G4S
3,4 out of 5 stars.

G4S Employee Reviews in Pretoria, Gauteng

• Enforcing discipline on the security officers which are deployed on the site. • Onsite training of the security officers to make sure they know what is required from them. • Drafting of the Duty Rosters and monthly reports. • Ensuring that all equipments and registers which are on site are up to date and are in good working conditions. • Attending and resolving Client’s complains and attending weekly and monthly meeting with the Client. • Ensuring that patrols are properly conducted. • Planning of security officer’s leave and operational. • Investigate client and employees’ complaints. • Interviewing potential candidates for employment. • Conduct disciplinary hearing.
Pros
free lunch time
Cons
12 hours
g4s is a company where they work 100% with money and the environment is very nice and protected.i enjoyed working for g4s because is a big company that have compasion.
When u working for this company you get more things like they help me to upgrade grade Frm grade c until tactical intervention, compincy, A @B grade they are many things wil get Frm this company
Pros
We take a lunch anytime because we working very hard
Cons
Yes Sametimes we work long hrs when is needed then they pay for those hrz
I work in the national control center for g4s a shift consists of 12 hours ,I work with clients and g4s employees on a daily bases (day shift and night shifts ) . My daily task consist of many skills but with company policy it is convectional to the extents . I have learnt customer service , telephonic ethics, working under intense pressure , computer skills , , switch board skills, cctv skills , managing skills , logging technical calls , incident reports . Our management is on the ball at all times motivating , inspiring respectful to the staff as well as keeping the company standards. Our workplace culture is impeccable working 12 hours a shift for 6 days we are very supportive, respectful, committed ,violent ,involved ,work with pride , very clean environment and the most important part is working in a team as sometimes we have to take risks for the safety of others . The hardest part of my job would be working under presser .. The most enjoyable part of my job is my new family and having challengers
Pros
Pension night, Allowance, Over time
Cons
It's was fun journey for me working with different ppl &learning a lot to gain experience. Hard work it pays at the end & it helps to be patient at all times to achieve ur goals. Respect, Respect ur colleagues & appreciate their guidance
Pros
Free transportation to work
Cons
Long hours & sometimes double shift
Working closely to different cabinet ministers taught me to work under pressure and how to deal with different characters and how to be professional .
Pros
Awards of perfomance
Cons
Pressure
Contact expired while I was still enjoying the presence of Kuwait ambassador Resources are enough for any task management very responsive Payment in hours before the pay date
Pros
own food
Cons
12 hour shift
G4s is a good company to work at i dont regret working at G4s & should i get any opportunity to join G4s i wont mind going back again and become a family again.
Pros
Cons
eight
loved working at G4S,amazing company and lots of benefits,awesome people to work with and a very lenient company,very well established and the hours are not that bad.
benefits
Cons
shifts
balancing and reconcile clients money,counting bulks everyday,it helps me to b focused and handle pressure.kind of a job with lots of opportunities need to stay focused each day .
It's a good working place. Dealing with cash processing. I find it as hard labour. And working abnormal hours. I can't say there is growth as no qualification is considered.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
very long hours
working at G4S is more experienced that you gain as you can do many thing in the company and if you are a fast leaner you could end up knowing everything.
Pros
shop very scarce
Cons
longest hour
Working very long hours dont have time to rest after that there is no apreciation from senior management even just thank you for hard work they rather tell you they can replace you anytime
I work four day four nights,the thing I have learned is respect people control us and work under pressure,community skill.working under hush condition on the sun access cars in the estate.I enjoyed working with people an understand them.
Pros
1hour
Cons
12hours
It is important to improve your qualifications while working because growth is very limited at the company. Daily work was not so challenging because I like working with people. Apart from that I have learned to work patiently with people of low morale, with little resources and under difficult circumstances. The management was at times not very supportive in easing the burden but the job was still done under such circumstances. Taking into account that people are different in general, most of my co-workers were fantastic people to work with. The hardest task is to motivate people with low morale and it was always pleasing to see happy faces every time I interact with people.
counter industrial action (crowd control) voluntary principals on security and human rights, working towards management time and always looking for a challenge in post.
Pros
free food and place to live on
Cons
12 hours
Investigator • Internal charging of members under the Companies and Labour Law Acts • Arresting of suspects • Crime scene investigations • Attending crime scenes • Meetings with clients and other role players • Interviewing of staff members and suspects • Attending court cases on suspects arrested • Observation duties • Recruiting of informers • Handling of informers • Departmental hearings • Risk identification and assessments • Investigating claims for and against the company
just need salary adjustment working for this company is just fine the thing is long years without promotion
Pros
not enogh rest
Cons
hours just fine
there are sometimes worse day at work when we have lot of work and we end up being behind with our work .I have learnt lot of things here, to be patient and strong and to be a hard worker also understanding others in terms of their lifestyle communication values and other aspect of life. also to manage my time my emotions and feelings towards other people and most Impotantly my job.my hardest part of my job is working nightshift during month ends and my enjoyable part is pay day!
I was left to my own discretion and did my work as it come in. I never delayed on email and always kept the clients happy as far as I could. I enjoyed my work very much - the hours was very nice from 08:00 to 16:00
Pros
Pension fund and medical aid
Great company to work for. Admin support not available for sales.
Pros
Company benifits
Cons
Admin support not available for sales as it should be
  1. Pretoria, Gauteng