Giraffe World Kitchen

Giraffe World Kitchen Employee Reviews

4,0
had a great time working at giraffe. employees are developed and made to feel part of the family. when i worked for them the focus was on hospitality and not about hard selling to guests.
3,0
The company has changed hands since I have left, as it was owned by Tesco. Friendly, busy working environment. The service charged worked odd how it would be used to top up management pay, but this probably doesn't happen anymore.
4,0
huishuidzaak net onder het segment van Blokker. Veel geleerd en klanten echt kunnen helpen.
Pros
xx
Cons
xx
3,0
Enjoyable, fun and fast paced environment. Excellent when working shifts with a great team. Not such a great communications channel for employees and management. Great working atmosphere. Long hours sometimes from 8am-11pm (double shifts). Very slow progression and pay rise structure. Great place to work part time whilst studying etc.
Pros
Free food an coffee.
3,0
A normal day at work would involve taking on organisational skills and being friendly with customers. This was very fun and I felt free not as if I was really at work.
3,0
A typical day at work was greeting customers, serving tables and assisting with the bar. I learnt many different skills, including organisation, communication and customer service. Management was good, however, there were no permanent managers (apart from one). The hardest part of the job was having so many tabs open in your brain - getting home and going to sleep and still thinking about work... It was also very stressful at times.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the team (bubbly front of house and hilarious kitchen staff) and the regular smiley customers.

Sadly, the restaurant I worked at closed down. I was given redundancy pay, however, we were not told in advance (I got a text on the day they actually shut the restaurant telling me)

Overall, shifts went fast and the team was fun!
Pros
Free food on shift, good team, good pay
Cons
late nights, stressful days
4,0
Good work with people,Lovely food, and great enviroment to be .
Working long hours-weekend the most hardest thing, want to spend time with friends, enjoy the sun-summer time.

The most enjoyable part of woking in Giraffe, was the people i was with, nice and friendly.
Pros
free food
great sales every year
making a huge profit year after year

meeting great ppl from the outside

good place for someone who wants a peace in thier live x
Pros
free meal
Cons
tronc system is a mystery .... badly managed .... managers overpay themselves using the tronc system
4,0
Good place to make money not to work just with frozen food... This company is just going down really fast. So far so bad. Hope so they will come back one day how they use to make everything fresh
Pros
Really nice people working
Cons
Disrespecting people
4,0
Nice place to work if you are a person who loves working with customers and always being busy and on your feet.

Great job for someone with a big personality and is a very jolly person.
4,0
First thing in the morning, i meet very lovely customers who have come for the breakfast menu. its not too busy in the morning, however it does start to pick up by midday. Things run very smoothly during the day, even when challenges come my way, there is always a way to fix it. The management are very helpful, they give full support on day to day tasks, making sure i am happy through out my shifts.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with miscellaneous mistakes, where there is no direct fault and it could have not been avoided for example, kitchen oven breaking down or not enough seating for new customers. it can make the service provided look poor overall, however i always make sure the customers are aware of the situation, give my apologies and do my best to help minimize the problem.
Pros
Meet great people and free lunches
4,0
Taking orders and serving customers in a happy environment. I have learned key customer service skills. Working within a team is the most enjoyable part as well as providing an excellent service to a varied range of customers.
5,0
I worked at Giraffe as a Supervisor. I enjoyed working within the Trafford Centre as it presented new people on a large scale to meet and serve with each day. very unique culture and company to work for but genuinely an enjoyable experience.
2,0
Food from around the world, loud music, child friendly, crazy and fun place to be!
Brunches and cocktails to dream about.. Good coffee and tea :)
Pros
food drink and people
Cons
unsociable hours
4,0
I really enjoyed this position. I learnt how to work properly as part of a team. I also had great co workers. The hardest part of the role was remembering all the ingredients in the dishes but after some focussed revision at home, I quickly got the hang of it. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually getting to know and working with my team members as we had a great team.
Pros
free lunches
4,0
A fast-paced restaurant with a fantastic team behind it. Downside is you do not get to keep any of the tips you make. Hours were quite long, having to work 6 hours to get a free lunch. Role was easy and quick to adapt to with full training provided.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Don't get to keep any of your tips
4,0
Was a great place to work, very understanding of everything and very good training. I enjoyed working with everyone there, I was always at ease and the customer service was incredible.
5,0
Best restaurant company I've ever worked so far, very competitive salary e very flexible hours. Excellent training provided and amazing work colleagues.
1,0
Working here is very depressing . Lazy management that wants waiteress/waiter to do their management work while they go for smoke and hardly do their jobs.While they and head chef "DO"racially discriminate their workers.On many occasions people will start to work and quit before the month is up. Tip are being stolen between workers.
Pros
Terrible
5,0
I have been working in Giraffe, Lakeside for 4 months and it has been a very good experience.

The management is absolutely brilliant and there are many opportunities to progress. They are all very friendly and have helped me with many work and non work related issues that I may of had.

The co-workers were the best team I have worked with to date. Everyone is very in sync and there is a veery strong support bond that is formed when you are a part of the team.
3,0
The restaurant is running 24 hours.
I learned a lot from my job. Like How to handle the guest or makes my guest feel comfortable and feel at home.

The hardest thing was during busy time, but its ok if our salary is worth it. The management must appreciate what their staffs did for the company, especially when the sales is good.

Need Good Benefits and additional Salary.

Must be provided a good meal for the staff.

The most enjoyable part was after the hardest time, we're still can laugh and smile.
Pros
free meal
Cons
Shifting
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Giraffe World Kitchen. Our community is ready to answer.
3,7