GE Aviation

GE Aviation Employee Reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Showing all 1 153 reviews

Great friendly atmosphere

Daily custodial duties such as keeping hallways, rooms and bathrooms cleaned. Got along very well with my peers. Enjoyed the friendly people and developed many friendly relationships. Hours were the hardest part of the job being afternoon shift hours.

Pros

Work at own pace

Cons

Evening hours

Great work life balance and management

Working here has been tremendous for my personal growth as a young engineer. The management team has improved greatly since i have worked here. My last couple managers were very understanding of any circumstances out of my hands such as injuries, deaths of family/ friends, etc. The work life balance is very good. We are offered permissive leave and i have not been denied to take a day off since I've been here, with the expectation that I keep my work on track.

Decent Pay, awesome time-off and maternity leave, not stable

The pay is ok, and time off and maternity leave are amazing. However, it’s rarely a stable place as far as layoffs go. Management is pretty hit or miss.

First impressions

I've only been with the company for two months, and so far everything is fine. My teammates are mostly helpful and respectful, but as a remote employee, it is easy to be forgotten. The benefits are middle-of-the-road, and the pay is generally good if you understand the pay structure going in. Work assignments are few for now as I'm still getting acclimated. GE is a huge company and they have tons of policies and procedures. Their product lines are very diverse, and so there is no shortage of opportunities to pursue. Workforce development is a priority, and I have already benefitted from this philosophy. GE paid for one of my certification exams. Very happy so far. We shall see if the trend continues.

Productive and meaningful work

This is a place where one can make a difference. The relationship between management and the union is much better than at other facilities I am familiar with.

bonus program is nice, the pay sucks, and management is worse

come in and attend start up meeting, detailing what operation you'll be running for the day. learned to operate a number of different manufacturing machines, CNC Grind machine, EDM, oil and water, Different types of measuring devices.Management has no idea how to manage people, and they keep supervisors in place even after being told by associates under them, that they are all unhappy with the treatment they receive from the supervisor. the culture is,, humm,, Not good,, unhappy to come to work. hardest part of the job is to get merit raises, completive with the rest of the market,, under paid.

Good workplace

Collaborative colleagues . Good workplace culture, salary are competitive with market rate .

Buena empresa en cuanto a prestaciones y sueldo

Entre como intern a la empresa , admito que ofrece un sueldo arriba del promedio y buenas prestaciones, sin embargo muchos de los colaboradores y managers de esa empresa son bien alzados, no practican los tantos valores que dicen practicar como empresa y al final en vez de darte la oportunidad de seguir creciendo como recién egresado dentro de la empresa te botan argumentando que te falta experiencia

Fun to work at, not bad pay or benefits

Generally a fun place to work at. Lots of ability to move up in the company if you put the work in. Sometimes management doesn't bode so well, but you usually can get past that. Pay and benefits are alright.

Going down the tubes

I have worked here for 12 years, it’s gone downhill drastically in that time, the managing director is completely out of his depth, has no industry experience, and morale is at an all time low. Too many managers with too little knowledge, with no respect or consideration for the workforce. I can’t wait to leave…

Used to be a great place to work, now, eh

Soon we'll be only a jet engine company. I'd have concerns about how well the business will fare with business cycles. The workplace is good, co-workers good. Long term?

Good pay

Good pay for job levels but benefits are lacking and total management disconnect from how to manage work flow. Old worn out machines that break down daily and cannot be properly repaired.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Poor management, not organized

Poor culture

The company has a toxic culture where the employees lack respect for one another along with the interns. It’s extremely unorganized and it’s difficult to make any real change occur

A great company

It a great company to work. All the engineers are friendly. Great work culture and learning culture. Peoleare so helpful and able learn more knowledge.

Standard corporation

Driven to usual targets, although data reporting grew and grew to be a significant portion of the role, rather than actually working on actions. People are great, but the company seems too large to be able to make real connections

Team spirit & great colleagues

The whole site was supportive and colleagues were always ready to lend a hand. Supervisors were firm but fair and always got an answer to any question they didn't have an immediate solution to.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Some work end of life cycle so hard to get spares

LEAN haven

Only join if you're extremely passionate about lean/kaizen. Understaffed and overwork. Not worth the pay. Management is really demanding and expects wonders from their low paid subordinates. Competitive pay, market leader in workload.

No fun

I worked there for Adecco temp agency for 3 years laid off twice when they got slow then came back to work again. Every time they told me they were bringing on full-time hire but it is just a lie to get you to keep you working there as soon as things got slow they laid me off. The management there is terrible they don't care about there workers. The workers that work there are good people I loved working with them and loved my job there.

Pros

Cons

Two 15 minute brakes

Managers we’re out of their education

Most low managers and all of HR should find another career They work with blinders on and have a chip in their shoulder. God forbid you have more experience and show them a better way Then you become enemy number one

Pros

Cafeteria on site

Cons

Wish I had some to say but there aren’t any

Meaningful work with smart & collaborative people

I have worked for many companies where the culture was so competitive and matrixed that it was difficult to get any work done. At GE Aviation, not only are we doing really interesting work, but I am working with really smart people who want to work WITH you and not AGAINST you in order to get work done.

good place

poor management, poor communication, lack of training, 12 hour shifts start on nights will never get to days 5pm to 5 am shift, hard to adjust sleep schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 153 reviews