Goodfellas

Goodfellas Employee Reviews

South Africa25 reviews
4,0
A great place to work at, you will have time for your family whether you work as permanent or part time job, you will enjoh working there. Great relationship with your supervisor
4,0
very organised and proffesional staff members
got to exprience how its like working with people and being responsible for the clients car and creating a safe environment for clients
3,0
this is a good company to work for on a part time basis. it is shift based work and you get to choose the hours that you will be on call. it requires some one with sober habits.
5,0
Very fast paced yet fun place to be employed at. I enjoyed interacting with the clients and working with drivers. Proper training and easy system to work with although it requires fast thinking abilities.
3,0
I strongly advise anyone to not apply for the sweeper position rather to apply for the driver position.
Believe me when i say that you will not always be fully compensated for your fuel use. They cover your trip with the client, they don't cover you picking up your driver, going to fetch the client or driving back after dropping off client.

THE HOURS ARE LONG, though you do get somewhat use to it after a while.

I would recommend working at goodfellas to make some extra cash on the side line but as a full time job, no.
3,0
No secure job commission based per trip,more like a side line job.experience is good,does not cover a monthly salary but its some sort of income if you have nothing.
2,0
The Job sometimes has difficult vehicle owners who have no security about their location and also no real tips from them after drop off. The company would also over book you .
1,0
The company refuses to grow, they have an app that doesn't work properly and when we tell them about the client's complaints.. They just ignore this.They still rely heavily on call centre agents who are slowly ternishing the image of the company.
Pros
You learn to be more patient with the clients
Cons
Very small pay
5,0
Short hours cn get another job if u prefer working long hours the tips are amazing staff is excellent if u willing to put in the hours then u cn make more money
Pros
Driving
Cons
Short hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Goodfellas?
3,0
Well I undestand that there won't always have clients in the area where you starting from. But the clients book via an app. A call center agent calls us as the drivers. Request of us to drive from Paarl to Cape Town CBD in 30 mins during peak traffic. The call center agent is in PE but tells us we should hurry to get to a client waiting. My point. To these people its more important to make money from this client. Than the lives of their employees at stake. By the way they can actually pay their drivers and sweepers better. Not per call. But per hour they stood waiting in the middle of the night on locations unfamiliar.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours waiting for clients just to make no money
4,0
i had a very amazing experience with the company as working night shift ment i had time to focus on other things in my life such as school and family.the hardest part was having to deal with clients that where not co-opperating with me wihich taught me how to be patient and be flexible.
Pros
good tips
Cons
no basic salary, get paid according to work done.
1,0
I work as a driver in the Pretoria area they pay us little money but all the know is to tell us where to collect the clients and sometimes they send the wrong pick up location and they yell at u when you tell them this is the worst company and the worst part they don't have a stable income
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Long hours and small pay
5,0
I think this job is good for getting out of the house and seeing what's around the Bay Area. I meet interesting people and I make a good amount of money for working approximately 6 hour shifts on weekends.
3,0
Start work at 08h00 go to reception to get yesterdays paperwork to send to travel agencies so they could pay. Hospitality is a great environment for people to work in friendly staff treat each-other like family.
Pros
free lunch
3,0
its a great experience, great working environment and the mangers are cool managers, long hours but I can manage it. but wish we could have more benefits though
Pros
n/a
2,0
Get a massage from Head quarters to go pick up a client
and I would be delivered there by my swipper

and I would transport the clients to their destination
Pros
Free Entrance Everywhere/ Tips
Cons
Odd Hours/ Under paid
3,0
co-workers are great management are secretive and have to find out things through the grape vine
As for a sweeper theres is no help or assistance if my own vehicle breaks down

A laid down timetable we agree to select wich days we work get changed and days are allocated to wich we agree or corrected and possibly work the following

?????????????Controllers and Adminstration in P.E?????????????
Pros
a company that does compensate for sms and calls
3,0
Interacting with different type of personalities on a daily basis
how to deal with dufficult clients,

managers always helpful when needed

have a could relationship with colleages most of the time

having to be @ work for couple of hours after my shift has ended

interacting with drivers and clients and colleages
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
very long hours
5,0
Good Fellas makes working night shift worthwhile,to eccentric co-workers,to vibrate clients,to air filled with laughter....to long nights of buzzing!
Pros
monthly incentive structure
Cons
strictly night shift
3,0
IT IS A CHILLED place to work at especialy because i only work there at night
2,0
well my day starts of by me being picked up from home,then to the office, sign the present form, after that basically customers let us know where they are and then we collect them and take them to where ever they desire to reside. I learned that working long hours can strain your physical being and mental state. I managed my diet quite well cause you could not eat too much and not much, just enough to quench my energy. worked well with my colleagues. hardest part was the overtime, I do not recommend sleeping at 5 in the morning every week for 4 days. the most enjoyable part was meeting different clients with differing views on life and education that was thrilling and it taught me to be patient.
Pros
networking with bosses
Cons
overtime hours