Gijima

Gijima Employee Reviews

South Africa107 reviews
3,0
I get the learnership at gijima it ws the most wonderful thing that ever happend to me because I was going to learn something new in my life and I was very scared but my mentor was doing by all means to take us step by step till we finish the programme.
But the was a delay in finding the placement for us.

We got the placement on October and pthe pro
1,0
It is good if you want to grow, gain more experience and learn new technologies. They make sure you get more exposure like meet clients and sometimes they place you in one of their clients.
5,0
Good to go with on a daily basis.
Advanced my career and taught me more about team work and the industry. Management is exquisite but i shall rather call it family. Hardest part of the job was simply not doing your job. And what i enjoyed most of the job was simply the entire part of the job .
3,0
the staff and management are very friendly.ive learnt a lot especially basics of end user computing and troubleshooting computer problems.

the hardest part is that it took long for them to place us at the companies where we were supposed to do our practicals ,for workplace experience.
2,0
Back up the files on server
Joining computers to domain

Installation of software to Operating system

Analyzing and Understanding the problem of printers and 3G connection

Make us of SLA software

Identifying most problem of connection and network printers

Writing reports
Pros
Friendly
Cons
They did not renew our contracts
2,0
This Job is very easy and its enjoyable. a typical day is waking up at 8am and leaving the house at half 8. working from that time until about 4pm. you can take lunch when ever you feel like it. you work on your own time.
Pros
work in your own time
Cons
poor understanding
5,0
.Manage and control inventory within the warehouses
o Conduct stock take

o Continuously keep an accurate record of all backup and consignment stock

o Action of stock distribution – receiving and dispatching (using SAP system)

o Facilitate the shipping of products from one destination to another

o Manage the maintenance, preparation and routing of purchase orders

o Communicate with transport to ensure prompt pick-up and delivery of shipments

o Arrange some-day deliveries whenever possible

o Review purchase orders and shipment contents prior to releasing them from our facilities

o Track and analyses mis-shipments to ensure they don’t occur again

o Respond to branches inquiries

Reason for
Pros
Cons
8 hours
4,0
Started as IT Helpdesk Agent, worked my way to IT Secondline Support, Problem Management Team and ended as a Server Support Engineer. Day-to-Day as server support I managed 12 domains across 4 companies (client companies). Looking after Active Directory, Application servers and their respective Applications, Web servers which included Managing and maintaining Web certificates and uptime.
We were 3 Server engineers looking after 3 data centers.

Worked with Network team when needed.

During IT Help desk and IT Second line i dealt with staff and also clients daily adhering to SLA targets and client satisfaction.

I worked on, and supported various systems which includes, Windows 7 - 10, Server 2003 - 2012

Company Language English.
Pros
big company with lots of growth
Cons
Limited to South Africa
Good place to work.

Nice bunch of people all round.

Flexible hours.

Opportunity to learn.

Good mentorship.

Good atmosphere to work in.

Good infrastructure.
3,0
I worked hard and made good friends in my years at Gijima. It was a good company to work for and management was involved and pro-active. I gained valuable experience while working there.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gijima?
1,0
no rewards for your hard work, not appreciated, no increases relating to salaries. endless driving going to service the speed points and having no time to take a break.
Cons
long hours, poor salary
5,0
Great company to work for. One of the leading IT companies in South Africa. They also pay their employees very well, depending on the experience they have.
5,0
I really loved working at Gijima, Learnt so much from this company.

People was always so willing to assist when i came across any problems. Wonderful work space. This is what an ideal Job is supposed to be from people and benefits provided for their staff.

It was really sad to leave due to a 197 section transfer from ABSA.
4,0
a typical week would start with a meeting early in the morning, then every day you have calls ranging from minor to critical calls"which have to be attended within the SLA"
Pros
car allowance
4,0
I learned so much at Gijima that I will forever have a fastidious believe in myself and what I do!
Management is always open and approachable regarding anything.

Nation wide services allow for relocation to any branch in South Africa.

Growth in one of South Africa's first completely black owned companies
3,0
Client log faults with our helpdesk, and in turn we try and resolve any telephony problems experienced by the client. I work with absolutely great people, always willing to lend a helping hand when in need. I learnt a great deal about the voice industry as I come from a more IT support field, but this allowed me to gain great experience and also to expand my knowledge. The hardest part of this job when clients are demanding to resolve an issue that takes longer than expected, as well as employees that are frustrated that something isn't working, so they cannot think clearly in providing you with information that could result in resolving the problem. The part I enjoy the most is the fact that it engages my mind, it keeps me on my toes, and there is always something new to learn.
1. Working under pressure

2. Learning a lot at Gijima

3. Learning a lot from my co-workers

4. The hardest part of the job, Should be to deal with angry customers. But I like challenges and doing more that what is expected

5.The most enjoyable part of the job. Learning on a daily basis
Pros
Meeting new people and learning more daily
Cons
No salary increase and no growth
5,0
i enjoyed working at gijima for a number of yeares. the staff is amazing and they are easy to get along with. one thing ill there is management. ill go back anytime.
Pros
No Overtime
Cons
Long Hours
2,0
Land of broken promises, work is fine but conditions versus benefits and payments are not so good, lack of proper tools makes working harder, overall just a stop over until one can get someone/place that can appreciate your skills
3,0
This company, although they proclaim to be 'the best', does not look after the employees at all
Employees are used as a means to generate income for the Executive management, and are neglected and ill treated

Employees are subject to going for years without proper increases and/or incentives
Pros
Good stepping stone as exposure is given to a wide array of skills
Cons
Employees are neglected and ill treated
Always busy with Restructuring
Outsourcing

motivating unhappy staff

Succesful DR tests

No clear strategy and a lack of vision

No sucession plannig

No increases
Pros
Cons
Unhappy enviornment - Retrenchment always in your face
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gijima. Our community is ready to answer.
3,4