal treatment is vital.

Workplace culture can be toxic at times due to high levels of sexism, racism and territorialism of female nurses towards their male colleagues in workplace environment. Otherwise good, most of time.

Pros

Excellent learning opportunities.

Cons

Long hours work. Shift work.

friendly patients and very nice workplace

Arrive early in the morning to see beautiful smiles from patients who cannot wait to be connected on the machine eager to see and talk to their nurses. two registered nurses would connect 5 patients each within 1 hour. I've learned to be fast, accurate and always maintaining aseptic technique and to be considerate about each client's unique characters. Workplace culture was very nice to arrive early connect the clients then have your tea. that was the norm. The hardest part of the job was getting to work at 4 am but as time passed by I got used to the hours. I enjoyed learning about how the kidneys work and there are different factors that contribute to stage 5 kidney failure.

Pros

breakfast at work

Cons

work at early hours of the morning ie 3am

stable company to work for

My work included 24/7 to place acute persons in the private hospital to do acute dialysis. Sort out staff problems. Sort out all paperwork that had to do with all acute dialysis issues. Ample opertunity to improve yourself Work place culture very stress full but enjoyable. Hardest part of the job was to wake up in the middle of the night to go and work when you could not get any of your staff members on the phone to go and work.

Pros

14 cheque

Cons

It was fairly a good Company to work for.

it was a good Company to work for. i learned a lot, they have a diverse culture where everyone feels accommodated. i really appreciate the opportunity i was given.

Pros

experience

Cons

growth

Very rewarding job

Variable but dynamic. Adaptability Upper management sometimes frustrating when understanding staff needs Finding funding for treatment but great when it is achieved

Pros

Job satisfaction

Cons

dealing with patient loss

I admitted more patients and did more acute connections than any staff at Tshepo-Themba.

I enjoyed my stay there and was laughing all day.I learned to be open and to have tolerance in staff and patients.Management was okay though i did not like management style at times.Co-workers were excellent.Hardest part of job is when having a new patient and patient complicate and not sure whether to send patient home or to casualty for admission.Admitting more patients and making jokes with patients.

Pros

Performance bonus

Cons

Shortage of staff

Job Satisfaction Quality patient Care

Can be anything form a calm incident free day to crisis crisis with RO system, load shedding, ill patients, no day is predictable, so plan for all situations Always be on the alert, keep updated and maintain execellent relationships with all departments Business skills combined with caring skills Different cultures, different levels of caring and skills head office being in another province, but manage to the best being manager to staff ,HR, and carer to patients I love interaction with patients, all departments, planning and most of all saving lives of many patients who walk in ill and leave happy

Pros

Mentor and Regional Manager in place

Cons

Staffing

it can be better

day starts at 8, very busy till i leave. i work well with the people in my team and enjoy when everyone is included in talks etc. my co-workers are young and vibrant. will rather not get into the topic of management. the hardest part of my job is dealing with a supervisor that doesnt understand me or have much supervisoral skills/people skills.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fresenius Medical Care?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 6 685 reviews

3,1 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,4 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,1 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
2,9 out of 5 stars for Management
3,1 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Fresenius Medical Care
  • Culture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?