Golder Associates
3,6 out of 5 stars.

Golder Associates Employee Reviews

Professional organisation operating throughout the world striving to keep operations and work ethics to a high standard. Customer focussed backed by hand-picked competent staff.
Working at Golder was fun and very productive with a good working condition that balance life and working time perfectly. Health and Safety is their first priority.
Pros
Free trainings
Cons
Sometimes working long hours
Open plan office with good colleagues. Very professional people. Unclear salary packages and advancement not transparent to everyone. An excellent place to build your career.
Pros
Great Projects to work on.
Cons
Low Salary
Golder was a very good consulting company with experienced professionals in different fields of the environment. Great work ethic and trust on individual capability which was very good. The hardest part of the job was filling timesheets. The most enjoyable part of the job was travelling to different sites for work.
Pros
Many opportunities for career progression
I had a great experience at golder Associates, and even considered a job internationally. The projects can be diverse and the expertise in the fields was a great opportunity for me being straight out of university.
I enjoyed working and the opportunities given to me were amazing. Unfortunately the salary was not enough to provide for my family and I had to leave for another position.
Friendly, laid back employees. Always willing to help. Everyone is treated the same. Good cultural diversity. Most enjoyable part is that you also receive challenging projects, that help you build a great resume.
Start at 8am sharp. Then read emails regarding the progress of the current projects. This is where the fun starts. Designing according to client specifications and drawing the design in SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
Within IT and the company being Global normal working hours per week were more than 55 hours per week due to global conference calls. The working environment in South Africa became more difficult die to the turn in the economy which had an impact on mining which in turn had an impact on the company. Even though working hours are high the company was full supportive of working from when required.
I had a great experience at this company. I mostly done designing, detailing and quantities. I enjoyed the problem solving part of the work, this was also the hardest part of the job because i was faced with problems that i have not covered at varsity yet. I was always eager to learn and the engineers were always ready to teach.
Pros
flexible hours
Administration of Business Unite and Team through applying project management skills made my life so much easier. Most enjoyable part worked within and amazing team. Most challenging part was supporting and managing a multi disciplinary team over three countries.
Pros
Professional well qualified team
Cons
Very little resources
I love traveling and Golder provides me with the opportunity to see my country in a whole new light. I really enjoy working at Golder as all the employees are committed, highly trained, skilled and are more than willing to lend a helping hand when faced with new and confusing concepts.
Pros
Great working environment
Golder is a good company to work for. I have learnt a lot during my stay and i'm still progressing. The only reason i'm looking elsewhere is that i'm in a contract training program. I would also like to enrich my knowledge in other chemical engineering related fields.The work environment at Golder is also favorable, ie, the people are highly professional.
Pros
They have good work ethics.
Cons
big company, its difficult to know everyone.
Golder is a very good company to work for, but the economy hit us very hard. We all need to follow our dreams and built your own career in the field where your calling lies.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Job security
I have worked the field for the past 8years and have a lot of experience on this position. I am flexible, a hard worker, team player and can work well under any pressure. I am a go to person.. I am also a quick learner and eager to learn more. I have experience in the Office Support. I also have establishing long lasting business relations which sustained my entire 8 years of experience and expertise I am a self-starter and eager to new challenges and I am goal driven I look forward to being a member of your team and sharing the skills that I have and helping your Department achieve a mile stones. My strong work ethics and integrity will surely be an asset to your company. It will be a good start of a different environment if I do get the position at your company and you will not regret having me as one of your team members. I am have studied Professional Reception and Personal assistant and my marks represent my ability. I am still studying Business Manageme
Pros
1hour lunch
Cons
40 hours a week
Interesting projects and diversified clients. Employee owned.
Client liaison, team meetings, budget control. Technical innovations Good leaders Travelling a great deal Very challenging
Only part time employment. Visit clients and Government institutions to post notices and assist during meetings. (Mostly minig sites). Implementation of solutions to endangered eco systems. The management of projects and solutions to unforeseen problems. Friendly, hard-working and experienced in their fields of working. Not being able to work due to being only appointed part time. Meeting people.
Pros
Refund of expenses for journeys to Mpumalanga, Limpopo, North West.
Cons
Had liked the job but had very difficult to please boss, Started company's own guest house which sometimes caused overbookings when other departments/ supervisors called boss to arrange, Liked co-workers quite well and did many team-building events, Hardest part was to keep track of all travellers at all time as company did extensive work in Africa, Team-building days were best.
Pros
Contacts built up in Travel Industry
Cons
Night-time calls when people were in foreign countries
Proposal Coordination: Coordination and integration of contributions for proposal / tender deliverables; Registration of opportunities and proposals; Management of proposal kick off meetings & producing technical minutes; Setting up proposal documentation for input from contributors; Compilation of budget for proposal / tender; Compilation of project scheduled for proposal / tender; Track proposal costs from project team; Track proposal submission and award status on work search database; Filing and management of project related documentation according to Golder’s internal quality management system. Project Coordination: Registration of projects; Setting up project budget according to proposal; Track budgets vs. spend to date; Project costing and detailed invoicing Coordination of project team, tasks and deliverables; Coordinate administrative requirements on projects according to Golder’s internal quality management system and PMBOK principals; Integration of contributions for deliverables: effectively integrate contributions from different contributors into a structure and cohesive deliverable as per the Golder standard requirements and templates. Management of project meetings - producing minutes, action lists and agenda’s. Project contract management: Draw up contracts with input from Golder’s Risk and Human Development Divisions; Track payment terms of contract; Track deliverable dates indicated in contract; Track expiry dates in contract; Ensure that Sub Consultant / Sub Contractor details are updated on Golder’s approved service suppliers - more...
Go through yesterday's to do list and make a new list starting with the ones didnt achieve. Check with project managers what their day looks like and if they need my assistant for the day. I learned to communicate in all levels, learn mining concept, waste management and project management. I got along with most of my co-workers and work real well in a team. It was when all five project managers need assistance urgently in typing of reports and I am sitting in meetings. It was visiting the site where the project was taking place, in a big project, it was working with different charecters who are doing different work, eg. waste management, hydrology, mining, groundwater management.
Pros
travelling, team buildings
Cons
too much meetings