Gijima Holdings
3,3 out of 5 stars.

Gijima Holdings Employee Reviews

South Africa27 reviews

3,1Work-Life Balance

It is fun and the colleagues are always happy and helpful

Low salary and high demand of workYou travel most of the day and managers will presurrize you without checking communications on the system from you.

Horrible Place to work at

I've been working at the company for 5 years. They are good at hiding their toxicity. When i started the manager was great but after he left they hired clowns.

Pros

Non

Cons

Stress full with no hope

They make promises to give increase that never happens, they do not give promotions, they do not help when you are in need, they do not want you to learn new skills

Pros

There is none

Cons

No benefits at all

Null

A typical day at Gijima is all about making money for the company. The are hardly any opportunities to learn and advance your career. Management is isolated from other employees. There is no fairness in terms of remuneration, opportunities and benefits.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no bonus, no benefits, no work/life balance

My experience includes successfully developing and implementing strategic processes; overseeing logistical coordination, project management, and report generation; and leading inventory control and purchasing activities to maximize productivity, efficiency, and overall performance. Through my experience, I have become adept in ensuring adherence to organizational goals and industry standards while facilitating streamlined logistical operations.

Productive fun place to work

When we were an entity alone it was a good company to work for. I have learn alot. I enjoy working there. when we amalgamated all the business Units it was not fun anymore

Pros

Good relationship with Manager

Cons

Lonh hours

High energy, constant presure 24 by 7 availability

Providing client services along agreed SLA's. Constantly reviewing and prioritizing delivery of service to multiple contracted clients. Meeting your SLA’s mean everything. Ensuring the operational staff at various sites are present and delivering the require services. As a branch manager looking after the operational delivery of services also entails the management of staff via the HR framework and processes. Operational expenditures and finances are managed daily in line with the approved budget for the department. Managing your overall performances via daily weekly and monthly reports allows for constant revision of current processes and also performing SIP's to better the service delivery experiences to customers. Team work was an essential part of our business and the involvement of staff at all levels, made this possible. At times our staff numbers were not sufficient to meet all desired deliverables and we had to simply constantly perform the big "M"(Miracles). Making things happen and receiving the odd "thank you'', at times really made it enjoyable.

Pros

Benefits like Education good learning experience

Cons

Long Hours and constant high levels of stress.

It was a wonderful place to work, I enjoyed it very much to work there, the hours were long but I always did my job perfectly. It's a pleasant company

It was a new experience to work there I learned about various types of work, the work space was calm and enjoyable. It was a nice company to work for.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Productive and fun to work at.

I'm outsourced at a client in Mpumalanga. The culture is what I expected. I'm enjoying my technical and training duties. The hardest part is that i"m on a fixed term contract. I've learned that adaptability and flexibility are very important. Read, read and read and learn fast. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the people that I have trained improve right here in front of my eyes.

Pros

Flexible working environment.

Cons

I;m not too sure.

Great People

I have been with Gijima for 10 years. and have met and said good buy to a lot of people that were actually my friends. always sad to see good workers leave the company

Productive and fun workplace

1. A typical work day was busy. 2. I always learned never had a dull moment. 3. Management was professional. 4. Culture was always good worked together. 5. Hardest part of job was very few but solving problems had its challenges. 6. The family feeling we had in our various departments and teamwork.

Pros

Had a canteen

Cons

Increases & Bonusses

Productive Company

Gijima is one of the best ICT Company i have ever worked for. you get exposed in to Ict work related and Gijima offers a lot of training certificate and is non Racial when it becomes on treating it staff member.

Productive and fun place

It always a productive day and I have learned how to work under pressure and manage my daily duties to be executed even though there is pressure. It is a good working environment and the management is good as well especially in mentoring the employees.

Gijima holdings summary review

Gijima is a free & fun working place, with a lot of potential for growth. There are many extra mural activities or team building proj that take place at Gijima.

Pros

A lot of extra mural activities and company outings

productive workplaCE

It is not a fair work environment but has a great work experience. You obtain alot of field work experience and become confident in all that you learn at the mining field.

Fun at Work

We are given unlimited fast internet and the facilitator are friendly, We are getting the experience and opportunities anyone can die for. The workplace is in good conditions. the most enjoyable part of the job is that we are given opportunities to study further.

Pros

Free coffee

Fun workplace

i have learned many things and my colleagues are friendly. the hardest part is to face new challenges as things always evolve in technology world, so u have to be always up to date

Sensitive documents, accuracy was very important. Time keeping and speed was also important. Working as a team with all department was the key. Gijima is a good company but it depends on how you perform and how you meet dead line and try to eliminate mistakes. Management will always be management every where, as long as you do your work there is nothing to worry a about.

Pros

free coffee

Cons

overtime

productive and fun work place

good work environment with supportive management. I have learned and gained a lot of experience on logistics side of the business . I work with a friendly and supportive logistics team, I learn a lot from them.

Pros

gift vourtures

Productive and full of adrenalien

Busy with many challenges Good relationship with suppliers Relationship with the EXCO team Management can be unfair sometimes I did enjoy my job because of the suppliers that I work with

Pros

Cons

long hours no overtime

Production and good workplace

Impact of non-compliance with Occupational Health and Hygiene procedures on employee health and ultimately, business Operations • Volume of risk assessments that need to be conducted simultaneously • Staff being exposed to hygiene hazards that may result in them incurring permanent health problems • The lack of understanding of the importance of the occupation health and hygiene role as a result their reluctance to implement good occupational health and hygiene practices

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gijima Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,1 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance