GetSmarter

GetSmarter Employee Reviews

A really good environment to learn. Unique company culture, but really fun.A well structured, inclusive environment with open-minded management.Good experience
Cons
I just love to work at get smarter because of the diversity and the way the manage problems ,I love my job as a barista and this is the enjoyable part making coffee and getting a compliment ,i have learned to respect and to manage your time
GetSmarter is a very stimulating workplace. There is always a lot of excitement and activity occuring as it is a company full of highly motivated employees. Work-life balance can sometimes be difficult to achieve because of the high intensity of the work-demand and environment. Everyday presents an opportunity to learn more and the benefit of up-skilling yourself is always available and encouraged. The best part about the company is that there are a lot of professionals who are very good mentors that can contribute immensely to your professional development. The CEO and Executive team take a genuine interest in the care and development of the staff and shows a very high degree of consideration towards staff's well-being.
Pros
Exceptional Mentorship, Complimentary studying opportunities, Great environment for professional development
Cons
Work-life balance, Highly demanding work environment
Very exciting place to work with a solid and fun culture where you can learn a lot. Vertical growth opportunities are however very limited and many employees move on to larger roles with other companies.
Pros
Career development, great company culture
Cons
Limited growth
Even though it's a big company, you're treated like an individual through line managers who takes your interests at hand. Some departments feel the pressure more than other, specifically those that fall in the production sectors, as deadlines are tight and you often find yourself analysing the day's tasks at hand and having to choose between what's important and what's urgent. Company culture is great, and the benefits are catered to your health and wellbeing such as subsidised medical aid; free gym; fresh fruit everyday; free short courses etc.
Pros
Medical aid subsidiary and personalised support
Cons
Pressure to complete tasks
There are few other companies that I'm aware of that have as much career opportunities than GetSmarter. GetSmarter offers the energy and innovation of a startup but the security of an established business. Opportunity is yours to take if you're willing to work smart, not just hard. Work/life balance/integration can be difficult in a high-performance culture, so it's important to establish boundaries for yourself. Talent spends a good amount of effort on developing and nurturing leadership skills for the management team and the greater team. Some of the brightest minds work at GetSmarter, this might be one of the most exciting things - to have access to a range of really intelligent people who can teach you in different ways.
Pros
Access to a gym, in-house yoga and pilates classes, the most amazing barista, great company culture.
Cons
Work/life balance can difficult at times.
Still a young company so some job roles aren't fully defined. It provides an environment full of opportunity for the taking. It is high stress as there is a lot of change occurring but its very exciting at the same time and you never get bored.
Pros
Open plan office environment
Cons
High Stress
GetSmarter provides an environment that enables it's employees to grow. It has created a space that takes care of it's employees physical and mental well being - the in-house gym, canteen with healthy subsidised meals, shower facilities and great leave policies are all focus around making sure we have what we need to do our best work. The CEO is inspiring and really cares about the company - although there are over 300 employees now he will always make the effort to engage with people regardless of the situation. The culture is one where every team is constantly striving to be better and go above and beyond. It's a special company. The work is different every single day - as a startup that very quickly accelerated into a corporate there is constant change and that can be tough if you're not adaptable. However it can also be incredibly exciting and challenging! The work is never boring and because we keep all creative, marketing and content in-house we all work together to achieve outcomes.
Pros
Canteen, gym, culture - great team work ethic
Cons
You need to be very flexible and adaptable to manage all the change
The company has a great culture. The work is demanding but rewarding. Company dynamics are always changing which allows for continuous growth and transformation of oneself.
Pros
The culture
Working at GetSmarter is awesome! There are loads of opportunity to get out of your comfort zone and stretch your thinking. GetSmarter enhances professional as well as personal growth.
Pros
I am well looked after.
Cons
Balancing personal and professional aspects of life.
GetSmarter is a challenging environment and I have learnt so much and grown as much as I could within the time I was there.
Setting your priorities for the day. Contacting clients from the day before for feedback and updates. What I learnt was time management is important. Very good team I worked with. Learning something new from my colleagues and sharing ideas. Hardest part of the job is to reach targets. I enjoyed the friendship and the occasions like dressing up and playing games. Very relaxed environment accommodating to all its employees different needs. Management was professional, transparent and very easy to approach with ideas.
Pros
free gym at any time
Cons
targets
I always had to work hard as there wasn't basic salary was commission I had to know what I want I was target driven coz I know in this order for me to earn I had to close as many deals as I can
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
normal
GetSmarter has a great culture and comfortable working environment. It was an excellent stepping stone for my career. The department I was in was amazing. My manager was honestly the best person.
Pros
Daily coffee from barista. Great manager.
Cons
No benefits
I worked mainly from home as the course I was marking is an online course. The organisation facilitated the communication between the markers and the course convenors very well and this made work very easy to do without meeting physically. There was weekly feedback of my work which was good and excellent effort made to ensure the student received adequate teaching and attention since it was all online. The convenience was the best part of the job and I also learnt alot by marking assignments and hearing various ideas from the students. It would have been nice to actually meet more often with co-workers though.
Pros
flexibility of hours
Cons
short-term employment