G Adventures

G Adventures Employee Reviews

5,0
A fine company, superbly run on all levels. The company culture and ethos are like none I've ever experienced. Brilliant and heartfelt! Customer or employee - everyone counts and is given the utmost respect and consideration. Dedication to environmental concerns is also paramount. AND, safety always comes first.
4,0
Las oficinas son bonitas y agradables con espacios de relajación, cocina, mesas para almorzar. Muchos eventos se celebran ahí para los empleados. Los equipos son en general bastante jóvenes y el turn over alto.
Es un lugar de trabajo conveniente si tus gastos son bajos y si quieres trabajar en una empresa relajada que ofrece muchas oportunidades para divertirse y conocer a gente joven, principalmente.

Los empleados de las oficinas tienen sueldos mediocres pero acceso a viajes cada año con descuentos importantes, o sin cargo.

La comunidad de los tour leaders tiene otra realidad, no está reconocida como empleada, por lo cual no tiene beneficios y solo cuenta con un sueldo por jornada en tour (sin cotizaciones sociales no hay posibilidades de pedir paro, ni jubilación, ni bajas por enfermedad).

Es un puesto de trabajo muy interesante si te gusta viajar y no tener ninguna rutina. Conocerás a muchísima gente de todos lados, y muchísimos lugares bonitos. El trabajo es duro ya que tus horarios son desde que te levantes hasta que te acuestes: de las 6/7 hasta las 00:00 aproximadamente. El grupo te necesita en todo, y en cualquier momento del día o de la noche, estás para lo que necesiten.

Tienes que preparar cada tour y estar todo el tiempo leyendo y aprendiendo de los destinos para poder ofrecer una experiencia fantástica a tus viajeros. Los días de preparación del tour no se pagan.

Los alojamientos donde te quedarás con el grupo son de nivel muy variable, según el tour que te toque (de camping a hoteles de 4 estrellas).

No aconsejo este tipo de puesto para alguien con compromisos
 - more...
Pros
Una empresa en crecimiento con oportunidades de viajar
Cons
Sueldos mediocres en las oficinas y pocos beneficios para los tour leaders
4,0
Company culture is top-notch, colleagues are amazing humans which kept me around for so long. The compensation wasn't great for the amount of time and effort given but it was fulfilling work. I did, however, lose a lot of respect for the executive team the way they handled the Covid-19 situation, definitely did not practice what they preached.
Pros
Amazing work environment, travel perks, great colleagues.
Cons
Long hours for little pay, the founders ego can get in the way of the business.
4,0
So far G Adventures has been the best place I've worked so far. It offers a great social environment and opportunities for growth. I definitely recommend G for anyone who enjoys travelling and social interaction.
5,0
Loved working for G as a CEO out on the road. I felt supported and apart of the team even though I didn't go into the office all that often. Team atmosphere was great, but this comes down to your team each season. Positivity and Support sums up working for G Adventures!
4,0
Starting off in Calgary or Vancouver, introduction with guests from around the world. Finish intro with guests. Wake up early to depart, drive to the first destination. prepare breakfast, lunch daily take the guests on activites, hikes, nature focused things while still indulging in consumerism. Focused around hiking and adventure. White water rafting, surfing, canoeing, kayaking, whale watching and so on.

The hardest park of the job was doing it all by myself, with little to no sleep. This included grocery shopping, accounting for all my expenses, driving long hours, dealing with clients personal issues, and having little to no breaks between being on the road for 30 days at a time. Most I had was 3 days off after 30 days before another 30 days

The people are what made the job what it was, lifelong firends who recognized how hard I worked and the hospitality I gave to them , was sent back to me, as I still talk to many of my friends from Europe and Australia today.
Pros
Free Food as I was the cook
Cons
Draining physically
3,0
The company's handling of the Covid-19 crisis punched holes in the way G Adventures presents itself. Lots of smoke and mirrors with company culture at the forefront but when it comes down to it, the company is as much about the bottom line as any other company. Don't be fooled by all the talk of core values as they got thrown out the window the second that became threatened. Obviously it's smart business to look after your bottom line but don't pretend like that isn't your true "core value."
4,0
I learnt a lot in my time at G Adventures, the culture is great and the benefits of working there fantastic. i personally found that the salary did not reflect the city I lived in.
5,0
I loved my time at G, just a shame Covid-19 hit. Although the salary is not amazing, the perks and culture was great and I would recommend it to anyone looking to travel and get paid to travel or use the perks to get cheap travel. Met a lot of greta people during my time there as well.
5,0
Great work culture between all staff at different levels. A fun innovative and fresh thinking company with lots of young entrepreneurial energy.
I learnt a lot of diverse skills with this company and gained a lot of training.
3,0
Things used to be better. The company grew organically and was great, but then it all had to be put down on paper and prescribed. It became too regimented and narrow minded. The work always suffered due to their lack of discipline and understanding of the was responsible for what. They also have a habit of hiring from within, which means most people are mediocre at their job. Its more important to fit in than do good work.
5,0
Company was very good but due to the world wide Corona virus pandemic it had to suspend all Tours.
A very efficient worldwide operating company.

With a community help oriented Tourism.
5,0
Great leadership and advancement. Typical day at work is engaging not only with . clients but also with internal staff. We are one family unit. We work hard and play hard.
1,0
I was fired without cause after 2.5 years of work, dedication and loyalty. Was never offered an explanation, was just sent my things in the mail. This is definitely not the first time this has happened to someone in the company. No job security at all.
4,0
Oficina principal en Sudamericana con grandes oportunidades para crecimiento y aprendizaje.
Pros
Seguro Médico y beneficios de viaje
Cons
Sueldos
4,0
Fun place to work with many opportunities to develop a career on the travel industry. There are also many opportunities to travel around the world and make friendships that will last a lifetime.
5,0
Reconocida mundialmente, con operaciones en todo el mundo y de fantástica estructura de operación y dinámica de team leadership y developement
5,0
This is a great place to work, Always been encouraged to grow and push my limits. Fun place with great moral! Great staff benefits and a great organization
4,0
G Adventures is truly one of the best company's to work with. They have an amazing culture and outlook towards the making a positive change in the world through travel.

Great people to work with. Spreading happiness and keeping their customers at the center of everything is one of the main reasons of their phenomenal growth.
Pros
Best owner ever. Work ethic. Fun People. Freedom.
Cons
Could have better pay & remuneration.
5,0
Just loved my time here. 11 years by far the most exciting experience of my life. G Adventures provided me with the tools and platform to achieve my professional and personal dreams.
Pros
Excellent company culture, great people as peers.
Cons
many times you need to dedicate extra hours without payment.
5,0
Getting paid to travel and meet new people... what more could you want? G is the largest adventure tourism company in the world with work places around the globe.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at G Adventures. Our community is ready to answer.
4,2