Gibb

Gibb Employee Reviews

South Africa17 reviews

3,8Work-Life Balance

Great workplace

Good company to work for in terms of experience and knowledge of how the industry works and good deliverance on the needs of the client projects and requirements

Cons

I have enjoyed the work at Gibb but not the salary

I have gained a lot of experience at GIBB and I am well trained when it comes to road construction. I can work on any job when it comes to road construction.

environment stressful

Due to retrenchments that have been happening for the past 3 years, the office atmosphere had changed, this made the environment stressful and workload doubled.

to work together as a team

Solved unforeseen problems To work as a team with the Contractor They should be more involved with the works Natural To maintain a friendly environment between the different parties involved End of contract to see the final outcome thereof

Productive and fun work place

- My day start off by firstly enjoy cup coffee and greet all staff afterwhich i check our bank statement to see for any project payments and also then check to pay co-consultants involved in paid projects. - i then check my emails for all creditors invoices that comes in for PE and Durban office to be paid via our router system on BST. - i check our payment calendar and inform staff when to the deadlines to submit their expense on time. - our workplace culture is of many religions and we enjoy sharing our cultures amongst each other and therfore learn respect for each other. - the hardest part of my time at work is when i cannot say NO to anyone who needs assistant but at times have too in order to complete my workload on time under pressure at times. - what i enjoy most is collecting long outstanding debt from difficult clients whom pays past 30 days. i take it as an achievement.

Pros

Free Coffee, Tea all day

Cons

Long hours at times

Not a nice deaprture

Was forced out of the company due to changes in the economy. Wanted to contiue in railbat had to move to power. I was told not to work on any rail porjects anymore

productive and educative

the working environment is friendly and this is a company were you get to grow professionally and take you from a lower level to a new level of understanding

it is a nice palce to work for

plane your day you learn more everyday mangement is fare we work as a team when you received the work load late and it but you under presser when all your datelines is done on time and it is reconzed.

fun place

Very nice and fun company to work for. Employees get along very well. A bit fast paced and needs someone very focused and who pays attention to details.

Amazing company to work with

- Project Administration - Various Site Inspections - Dust Fallout Monitoring - Ambient Air Quality Monitoring - Proposal and Tender Administration - Quality control (internal efficiency improvements) - Assistance with various Licensing and Sustainability Projects, providing input in the following: • Environmental Basic Assessment Report (BAR) • Environmental Management Plan (EMP) • Water Use License ( WULA) • Integrated Waste Water Management Plan (IWWMP)

Project engineering consulting

Work ethic and business principals are satisfying for this working environment. All cultures represented. Open door policies. Great development opportunities for engineering career. Friendly co-workers

Pros

canteen, arranged flexi time hours

Cons

time line driven thus long hours until job is done - time off in lieu of overtime worked

Relaxed work environment

It was very professional. There was a nice culture of colleagueship, which was epitomised by the numerous little work breaks they had. The staff was diverse age wise and they always seemed eager to chat.

Productive and fun workday

Enjoyable day for working place, i always learn new thing almost everyday sometimes not related to Civil Engineering. Gibb takes a good care of their employers, my co-workers work together and nice with me.

Overall busy from early morning, was quite different on a daily basis. Working with different business units and managers. 24 hour turn around time

It was a great company to work for, learning different dimensions of professional engineers, their way of thinking and operations

Pros

I was working most of the time independantly

Cons

Low error tolerance

Engineering Geologist

I worked In Diamond mines as a Trainee Geologist . Engineering Geologist From 2010 TO present. I have done SITE INVESTIGATION various projects. I worked in Ghana, Tanzania, Guinea , Namibia , Lesotho and south Africa doing site investigations and reports for open pit mines. Now I am involved in a Dam project doing site investigation and Reports for the foundation and outlet tunnel

Refer to CV

Programme Engineer As Programme Engineer my main focus is to lease with (Lot A - Mechanical), (Lot D – Mechanical auxiliaries), (Lot E – Electrical), (BCJV - Design) and (BCJV – Quality) departments with regards to internal interfacing of the Main Underground Civil Works (MUCV) Project Managements Team of Eskom “Our Client” and reporting to the PM. The other external interfaces managed is with the main Civil Works Contractor (CMI) and Voith. My main responsibilities is: • Interface Management as described above • Environmental Management • Health & Safety according the Mines Health & Safety Act • Programme Management & Tracking • Construction Management according to the activities Planned • Contractual Management according to NEC3 Option B. The Ingula Pumped Storage Scheme consists of an upper reservoir, a lower reservoir, an underground power house complex with access tunnels and associated waterways that link the two reservoirs and ancillary works that include buildings, roads, transmission lines and temporary and permanent infrastructure. The rated generating capacity of the scheme is nominally 1 334MW with an energy storage capacity of 21 000MWh. The underground power house complex consists of a machine hall, a transformer hall and other associated tunnels and caverns. Budgeted for MUCV at R11 Billion and overall budget of R 28 Billion.

Lots of Work but no Aprriciation

Environment is not very friendly. They are giving me 3 peoples job in one person's salary. Giving lots of work but not giving any appreciation. They are extending my contract every year but not giving me long term contract.Co-workers are very old and put their work on me. It's hard to work with very old people as they don't want to accept new technologies.I am not enjoying working with them any more that's why looking for another job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gibb. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,1 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,1 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,2 out of 5 stars for Management
3,6 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Gibb
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?