GATEWAY SERVICES
3,6 out of 5 stars.

GATEWAY SERVICES Employee Reviews

3,5Work-Life Balance

Good company to work for

I wanted to make a difference in this position but was struggling financially so I moved to part-time after finding a full-time job so I could continue job coaching my participant. Was transferred to a participant for CLS services but found no time for full-time job, part-time job and personal life so resigned. Felt sad because I felt bad for the participants I was working with. They have to go through so many changes. It's not fair to them but Gateway is doing the best they can.

Pros

Flexibility in schedule

Cons

Pay for mileage as well as regular pay plus Covid sucks right now.

Good at first, then someone got a promotion

It was a very interesting position at first but then someone toxic was promoted then it went down hill. This person owned a advertising business and did not pay for my work. Trainer worked for competition and we used their training materials which was helpful.Too bad upper management did not intervene for the constructive dismissal.

Pros

Learned a new craft and got to work somewhat independently.

Cons

Toxic middle management

Do not apply here!

Horrible place to work. A good amount of Dsp’s treat the individuals very poorly. Management is horrible! They can care less about you as an employee. The people (mostly women) who work in the houses are disgusting and are drama. If you are looking to put a family member in a CILA home I would think very wisely if you are considering Gateway.

Pros

Absolutely Nothing

Friendly work place

I have been with the company for 8 months and I would say that this is very close to my dream job. I am doing what I like to do in an environment were I feel I am supported. The management team is very friendly and easy to get along with.

No place for advancement

Supervisor always right. No one cares about your family needs only that you show up for work. Stuck taking care of 8 individuals for 10-12 hours on your own of a emergency no one comes to help

Too Many Chiefs, not enough Indians. ( Too many bosses)

Also when management people in bad mood or having a bad day.....watch out. Not friendly they don't say hi most of the time, seem like they can't be bothered.No hellos at holiday lunches/dinners.

Great managment, and plenty of hours

This was a great company to work for. I loved being on the road. Hours can be long. And there's alot of heavy lifting. Definetly not a job for just about anyone. Driving in inclement weather can be tricky, and working in shop during summer can be really warm. Managment and higher ups are great! I had alot of attendance issues due to a divorce and ex wife's mental health and they worked with me as much as they could, always trying to help.

Pros

Great managment and co workers, plenty of hours, company vehicle

Cons

Base pay should be higher for the job, yearly raises are small, heavy lifting regularly, lifting 100lbs+ from bottoms of freezers.

Rewarding environment

Small agency makes it easy to get to know the individuals in a extremely relaxed environment. It's very rewarding to know you are making a difference in people's lives. We are encouraged to work as a team. Staff is a lot of fun .

Stressful, unreasonable expectations of entry level employees

There is a culture of upper management being incapable of wrong doing and supervisors micro managing staff. The turn over is quite high and the positions can create a lot of stress for the employee as well as being underpaid.

Not that great

I went in thinking that they would offer a flexible schedule in a location close to home and that I had the option to say no to an assignment if it did not suit me. Does was not the case. I was reprimanded for not wanting to take a certain case because it was too far from where I needed to be close to, so I was forced to take the case or lose my job.

Pros

You get to work on your own

Cons

Not the greatest pay, they don't really value their employees, not as flexible as they claim to be

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GATEWAY SERVICES?

Corporate setting. Often, very emotionally hard. Tough Regional MANAGER. Great location and a great team to work with. Very hot working environment.

No base salary only commission & patience is needed to close deal or investment.

No base salary, only commission, patience needed, must be a good closer to close deal or investment.

Productive and relax place to work.

Gateway service is a place where you can express your need and help. Workers have the ability to give advice to the office workers in order to improve the workplace.

Job Coach

Gateway is a good company to work for. It is a company that gives back. You typical work with the mental and physical disabled. But because it's state funded the pay is so low, for all the duties/task your responsible for...

Hard work in adverse weather conditions

Interacted management and greeted customers. Instructed passengers on the proper use of the self-service kiosk. Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the kiosk machines. Lifted 50 to 100 lbs in adverse weather.

Pros

Flex hours

Cons

No job security or advancement w no 401K

Great Place

Dedicated people to the community in Johnson county. Very involved in helping people schedule bus rides to Dr. appointments or where ever they want to go.

Pros

Flexible with time off

Cons

No benefits

Nice part time job and flexible hours.

Flexible hours and management that is willing to work with your situation. Always more hourly availability and help from management is readily available. Competitive pay but non-competitive mileage rate for employee and client transportation. Ability to work at your own pace and make your own hours is extremely helpful to work around personal responsibilities and potential furthering education endeavors.

Excellent workplace, especially for the youth.

It was great working at Gateway Services. It was very challenging, but fun. I was managing a workforce of a little over 100 people, who were dedicated to their job. Job satisfaction was great.

Pros

Great Incentives

Cons

Healthcare

Loyal friendly working environment

As much or as little work as you like very supportive in your personal life and never had a problem with money . Large variation of work and professional attitude towards employee and contracts.

Pros

Family orientated business well looked after

Cons

No full time contracts to be able to solely work for them.

Striving for excellence to help our clients continue their lives

Gateway prepared me to tackle the world and my own life by teaching me valuable lessons through on the job training. I got to work through complex issues and come to creative solutions.

Overworked and Underpaid

The day to day work at Gateway does change lives in a tremendous way, and it a sad that the client's suffer due to the poor management choices that cause good workers to leave. I love the impact that I make on my clients and improving their lives. However, I do not appreciate the lack of appreciation shown by the company, the lack of pay, and the required but unspoken request that I must do more work than I am paid for. To further explain I am not allowed to work overtime and must adjust my paycheck to say I did not work overtime when I did in fact work several hours over 40 and am not compensated for it. Overall, as a current worker I am frustrated by the company's shortfalls because it causes me to want to leave, and I have to live with the fact that my client's will be the ones who ultimately suffer simply because of Gateway's shortcomings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GATEWAY SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,2 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,0 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,1 out of 5 stars for Management
3,5 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • GATEWAY SERVICES
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?