Gauteng Department of Education

South Africa268 reviews

Clear
3,6Work-Life Balance
3,6Culture

Fun work workplace and diverse

It was great working with people I know and in a friendly environment. The teacher were helpful and encouraging us to study teacheing which I will next year

Very Good compare to Limpopo were I started. I have learned a lot in Gauteng and developed into a better and knowledgeable person.

Gauteng is much better than Limpopo not doubt. Not only about availability of resources but training of workers and leadership skills are better. U become a better and knowledgeable worker by working in Gauteng.

Pros

Skills development and trainings

Cons

Culture of teaching and learning is not adhered to by some educators and learners.

Work culture and team work needs a lot of improvement. Management style was too Autocratic.... It needs to be loosened up... There was no proper direc

Work culture and team work needs a lot of improvement. Management style was too Autocratic.... It needs to be loosened up... There w as no proper direction that leads towards attainment of organizations strategic objectives. This was dud to lack of proper planning. Lines of communication were also not clear,

Very productive and fulfilling working environment

I have learned a lot about being a public servant , the importance of customer service and putting public interest ahead. Working in a team environment is about team achievement than indivifual goals

Productive and and excellent

Assisting client. I learned enough about batho pele principle. Relationship is well and the work place has good competitive environment. There's no difficulties or hardest part because all the job must have those kind of stuff just want us to be in clear positive mind. To enter at the job place with smile to make your day to be very well.

good environment

the only problem was working under contract for 5 years,the hardest part was working at veeriniging from Pretoria otherwise everything was cool especially when we were empowered with short courses

Fun working environment

Low productivity levels was experienced from co- workers. Workplace culture not very productive. Overspending of budgets and a lack of control over expenditures. Lack of responsibility and accountability by Managers and Supervisors are the order of the day. There is also a lack of sustainability in the work processes and policies.

Fun workplace that is open for more learning

days are bot the same, sometimes busy but sometimes quiet. I have learnt working in groups and independently. Work ethics and different personalities of people.

Stimulating and exciting

Culture of work is studious and industrious. Each person works independently as a team member. Interaction with other directorates and their line functions are exhilarating. Hardest part of the job is getting to meet personnel that are field workers and setting an appointment as their work is client driven. Management is supportive and encouraging.

Team Work

I like working in teams because together we make more. Team work gets the work done in a short period of time because we are combing our best skills and produce the best results

productive and fun environment

I learned how to work with people who come from very different environments and backgrounds but we managed to get the job done to give matriculants fair results.

Pros

great compensation for overtime

great place to work

This is a great place to work. Great people. I especially enjoyed interacting and assisting educators in the many different areas in my scope. i gave and recieved alot of support in my role

Fast-paced Environmet

One thing I love about this company is that is a fast-paced environment, where I gained skills in accuracy and being a team-player. The hard part is to be expected to deliver quality results while given short time. The most exciting part of the job is to work as a team in order to make sure that a job is done well.

Pros

Holidays celebrations

Cons

After hours

productive

Gauteng Department of Education is a fun and productive working place also a career oriantated environment for people who are goal driven who like contributing in a community

Pros

staff trainings

Cons

Looking for a challenging work environment

High work ethic, completely loyal to my employer,looking for a new challenge. I have great knowledge of the CAPS curriculum and goes the extra mile when it comes to extra mural acticities A great team player!

I have learn how to with a team and how to manage conflict management within the team.Also to liaise with senior management regarding my daily responsibilities.

Pros

Own lunch

Cons

Flexi hours

Working for the company is a great opportunity for me as it taught me a lot on how to make a good relationship with the clients and working well in a team. The hardest part of the job is workload where deadline has to be met but I was able to overcome that and made a productive day. Enjoyable part of the job is when everything that is required of me to complete has been done and celebrating with my colleagues after a proactive day.

Pros

Working in a team

Cons

Extended hours

Good place

Good environment, nice people, opportunity to grow and advance is there. The management is approachable and helpful and always willing to mentor and give advice

Productive and self fullfilling

Conduct desktop, empirical and analytic research. I learned to analyse trends. The job culture is team work. The hardest of the job is to produce research reports within the short space of time. The most enjoyable is to see the recommendations being implemented.

Pros

intern assistance

respectable and healthy workplace

A typical day at work includes a lot of meetings and a lot of submissions to be delivered,i Learned a lot about what goes into being an Admin Clerk and a call center agent,The managers treat me with respect and appreciate my work,the culture is well appreciated and upheld,It is difficult when you have to deliver submissions to different building and there is a small number of people around the office,I enjoy that me and my co-workers have a very healthy and respecting relationship.

Pros

Term end lunches

Cons

A lot of meetings ending in the late hour

Communicating well with the superiors.

It's 8am to 5pm job from Monday to Friday. I learned how to speak to clients and how you to interact with different cultures. We often have various activities during the day nice mentoring and encouragement in the workplace. Because we have a great and professional team, we all contribute to and strive for success with our various activities. The hardest part of my job is the fact of numeration of clients during all the day, the hard work and extra mile that I go, in accordance with another worker with less impact.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gauteng Department of Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,6 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance