G4S
3,4 out of 5 stars.

G4S Employee Reviews for Administrator

I work in a team of 6, excluding the line manager. An awesome bunch, and we all get on fairly well. The only male in the department, but that has not been a major issue. The relationship with management is a cordial one, albeit without daily physical interaction. Accountability and transparency are also very important. The hardest part would be when systems do not function and when there are delays in turn-around time with tasks as a result. Time is of major importance, as we are in vetting and screening for the company. The most enjoyable would be knowing you played a part in the process of having a candidate go from that, to employed in the company.
Pros
When there are functions, expenses have generally not being spared. Although there has been a need, citing the economic climate of late, they still make them enjoyable.
Cons
Some of the cuts that have been made have seemed a bit ridiculous. For instance, strict regulation of coffee/tea times nowadays.
A typical work day will be knocking on at 8 and leaving at four, what i learned from this job is that working under pressure almost everyday and that made me more alert and more focused as well. Every one is friendly and ask questions if unsure about anything in the work place. I would say the hardest part of the job is when the pressure gets so much that you would have to put in more hours in completing the job. The most enjoyable part of my job is when i see that all the pressure was hard work gets rewarded.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
A typical day at work will start with me supervising the staff on branch/vault openings. I will then advise them if they don't work according to the standard operating procedures. After openings, a report is sent to management based on my findings. I learned that you must have patience with other staff members as they are not on the same level and training needs to be adjusted according to their understanding levels. The co-workers had a lot of respect for me and always told me that I help them a lot and I'm always willing to listen to problems that they might have and give advise or assist. The hardest part of the job for me was the stand-by hours. There were times when I worked 24 hours straight without going home etc. The enjoyable part of the job was to learn different people that comes from very different sorts of life. And to learn their culture and just to interact with them.
Pros
Medical aid contribution
Cons
Different offices, but the best teamwork I have seen so far. A day at work consists of hard work with deadlines, I have learned to work under pressure and that teamwork is important. my co-workers are a lot of fun, we are like family, but when it is time for work, we do our best, they are all hard workers.
I was left to my own discretion and did my work as it come in. I never delayed on email and always kept the clients happy as far as I could. I enjoyed my work very much - the hours was very nice from 08:00 to 16:00
Pros
Pension fund and medical aid
Positive person, stress ful, Been in the company for the past 14 years, and have learned alot.