Fresenius Medical Care

Clear
3,1Work-Life Balance
2,9Management

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 6 685 reviews

Excellent if you are looking for a corporate career

Competitive job culture. Stressful and under pressure. Excellent if you are looking for a corporate career. Enjoyable if you reach goals set out by management.

It would be a fun place to work at if the was appreciation of the staff and support from management

No honesy and a lot of backstabbing amongst the employees.There are employees who feel that they are more entitled than others. Employees are not fairly promoted, its a survival of the fittest kind of environment.Employees had to use other employees’s heads to climb the ladder.Non qualified candidates are occupying top positions because of their race,those candidates end up running the company (Fresenius) as if its their backyard spaza shops.

Pros

14th cheque

Cons

Long hours, no appreciation

Shockingly bad

The company is good with promises however terrible at delivering. Not only do they keep temps for years (without fair compensation and benefits). Permanent employees also hate working for them. Overloaded and underpaid. Considering their international appeal its shocking to say the least.

Innovative and challenging.

Good position for someone with no work experience as it includes a lot of things to be approved by management, waiting for full approval is the most irritating part of the job. overall a good company but not much room for growth in the digital space.

Fresenius Medical Care is a great company. The only problem at Fresenius Medical Care is Leadership/Management style used by most senior managers. Otherwise, a great company with great potential to be world class

Pros

Multinational Company with Great Innovations

Cons

Bad Leadership

Early morning shift or late night shift. Learning opportunities are endless because of the nature of the work. Management of renal treatment is vital.

Workplace culture can be toxic at times due to high levels of sexism, racism and territorialism of female nurses towards their male colleagues in workplace environment. Otherwise good, most of time.

Pros

Excellent learning opportunities.

Cons

Long hours work. Shift work.

No team work and poor management.

Unit manage not fair to other staff as she has her favoritism that can do things and she will let it go and get angry if its others, she even says to us if we wanna leave we can leave she does care. reason its because her favorite staff doesn't work hence us we always on the floor while her sitting down with them. We are not allowed to get sick and there is no medical aid for staff.

Pros

Nothing its free

Cons

We work long hours +- 17hours

The management team makes it hard for emplees to love their job. They don't appreciate their employees.certain subordinates use intimidation

If only the management could stop treating employees like they are trash, like they did them a favour and stop intimidating. Students are exploited and their futures are threatened when they try to oppose. For students this company is a trap

Pros

Cons

Long hours and safety

Not a good workplace

Did not enjoy working for this company, very negative environment, very long hours with no overtime, management was not on top of their game, you never knew if you were the right thing from one day to the next, the goal posts were always being moved

Pros

yea end bonus

Cons

Negative environment

Start in the early hours of the morning...05h00

An eye opener. I am very thankfull for both of my kidneys. Gained a lot of respect for kidney failure patients...Management and Staff is working very very hard, lots of hours are dedicated to assist these patients.

Pros

Uniforms every year

Cons

Very high pressure

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fresenius Medical Care?

I work in a 15 bedded unit, shifts start at 5h00 in the morning, after connection of patients we do delegation and carry out our responsibilities for the day, we have special responsibilities like anaemia nurse, hygiene nurse and so on, I have learned a lot, simply because of the nature of work and patients that we have, I have developed good interpersonal skills, and communication skills, I enjoy the challenges I cone across because they make me understand more and enhance my management of patient

Pros

Recognition

Very rewarding job

Variable but dynamic. Adaptability Upper management sometimes frustrating when understanding staff needs Finding funding for treatment but great when it is achieved

Pros

Job satisfaction

Cons

dealing with patient loss

it was very intestring experience nd i learnt a lot

at work is was quite enjoyable because there was no superior and inferior at work we were treated equally by our manager up to the stuff. it was to hard to be in the middle between the permanent employees and the management when there is a certain conflict between them. i learned that u must not take sides at work in order to survive you must learn to work with anyone in order to survive long enough. working hard its the part i liked the most because i told myself that nothing come easy

Pros

tea time

Cons

I admitted more patients and did more acute connections than any staff at Tshepo-Themba.

I enjoyed my stay there and was laughing all day.I learned to be open and to have tolerance in staff and patients.Management was okay though i did not like management style at times.Co-workers were excellent.Hardest part of job is when having a new patient and patient complicate and not sure whether to send patient home or to casualty for admission.Admitting more patients and making jokes with patients.

Pros

Performance bonus

Cons

Shortage of staff

I enjoyed the busy unit of caring and management of a patient during Dialysis session. I enjoyed caring educating a patient on Haemodialysis. I enjoyed my relationship with all my colleagues.

Pros

Lunches

Cons

Short breaks

it can be better

day starts at 8, very busy till i leave. i work well with the people in my team and enjoy when everyone is included in talks etc. my co-workers are young and vibrant. will rather not get into the topic of management. the hardest part of my job is dealing with a supervisor that doesnt understand me or have much supervisoral skills/people skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fresenius Medical Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 6 685 reviews