G4S
3,4 out of 5 stars.
G4S Employee Review

Productive and exciting work place

5,0
31 October 2017
A typical work day will be knocking on at 8 and leaving at four, what i learned from this job is that working under pressure almost everyday and that made me more alert and more focused as well. Every one is friendly and ask questions if unsure about anything in the work place. I would say the hardest part of the job is when the pressure gets so much that you would have to put in more hours in completing the job. The most enjoyable part of my job is when i see that all the pressure was hard work gets rewarded.
5,0Work/Life Balance
5,0Salary/Benefits
5,0Job Security/Advancement
5,0Management
5,0Culture
Pros
free lunches
3,0
9 November 2017
Same role
Vetting Administrator (Current Employee) - Centurion, Gauteng
I work in a team of 6, excluding the line manager. An awesome bunch, and we all get on fairly well. The only male in the department, but that has not been a major issue. The relationship with management is a cordial one, albeit without daily physical interaction. Accountability and transparency are also very important. The hardest part would be when systems do not function and when there are delays in turn-around time with tasks as a result. Time is of major importance, as we are in vetting and screening for the company. The most enjoyable would be knowing you played a part in the process of having a candidate go from that, to employed in the company.
Pros
When there are functions, expenses have generally not being spared. Although there has been a need, citing the economic climate of late, they still make them enjoyable.
Cons
Some of the cuts that have been made have seemed a bit ridiculous. For instance, strict regulation of coffee/tea times nowadays.
3,0
2 September 2014
Same role
National NCC Administrator (Former Employee) - Centurion, GP
A typical day at work will start with me supervising the staff on branch/vault openings. I will then advise them if they don't work according to the standard operating procedures. After openings, a report is sent to management based on my findings. I learned that you must have patience with other staff members as they are not on the same level and training needs to be adjusted according to their understanding levels. The co-workers had a lot of respect for me and always told me that I help them a lot and I'm always willing to listen to problems that they might have and give advise or assist. The hardest part of the job for me was the stand-by hours. There were times when I worked 24 hours straight without going home etc. The enjoyable part of the job was to learn different people that comes from very different sorts of life. And to learn their culture and just to interact with them.
Pros
Medical aid contribution
5,0
24 February 2020
Same location
Senior Site Supervisor (Current Employee) - Polokwane, Limpopo
i am working as senior site supervisor and i really enjoy my job. i learn how to deal with the stock every how do we count the stock on our site. our management are good to us as they encourage us to study and they give the proper training for the job. the culture is to deliver in the best interest of the company the hardest part is to deal with those who do the scam that end up loosing the stock. To do the investigation if there is some that not right to our workplace.
  1. Productive and exciting work place