G4S logo
3,4 out of 5 stars.

G4S

G4S Employee Review

Fun workplace

I was left to my own discretion and did my work as it come in. I never delayed on email and always kept the clients happy as far as I could. I enjoyed my work very much - the hours was very nice from 08:00 to 16:00

Pros

Pension fund and medical aid

Same role

Decent working environment, but the people make it.

I work in a team of 6, excluding the line manager. An awesome bunch, and we all get on fairly well. The only male in the department, but that has not been a major issue. The relationship with management is a cordial one, albeit without daily physical interaction. Accountability and transparency are also very important. The hardest part would be when systems do not function and when there are delays in turn-around time with tasks as a result. Time is of major importance, as we are in vetting and screening for the company. The most enjoyable would be knowing you played a part in the process of having a candidate go from that, to employed in the company.

Pros

When there are functions, expenses have generally not being spared. Although there has been a need, citing the economic climate of late, they still make them enjoyable.

Cons

Some of the cuts that have been made have seemed a bit ridiculous. For instance, strict regulation of coffee/tea times nowadays.
Same role

Productive and exciting work place

A typical work day will be knocking on at 8 and leaving at four, what i learned from this job is that working under pressure almost everyday and that made me more alert and more focused as well. Every one is friendly and ask questions if unsure about anything in the work place. I would say the hardest part of the job is when the pressure gets so much that you would have to put in more hours in completing the job. The most enjoyable part of my job is when i see that all the pressure was hard work gets rewarded.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Same location

productive and fun work place.very protected as they are dealing with money

g4s is a company where they work 100% with money and the environment is very nice and protected.i enjoyed working for g4s because is a big company that have compasion.