Fugro
Fugro Employee Review

Social company, relaxed but productive

5,0
5 March 2015
Typical day at work: I get to work, read and reply to emails, Update staff actuals (who is in and who is on leave etc), capture leave and update personnel date, Check that work reports figures matches payroll processing and staff actuals. Assist with queries and problems related to human resources issues. Monitor recruitment database. What i've learned: Is to think on my feet and solve problems as they come Management: Very flexible and approachable The hardest part of the job: Dealing with difficult employees The most enjoyable part: Making a difference in employees careers
4,0Work/Life Balance
2,0Salary/Benefits
3,0Job Security/Advancement
4,0Management
4,0Culture
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
low salary
3,0
3 December 2017
Same location
Senior Surveyor (Current Employee) - Cape Town
Fugro is a very stable company. Always try to keep hold of her staff as far as it's possible. Progressing your career within Fugro can be a challenge though, nothing happens automatically, you always have to battle for promotions and increase.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Long hours when offshore and sometimes conditions not good. Not covering our income tax.
1,0
2 September 2019
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) - Milnerton
I hated working for them, I was bullied and I loved my job but had to leave because I couldn't take the stressful environment anymore. I was emotionally drained, ill treated and my character was broken.
4,0
9 May 2015
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) - Africa
Hard, but rewarding work. Team work is of the essence. Excellent management with a clear strategic goal. A lovely spread of diverse international individuals pursuing a common end state. Hardest part is going away from family for extended periods. Most enjoyable is the achievement of common goals.
Pros
A close family company looking well after it's employees
Cons
Leaving home for a long time
  1. Social company, relaxed but productive