Gauteng Department of Education

South Africa268 reviews

Clear
3,6Work-Life Balance
3,0Pay & Benefits

Work life balance but not productive

The working hours allows for a work life balance but the environment is not productive at all. There isn't any challenges that stretches one to grow.

Stressful working environment

It's a stressful environment to work in, because there is no proper structure within the organisation. There is no room for growth unless you are politically connected. Working hard and being dedicated is not appreciated or recognised.

Pros

Cons

No growth

challenging

Working has been part of human history since creation. The earliest forms of work involved food production on farms as people depended on it for survival in a largely subsistence economy. For successful farming to be accomplished, the people organized themselves into small family farms or villages.This may be pointed as the first ever organized working environment albeit primitive in structure. Nevertheless, the society also had specialists in different fields such as craftsmen and artisans who traded their wares for food with the farmers. At the beginning of the 19th century, industrialization registered a rapid growth. Most people migrated to urban centers and worked in factories.

Pros

conducive environment

Fantastic, clean and neat

I would like to be part of them indeed, we learn so much in that company, not only hand work but also how to respect each other, and also the work, not forgetting time management. And the dressing code is also important. Working longer hours. It helps to become stronger, and you can learn how decipline yourself.

Pros

Free work shops

Cons

Working over time

No room for Growth if you an Intern

There is no room for growth, employment can be secured if there is someone who is politically connected to your or admire you personally, How its a great work environment to improve and sharpen your reasoning capacity and cognitive abilities, the nature of work is systemic and collaborative, there is room for capacity building and employee improvement to maximize output and delivering a quality output.

Pros

Capacity building and room for improvement to learn new skills

Cons

No room for growth and job security if you not politically connected

Fun work place

It is a good company n most of all the environment was so good n people were so friendly they make feel welcome n feel at home. If im given a second chance to go back ill defenetly take it.

Working at the Department of Education is really fun and challenging the environment allows you to show your capabilities to work.

The working environment at the Department of Education is fun, friendly and challenging, there's so much to learn as the technology changes or improves at the IT department.

Productive and and excellent

Assisting client. I learned enough about batho pele principle. Relationship is well and the work place has good competitive environment. There's no difficulties or hardest part because all the job must have those kind of stuff just want us to be in clear positive mind. To enter at the job place with smile to make your day to be very well.

exploiting teacher and overworking them for free

it is painful to work hard with a degree or more but be paid less than a person who is working for municipality with only Grade 10 or a municipality clerk

Fun workplace that is open for more learning

days are bot the same, sometimes busy but sometimes quiet. I have learnt working in groups and independently. Work ethics and different personalities of people.

I usually start my work at 7:30 am, collaboratively plan my day , and make sure that the most urgent work get done first. The most interesting part of this job is that there is no ‘typical’ day. One day I would be busy scheduling meetings and the other day I would be supervising my employees. Maybe the next day I would be busy making presentations for the higher ups, or tutoring the trainees on how to speak efficiently in front of a crowd. If the job is unpredictable and calls for efficiency, I try my best to reach that level

Pros

weekend off

Cons

Structure

Productive and Fun workplace

I may work overtime arcoding to contract, also propose to work in any form of teamwork and always ready to challenge any work ethics plus work in any form of working environment etc.

Pros

Free lunches

Learn alot

this place will allow you to grow as a teacher, for whatever subject you will be teaching. in my opinion , i find it very important for all teacher to do matric marking. this opportunity allows you to know what to improve on when teaching your learners .

Pros

paid well and learn alot

productive and fun environment

I learned how to work with people who come from very different environments and backgrounds but we managed to get the job done to give matriculants fair results.

Pros

great compensation for overtime

Intern and it was fun

. Everyday was a new at work. .You learn new thing everyday according the role you're doing. .Management was good. .IT Technician .When systems are not working. .When we go out to sports.

Fun & productive place

I was actually volunteering it was a nice experience because it was the first time in a working environment, the staff was friendly and very supportive... As I was volunteering i didn't receive any salary but one of the coordinators would work with me & pay me from her own pocket

Pros

free access to appliances

Productive,Experimental and Fun

1.being exposed to new challenges everyday 2.i learned to log and attend to calls using company SLA 3.My management is fun to be with very effective in giving me experience 4.waiting for users to log calls and attend to it 5.The lack of resources expand the solution time we have 6.Everyday i attend a different problem and find new solutions everyday

Pros

Free internet Access

Cons

normal hours

productive

Gauteng Department of Education is a fun and productive working place also a career oriantated environment for people who are goal driven who like contributing in a community

Pros

staff trainings

Cons

very productive and a very working environment

A very good day at work as i learn so much like on how to receive process, capture clients details, emails, file some documents, etc. The management is so good as there's communication and team work. So far i cant think of any hard part of the job and most enjoyable is the people are so friendly you really feel like you at home and makes things easy for one to work.

Pros

when there's no work we leave early

Cons

The environment is productive and it allows for growth in different sections. There is enough material to work with. The addition of smart boards have improved the effectiveness of teaching

Pros

Security of the job

Cons

Salary takes a while to be paid out

friendly workplace

I start work at 7:30 until 4:00 from Monday to Friday excluding holidays I have learnt how to deal with clients since I am working at termination section

Pros

stable working hours

Cons

not knowing if you will be absorb after internship

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gauteng Department of Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,6 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance