Gauteng Department of Education

Gauteng Department of Education Employee Reviews

South Africa263 reviews

It was educating, entertaining, peaceful and increase your joy

It was helpful working under the Gauteng department of education,we were taught many things in a short period of time and that's what I liked more from the department and its workers

Pros

Your own lunch and transport

Cons

Normal 9 hours a day

productive

Being a contact center agent at Gauteng Department of Education helped me understand more about the UBUNTU principle, how to handle the clients. The most enjoyable part of the job was solving the problems when parents couldn't get into their profile.

Pros

Compliments

Cons

Load shedding

Stressful working environment

It's a stressful environment to work in, because there is no proper structure within the organisation. There is no room for growth unless you are politically connected. Working hard and being dedicated is not appreciated or recognised.

Pros

Cons

No growth

It was very good and I enjoyed every moment at work

It was worth it I loved my job to the fullest and I wish to work for Gauteng department of education again it helped me grow my experience and I feel the need to work for Gauteng department of education

Pros

Had enough lunch time and treated fairly

Cons

I worked reasonable hours

challenging

Working has been part of human history since creation. The earliest forms of work involved food production on farms as people depended on it for survival in a largely subsistence economy. For successful farming to be accomplished, the people organized themselves into small family farms or villages.This may be pointed as the first ever organized working environment albeit primitive in structure. Nevertheless, the society also had specialists in different fields such as craftsmen and artisans who traded their wares for food with the farmers. At the beginning of the 19th century, industrialization registered a rapid growth. Most people migrated to urban centers and worked in factories.

Pros

conducive environment

Fantastic, clean and neat

I would like to be part of them indeed, we learn so much in that company, not only hand work but also how to respect each other, and also the work, not forgetting time management. And the dressing code is also important. Working longer hours. It helps to become stronger, and you can learn how decipline yourself.

Pros

Free work shops

Cons

Working over time

Stressful and underpaid

Teachers in South Africa work under a lot of pressure. Time constraints, pressure from the GDE, pressure from the parents and we can't discipline learners now we have to work with ill disciplined kids. We are under paid. Teachers cannot afford luxuries. We live from hand to mouth.

Pros

Security

Cons

Insufficient salary

Business units functions in isolations

I discovered even when you have good employees and systems but management who is not good it's impossible to achieve anything. Working here isn't good.

Pros

The working envoronment is not challenging at all.

Cons

Employees does one task every day, weeks and months.

No room for Growth if you an Intern

There is no room for growth, employment can be secured if there is someone who is politically connected to your or admire you personally, How its a great work environment to improve and sharpen your reasoning capacity and cognitive abilities, the nature of work is systemic and collaborative, there is room for capacity building and employee improvement to maximize output and delivering a quality output.

Pros

Capacity building and room for improvement to learn new skills

Cons

No room for growth and job security if you not politically connected

The GDE aims to provide a holistic approach to each learner and to give learners education of a high standard.

A Holistic approach means all stake-holders at a particular school aim to provide each learner with the best all-round education in order to develop each learner’s full potential. During the time I was with the GDE we committed al of our resources to give equal opportunities to all our learners to be educated to the highest possible standard of each learner’s ability.

Pros

Security, salary, benefits, holidays.

Cons

Resources, overcrowding.

Very Good compare to Limpopo were I started. I have learned a lot in Gauteng and developed into a better and knowledgeable person.

Gauteng is much better than Limpopo not doubt. Not only about availability of resources but training of workers and leadership skills are better. U become a better and knowledgeable worker by working in Gauteng.

Pros

Skills development and trainings

Cons

Culture of teaching and learning is not adhered to by some educators and learners.

Work culture and team work needs a lot of improvement. Management style was too Autocratic.... It needs to be loosened up... There was no proper direc

Work culture and team work needs a lot of improvement. Management style was too Autocratic.... It needs to be loosened up... There w as no proper direction that leads towards attainment of organizations strategic objectives. This was dud to lack of proper planning. Lines of communication were also not clear,

Productive,stressful,working under pressure and competitive

Working for GDE,is strictly a life long commitment if you have a passion of teaching and learning,eager to be developed and further studies not to be rich.

Very productive and fulfilling working environment

I have learned a lot about being a public servant , the importance of customer service and putting public interest ahead. Working in a team environment is about team achievement than indivifual goals

good work environment and poor managing

its very good place to work since its a science center where we engage learners on science activities and workshop but management doesn't promote innovations and value the employees.

This job need energetic and focused person

Being a quality assurance / examination assistant is very important to the world. Because you hold the responsibility of someone's future. You must be extra carefull when doing your job .

Fun work place

It is a good company n most of all the environment was so good n people were so friendly they make feel welcome n feel at home. If im given a second chance to go back ill defenetly take it.

Working at the Department of Education is really fun and challenging the environment allows you to show your capabilities to work.

The working environment at the Department of Education is fun, friendly and challenging, there's so much to learn as the technology changes or improves at the IT department.

Challenging and informative

When i first arrived i was working at the reception and receiving incoming and outgoing documents, registering them on the database, tracking documents, routing documents and responsible for the tracking grid at the Directors office. I then moved to the Head Office where they deal with office based issues that included the advertisements, response handling where they deal with applications. Recruitment processes where we prepared registers when there were advertised posts, received applications, sort them according to references, capture them , seal them, appointments, office based transfers. i then moved to the other region which was the Tswaga Region where we processed teachers transfers, principal files, re reinstatement and re appointments and other teachers related issues.

Productive and and excellent

Assisting client. I learned enough about batho pele principle. Relationship is well and the work place has good competitive environment. There's no difficulties or hardest part because all the job must have those kind of stuff just want us to be in clear positive mind. To enter at the job place with smile to make your day to be very well.

My daily work at gauteng department of Education was super perfect, i liked it when i have to go to schools to for workshop.

My hardest time was when I have to go to the school and ask them to submit their proof of payment as i have to submit my report on time. Working for gauteng department of Education was the best as it was my first time in the working environment. And they taught me lot of things from being at school and at work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gauteng Department of Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Gauteng Department of Education
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?