G4S
3,4 out of 5 stars.

G4S Employee Reviews in Centurion, Gauteng

There’s no such thing as a job description With what I learned from the company is that you have to be flexible and help around in other areas even if it’s not part of your area of expertise
Pros
No pros
Cons
Less salary more work
Training provideYou know what is expected of you You are aware of the individual performance and of a teamWell structuredYou are familiarize about the performance of the business
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Working on Saturday
Working at G4S I have learned to work as a team and independentProblem solving is one of thing I was excelling on. Working with different culture.
Pros
N/a
Cons
.Highly productive place with a lot of pressure and no fun .Management highly corporative to meeting deadlines.It was fun to be able to meet deadline
Pros
Nil
Cons
Nil
Responding to emails from clients. Learned to be patient when communicating with clients. Work hand in hand with management daily. Learning new thing everyday.
Pros
Dynamic Intitution
Cons
Distance
This is a great company to work but no grow possibilities in the near future in the division i am working. A typical day will be doing track and trace, Batsa vehicles that depart back and reporting it on the group to management. Vehicles testing panics and 2 way radios. Creating google sheets for the day open all needed tracking programs. I have learned so much in this company. Management is great they are not on your back. No racism. There is no hardest part it is what you make of your job. Is to motivate the guys you working with. Answering and sending out emails to the necessary people. Arranging Services for BATSA Vehicles.
Pros
Christmas lunch
Cons
No Growing in company
It's a fun and open place to work at. The salary is not bad. I've learned many new skills and new roles. Management is well done. Overall a good company.
I work in a team of 6, excluding the line manager. An awesome bunch, and we all get on fairly well. The only male in the department, but that has not been a major issue. The relationship with management is a cordial one, albeit without daily physical interaction. Accountability and transparency are also very important. The hardest part would be when systems do not function and when there are delays in turn-around time with tasks as a result. Time is of major importance, as we are in vetting and screening for the company. The most enjoyable would be knowing you played a part in the process of having a candidate go from that, to employed in the company.
Pros
When there are functions, expenses have generally not being spared. Although there has been a need, citing the economic climate of late, they still make them enjoyable.
Cons
Some of the cuts that have been made have seemed a bit ridiculous. For instance, strict regulation of coffee/tea times nowadays.
Start Day by doing the bank reconciliation for the SMR regions. Posting of Technical Invoices and Credit Notes. Dealing and maintaining a client base of more than 3000.00 clients in the Coastal Regions. Interacting with clients from all over South Africa and not just in Gauteng.
Start work around 07:30 - 08:00 Accounting skills, management skill Work Culture, Open plan office month end balancing is the hardest day at work customer service
Benefits
Cons
Loved working for this company. Worked from 7 - 3:30. Started as AP clerk then AR clerk and lastly Cashbook clerk. almost everything I know is thanks to G4S. People was the best to work with. Like Family. I enjoyed every part of my job at G4S. Would go back anytime :)
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Na
We sometimes have relaxed days between our payroll periods. There is a time for fun and relaxation and then we know what was expected of us during payroll times. There was a healthy balance between work and play. In our payroll department we are a close knit team and we work together great as a team. The most hardest part is not getting the recognition we deserve or crave for. The most enjoyable part is my co-workers.
Pros
Subsidy for Medical Aid; Pension Fund
Cons
No Bonus or 13th cheque
I can firstly start by saying, I simply love what I do in the Learning and Development space. I think I have a great personality, patience and flare for what I do. Daily tasks include management of the portfolio - L&D for the country. Hardest part is the ongoing change (very frequent) which makes structures, target groups, strategies and goals change regularly. I work with a lovely HR crew, each heading up the specialist portfolios, we work closely together to deliver our goals.
Pros
Close to Management Level and close with the people I work with and influence
Cons
Very uneasy culture across the business
A typical day, would be a busy one. I have learned a lot in my years at this company, from the people still currently working there to the ones that have resigned and moved on. The hardest part of my job is to try and keep everyone happy which is a bit impossible. My managers and co-workers are a crazy bunch where we have a motto, "Work hard and Play hard".
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I never know what problems/ crises the day will bring me, a burst pipe, generator not starting, cleaners want to strike, driver vehicle broken down, MD wants his office painted, never a dull moment. Being a problem solver it's great when the problem is solved to everybody's satisfaction I work independent with little or no guidance needed
Pros
Fuel allowance, mobile phone and laptop
Cons
According to company policy they have to retire my
Great place to work for and management is always willing to go the extra mile for employees. Staff are friendly.
A typical day at work will start with me supervising the staff on branch/vault openings. I will then advise them if they don't work according to the standard operating procedures. After openings, a report is sent to management based on my findings. I learned that you must have patience with other staff members as they are not on the same level and training needs to be adjusted according to their understanding levels. The co-workers had a lot of respect for me and always told me that I help them a lot and I'm always willing to listen to problems that they might have and give advise or assist. The hardest part of the job for me was the stand-by hours. There were times when I worked 24 hours straight without going home etc. The enjoyable part of the job was to learn different people that comes from very different sorts of life. And to learn their culture and just to interact with them.
Pros
Medical aid contribution
Cons
Great company to work for. Global company with opportunities abroad.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Travelling to some african countries not always pleasant
Great company to work for and because it is international, opportunities abroad. Stable employment
Pros
International company
Cons
Constant mergers and management changes
  1. Centurion, Gauteng