GlaxoSmithKline
4,2 out of 5 stars.

GlaxoSmithKline Management reviews

The culture was great & there were new learnings all the time. You had to deliver on your objectives without compromising. Quarterly performance reviews were conducted. Management gave you ownership to make informed decisions in the interest of the the company. Conferences were always the best, they made sure that we work hard and at the same time reward accordingly.
GlaxoSmithKline is currently a place where an employee is constantly under pressure, mainly because of poor planning. It is also because managers who do not have good leadership skills.
Is nice to work at gsk you learn more about how important is people's heath,and how hygienic a person should be when working with medications,we value our customers to live longer.the management is fair at most time ,we are allowed to raise issues.we must have integrity and also nee transparency.make sure your work place is clean all the time .focus e.g report anything that is wrong on the line .respect is also leaned the ,treatment from management is the same to everyworker
Pros
We do get vouchers, we do have a cantine, 30min break
Cons
We work 8hours shift
In the right team, job is challenging, exciting and highly engaging. Overall experience depends on the strength and open-mindedness of the line manager. Here, I grew professionally, gained extra experience outside my day-day job scope, gained a Master's degree through the company's support and were also more in touch with my personal life as the company has initiatives that support work-life-balance. At some point it becomes difficult to escalate the career ladder due to the flat structure and constant changes.
Pros
Lunch allowance, work life balance, Vaccines Assist
Cons
Biased management, Flat structure, Retrenchments
Looking back has been an amazing experience. A company striving everyday to become work class. From ceo to cleaner to tea lady , all were treated the same. The company made me feel to want to make the difference, improve at all times . Somethings I can take from gsk is that a happy working environment is productive , don’t take anything for granted, take time to read the fine print and take note to detail.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No cons
Allowed to do what you are required without being micro-managed, with the best tools provided to perform at optimum level. Advanced skills and knowledge regarding Imports and Exports. Professional, knowledgeable and well educated/skilled, good strong leadership qualities. Fun, professional and mature. Nothing hard about the job as management and tools available made it enjoyable. Allowed to perform my tasks with mutual respect and trust from management in my abilities and skills.
Pros
Free Lunches and Good Benefits
Cons
A typical day offers numerous challenges and new experiences across the SSA region. Learning's include how to deal with multiple cultural differences, languages and personality styles and developing my skills in Category Management, Contract Management, Sourcing & Procurement, Sustainable Development and Operational Excellence I am seen as a respected and experienced member of numerous Business Leadership Teams, and global/regional procurement leadership teams with the ability to identify business improvement opportunities and driving change with business partners (internal/external) to deliver opportunities and achieve bottom line impact Workplace culture - supportive, hardworking, high energy Hardest part of job - highly matrix organisation with numerous stakeholders, where change is a constant Most enjoyable - delivery results that align with the company philosophy to help our customer Do more, Feel better and Live longer.
Pros
Share options, executive bonus and medical aid
Cons
9am-3pm
Ensure components and raw materials are delivered on time to meed production schedule. During my 20 years service at GSK, I gained a lot of knowledge such as administration duties, order placing and production planning. My co-workers has been like a family to me and management has always been kind and considerate, always encouraging employees advancement by offering study assistance. The hardest part of my job was when we had critical illness medicine out of stock. What was most enjoyable was when we reached the companies targets and have 8 weeks stock in the warehouse.
Pros
free monthly meal vouchers
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GlaxoSmithKline?