GE Corporate

GE Corporate Employee Reviews

On a global level, the exposure was excellent and the culture is fantastic though fast paced. Learnt a great deal on a customs level internationally and the special programs and requirements/regulations of customs and their respective bodies.
Pros
Global exposure
Cons
Not much help from existing workers
Good company to work for, however, stressful. Reporting rather difficult as the hierarchical structure rather complex (reporting to numerous persons as well as overseas taking the time differences into consideration)
Pros
Good benefits
I worked independently without supervision. It was very relaxed working for this company exposed to overseas employees I worked my way from accounts payable to
Pros
Excellent atmosphere
Cons
I was an software developer internship at the digital academy where we were busy working in an inhouse Software project for general electric GE where we use reactjs as our primary programming language
GE Management in SA were not inclusive and were not aligned with the International company GE is. There was not much coaching and information dissemination
Pros
Free goodies
Cons
GE is the best company with great opportunities for growth and great environment for professionals to be productive, I enjoyed every moment working at GE
It was a challenging and hard work but also good experience , people are in a good state of work and the management does not favor anyone. Work is enjoyable when u love your work
good working experience. i wish to be called for another position soon. GE is a diverse compony. They interect smoothly with the rest of the team. The work experience is cristal and it can be used for future reference.
Pros
lunches
Cons
The most enjoyable part of the job was the way how employees communicated and they were so helpful to customers as well. I have learned how to handle suppliers' complaints and requests. A typical day at work would be suppliers not responding to your request immediately and I will have to do follow-ups now and then.
I was supposed to be getting to get exposure within the chemistry job but I have not received it to my satisfaction, I got out of the job the le same way. For more than a year we literally did nothing, we will go to work and wait for knock out time. They did not give us the training they promised to give us.
Best company I have ever worked for I wish ithad other job opportunities I will never hesitate to apply.it has a good salary rate,good and kind people and the best working conditions ever.
Needs to understand shift work better as it appears not much thought is given to it, what it involves and what its requirements are and overtime issues.
Amazing organisational culture, supportive management, good employee skills development through study assistance, and excellent work-life balance with flexibility to work from home when the need arises.
Great company to work for with a clear managent path. Gave a international environment to work in Supply a good working culture with first world systems and reviews
GE is a company which gives many opportunities to grown and learn. I have learnt many things during my time at GE, including how a corporate company works and having to work with people from multiple cultures and countries.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Long hours during quarter close
There is a lot of recruitment activities and work to get through on each day including the attendance of client meetings and regular report writing. I learnt about the transportation and healthcare industries and how to work with people from varying backgrounds and walks of life. The hardest part of the job was being able to consistently meet deadlines due to the very overwhelming work load that needed to be completed on a regular basis. The most enjoyable part was the continuous learning that one always got exposed to in working with so many diverse industries.
Pros
Staff are remunerated well
Cons
Working overtime or after hours to ensure that you are up to date with your work
Ample opportunity to learn and develop cross departments, the leaders take great care to develop their teams often encouraging individuals to reach their full potential.
When I get to work in the morning I check my mails and prioritize work according to due dates then I go to site for inspections and verifications. I then come back to the office to close the and sign off punch items lists. I have learnt a lot more on team management and work scheduling with the help from management. We work as a team we compete as one, we strive for customers satisfaction. The hardest part of my job would be contractors that I had to run after to do their job which delays your job. What I enjoy most about the position is that it gives the opportunity to practice how to manage a number of people.
Pros
Birthday celebrations
Cons
Working more than 8 hours
A good place to work for. The company fully supports learning and development of employees. Proffessional management team. Diverse work culture. The most enjoyable part of the job is flexible office hours and options to work from home.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Pressure
GE has equipped me with world skills that makes me competent. working with world expects and provided me with training. I was the part of the very first FGD plant in Africa build by GE
Being in the forefront of reintroducing GE into the market place after sanctions in South Africa was privilege. The opportunity afforded all employees to upgrade their skill sets was a plus.