GOOD FELLAS

GOOD FELLAS Employee Reviews

Good Fellas need to keep and take care of the workers and review their rates of pay. Put more effort in advertisement of the company and give the workers a proper training of dealing with the clients.
Highly recommend anyone not to work as a sweeper rather apply for the main driver position. I was not always fully compensated for my fuel usage .Hours are long and very late though a person does get use to it. Work schedule is very flexible, as a student they let me work around my own study schedule. The pay to be honest is not the greatest, but it does depend on how much shifts you are willing to work. Overall i would recommend working here as a part time job or to make some extra income on the side but i wouldn't do it full time.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Part time work
Cons
Long hours, Little pay
Worked as sweeper, i.e fetching clients around Gauteng metros to their destinations. Very challenging work as we deal With different clients from accros race and cultural background.
petrol prices increased but their salaries/wages dont increase per km you get paid about R1.70 per km regardless the time day or whatsoever. company has favourites to who gets the most bookings which means the most money
Pros
Cons
less money
i don't have a definite time to work at good fellas, i work shifts and it also depends on how busy it is. i enjoy meeting different kinds of customers and i always try my utmost best to render good service to them and also try to understand different kinds of people's attitudes. overall i enjoy being thanked for good service i rendered at the end of a shift. it is sometimes hard to work with people who do not give you a chance to get to inspect their cars who will just assume that you are used to their cars and they sometimes become impatient with you. sometimes the time we deliver the clients home is very late and risky and that is hard. IT IS ALSO HARD SOMETIMES TO FIND A TEAM MEMBER LIVING CLOSER TO YOUR PLACE AND THAT MAKES IT DIFFICULT TO GET ALLOCATED TO JOBS. he management at good fellas is very friendly and very accomodative and also easily approchable. you need to always anticipate to meet and work with different kinds of people from different backgrounds with different morales but you always need to try the utmost best to work as a team because we always get allocated into two i.e driver and a sweeper. i learned different routes and different places in cape town and i learned using GPS/ NAVIGATOR CONFIDENTLY.
Cons
Awkward hours, Quite times
I worked for them for almost a year and really liked it at first. I worked as a driver/sweeper but was sweeping most of the time because i didnt fancy sitting next to a drunk person. What annoyed me was the operators who have some sort of superiority over you and abused that privilege by using threats and demands. Also the sweeper gets the raw end of the deal by being neglected in a case of a breakdown or accident whereby he is left stranded on the road in the middle of the night while the driver gets picked up and taken home. This really SUCKS. And the operators should be more communicative with the driving teams after drop offs. You sit and wait for a long period of time before the get back to you. Other than that i guess it was okay.
Pros
Tips are good
Cons
No security a/hours
Good fellas is a cool and exciteing job you get to meet lots,new,and interesting people from all over the continent,country,even from all over the world sometimes the only thing about good fellas the look more after people that does not do the work for them than people that does do the work for them finance wise and security wise
Pros
getting tips
Cons
its ok
Wonderful Co-Workers, what made the job so enjoyable was taking pride in what you were doing by working with an excellent team.
Pros
Free coffee machine and social activities
Cons
No growth potential
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GOOD FELLAS?