G4S
3,4 out of 5 stars.

G4S Employee Reviews for Teller

I have learned how the company actually banks their customers money, how they count the money for different shops and some of the banks like Capitec Bank.
the work load is amazingly too much and management expects you to finish everything timely, shortages of staff,equipment makes everything else to run slower.
There have been to many issues since the start of working at G4S from supervisors to general workers ....no respect for each other and their privacy..
Very stressful job and you are working underpressure the volume of work is high. the work is always behind because they take all clients even nonsense ones with dirty work mixing coins together than you have to start afresh separating these coins one by one even notes they mix them together finding that other cash centres they chase them away they don't want their job G4S will take them allall
what you need to know is that you need to be ready for a full days hard work especially month-end and never estimate knocking off time because you will be very disappointed.
g4s is a company where they work 100% with money and the environment is very nice and protected.i enjoyed working for g4s because is a big company that have compasion.
I've had a really good experience with the company, i mean the work environment, the working hours, management, equipment. When you are new at G4S you get someone who will take you through as to what happens in there, the full training is provided. When you are a hardworker at the company you get noticed and appreacited, hours there are not do demanding unless its during the busy time that is at the end of the month, that is the only time you get to work insane hours. One gets an hour lunch break for the day and you get to choose your day-offs. Theres room for growth there if u showing interest in a higher post you be given a chance to prove yourself.
Pros
End year functions and trips
balancing and reconcile clients money,counting bulks everyday,it helps me to b focused and handle pressure.kind of a job with lots of opportunities need to stay focused each day .
Never lie just be honest its a hard working and friendly place every one works in a team and become close but when they work theres no playing and take a task seriously
Pros
Own lunch time
Cons
U depent what hours u work
At the first it was good working at g4s.but when new branch manager start to work at g4s this change.the want to use me of something that I don't want
Pros
Free launch
Cons
Under pressure
You are given the load you are supposed to do for the day whereby you work 8 hours a day, Management is expecting procedures followed and team assist.
Pros
If u finish before time you leave.
Cons
Long hours are paid for overtime
My typical day at work is month end its hectic at work. What I learn is if I am determination I can do anything. I do have management skill. Good p
Cons
12 Ours
Worked freely only if you do not check a person next to you and especially if you accept were you are then you do your job very well even though sometimes the is gonna be tough times or challenges.
Pros
go out as you want
Cons
underpaid
Is a nice working place with more work, that we make sure it's done on time and making the clients happy all the time. So I hv to take my experience to other companies and show my hard work. I have learnt a lot at G4S so it made me the hard worker I am today.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
1 hour
Counting cash.do deposits and cash processing.doing deposits for ATM'S and do the drops.working under pressure.more hours.working six days a week excluding Sunday
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
12 hours
I'm a hard worker,working with confidence and I love my job and I'm respect i respect other people I also lovery to work as team and charing some ideas
Pros
own lunch
Cons
eight hours a day
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at G4S Welkom. I learnt a lot regarding cash handling, the financial structure of a country as well as security. The team I worked with was amazing and lots of fun. I left G4S to relocate to Cape Town, but refused a transfer as I was looking to explore more.
Pros
Great people, Great experience
Cons
Long hours, low income
I am a hard working loyal working lady, i get along with my colleagues and stay focus to my job position especially when working with other peoples monies to ensure correct amounts are being processed. I am a fast learner and enjoy working on computers always willing to learn more if possible. At previous job hardest part of day was in month end to reach daily deadlines for cash processing in time.
Pros
luch tea breaks and meeting ceos etc
Cons
long hours always need to work overtime
Verification of customer deposits Counting of cash Daily balancing Bulk of cash Clearance to treasury Preparing and pack payroll/floats and help with clients queries
Don't enjoy working night shift and long straining hours. Only off days after two weeks of work where as you work night shift leave work the Saturday morning and have to be at work on Monday morning
Pros
long working hours no overtime
Cons
standing most of the time working
Very productive from 7am - 4pm.Recieving and counting of cash. I have learned the new deposita system which is great. The staff and manager are the best people ever, however the salary is not market related.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low salary