GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

GlaxoSmithKline is an employer of choice. The workplace and staff is highly productive. The most enjoyable part of the workplace, is the innovative environment.
I was working there for 9and half years it was great experience in pharmaceutical labs i have learned a lot i can confidently say you can put me any pharmaceutical companies in this country and i Will perform well without any training
A great company to work for. Variety of experienced gained. Collaborative environment focussed on delivering quality products. Great benefits and initiative for employees.
The culture was great & there were new learnings all the time. You had to deliver on your objectives without compromising. Quarterly performance reviews were conducted. Management gave you ownership to make informed decisions in the interest of the the company. Conferences were always the best, they made sure that we work hard and at the same time reward accordingly.
Great company to work for. Good work life balance is there. Flexi time guaranteed including working from home etc. The company offers competitive remuneration and the bonus package is very generous.
An awareness driven company sought to enhance its productivity and advocating collaboration among its workers. Giving every member of the family the authority to/ or be corrected by the other in a civilized platform.
Good company to work for, Salary is satisfying, working hours is balanced, security is tight, flexibilitu in working areas, Hygen is very important there
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Na
Awesome company to work for diversity and honest culture. Looks well after it's employee and treats all workers the same.lots of growth within the business.
GlaxoSmithKline is currently a place where an employee is constantly under pressure, mainly because of poor planning. It is also because managers who do not have good leadership skills.
I have had a wonderful working experience both the first and the second time i worked at GSK I would be still be working there but I had to move to Eastern cape due to health and family reasons. It is a wonderful organization to be in
Is nice to work at gsk you learn more about how important is people's heath,and how hygienic a person should be when working with medications,we value our customers to live longer.the management is fair at most time ,we are allowed to raise issues.we must have integrity and also nee transparency.make sure your work place is clean all the time .focus e.g report anything that is wrong on the line .respect is also leaned the ,treatment from management is the same to everyworker
Pros
We do get vouchers, we do have a cantine, 30min break
Cons
We work 8hours shift
Great place to work for but job security is the downfall of this amazing organsiation. Has opportunities for advancement for all employees regardless of the role
Pros
monthly lunch cards
Fun many outings learnt everything at Glaxosmithkline good staff year end parties you must work on your own mostly because every one is so busy.I was over loaded but that was termed you can't cope.Leave is a foreign language.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very buzy all day long.
Working at GSK I learnt to work safe so that I can produce a safe quality product to our customers.I also learnt to work on a team.I learnt that being on time at your work is very important
At my work place you need to focused; need to know what you are doing; make sure that the product is at our company standards and make sure that the customer gets the product on time.
Pros
As a casual if we work extra hours we get vouchers that you can spend at the canteen
Cons
The hours working is not a problem for me I work from 07:45-16:45
GlaxoSmithKline is the best company to work for I learn a lt in the short period of time people are friendly and they know what they are doing, the skills that I learn from this company I want ot share
In the right team, job is challenging, exciting and highly engaging. Overall experience depends on the strength and open-mindedness of the line manager. Here, I grew professionally, gained extra experience outside my day-day job scope, gained a Master's degree through the company's support and were also more in touch with my personal life as the company has initiatives that support work-life-balance. At some point it becomes difficult to escalate the career ladder due to the flat structure and constant changes.
Pros
Lunch allowance, work life balance, Vaccines Assist
Cons
Biased management, Flat structure, Retrenchments
Typical work day starts with a factory tour. Thereafter attendance of production board meeting to ensure all systems are ready for production. Meeting with the team. Sitting in interviews, disciplinary hearings or advising managers on IR related matters. Also spent time with our service providers to ensure that service level agreements are adhered to.
Pros
Fun, orderly, good systems
Cons
Far from home
I spent 27 years working at GSK, from a humble sales rep to finally working as the Market Access Manager, liaising with Braclays/ABSA & various MOH north of the SA borders to develops ways to get basic medicines to the poorest of the poor. I held a number of different of different positions of varying responsibility during those years, reporting directly to EXCO for the final 15 years of my time there. There were many ups & downs, I survived many mergers & acquisitions etc. Personal development of staff was one of GSK's key focus areas. However, after all these years I no longer have the desire to work in the corporate - been there, done that!
Pros
Culture, work ethic, personal development
Cons
Work/life balance
Follow proper plan for the day. Know what to say and when, why and how am I going to do this call The happiest day of my life is when I can walk out of a call and know that I made a big difference in this HCP's live. I always goes the extra mile to do my best.
- Ensure all manufacturing lines are running optimally. - Problem Solving is a must. - Manage entire shift accordingly. - Shift work affects family time.
Cons
Family time balance not really met