Gordon Food Service
3,5 out of 5 stars.

Gordon Food Service Employee Reviews

3,3Work-Life Balance

Showing all 1 842 reviews

Challenging job takes too long to get work done as a new employee

They have good pay as long as you can complete the job in a reasonable time, but when you are new you can't. Management is not very forgiving and was not supportive while still new at the job.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Long days

Monopoly management

Management don't listen and don't care Lot of fake and drama people on supervisory level and management is not professional enough to figure out the reality or they just like that. I would say monopoly of few people.

Pros

Good home time

Cons

Management Monopoly

Good stuff

Long shifts Good place to work fast paced you might get tired at the end of the night running around and lifting all day but when you see the paycheck your gonna show up the next week

No work life balance

Working all of the time management treats you like a number. Management thinks they own you. The work is easy for the most part as long as you can withstand the cold.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No leadership

Hard work, good pay, Early hours.

We work between 45-50 hours a week. Start time can range between midnight and 4 am depending on the route. Pay is good but expect to work for it. You can expect to lift between 15-20k lbs a day and push around 700-1100 cases a day. Getting days off are a problem and the biggest con with this job.

Pros

In Early, Home Early

Cons

Don't expect to get any time off.

Ok job

Management is understanding and flexible with availability, but job feels much more stressful when working with them. Many of the costumers are very nice. There is a lot of heavy lifting involved.

Pros

Employee Discount, Flexible Hours

Cons

Low Pay

Good company, bit Sr. leadership doesn't show empathy

The company as a whole is good but the local Sr, Leadership does not treat each employee the same. He has his favorite and everyone including the other managers and hourly see how they are treated. The expectation for hourly are not realistic to meet. When we as leaders attep to speak with local Sr leaders nothing changes and start to get push back.

Cons

Local Sr. Leader

Productive fun workplace

Great place to work you can learn a lot about life while your on the job. Might be fun if you've done all your work on time and correctly. Friendly greeted well when you arrive.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No cons

Hard work but good compensation and benefits

Packing is both a physical and mental workout. The hours can be long. And your scheduling changes from day to day varying your start time by a few hours. The turnover rate is high as its a challenging job that some people give up on early. Pay and benefits are very good. I have been given the support I needed here to learn, succeed and excel in my department. You just have to put in the effort

Amazing people, god awful pay.

The people are amazing, super happy and helpful. You do a good amount of work for minimum wage and no real sense of importance. You're called in with little notice. Management has a lot of infighting and the leadership ladder is very clouded.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gordon Food Service?

Fast paced

Can be a stressful work environment even worse when there is micromanagement instead of assistance I strongly advised those that are older or people not wanting to undergo a lot of physical strain not to apply because it’s every day so that plus trying to be quick about your actions (because it is customer service) it becomes rather tiresome.

Good company to start out with, but not somewhere you want to stay long term.

Company itself isn’t bad, however I was blatantly lied to about several aspects of the job. First of all I was guaranteed top rate of pay in 6 months. When that time came I was told that my numbers went good enough to receive said raise. Although it was never specified to me initially that I had to meet such criteria. Was also promised 5 day work weeks which was a lie. This company is trying to cut down all the OT possible and it’s hurting drivers paychecks. You can make a lot more money working at its competitors because of it.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Lied to constantly and disrespected

Neat

It was a decent enough experience but wasnt what I was looking for in the long run. Its a good place to work nonetheless, especially if you want something chill

Pr

Good company to work for.Good benefits and pay.Supervisors are very helpful and accomodating.Paid leave and profit sharing every year.would recommend

Friendly guys

Despite high physicality of the delivery, you can get fair pay and freedom at work most of the time. But it's a big challenge for new guys who must spend around 11-12 hrs per shift running with heavy load and driving. That's why most new comers can hardly surive the first month.

Consistent

For the most part time here has been what was expected for the position. Benefits are great, hours can be lengthy but if your willing to work you get compensated for your effort.

meh

The place is all right. Long hours and management is not the best. Belts constantly break down. If you can get into the freezer than its pretty decent.

Pros

meh

Long hours, little training.

Long hours. The pay is good. They cycle through a lot of people and the bad ones don't get wrote up but the good ones do. Your often pulled from one place to the next. Their is favoritism and management needs to widdle down their crew.

Managers are everything

If you have a good management team it makes all the difference. Sadly like many businesses they have changed mentality from a more customer service experience to a numbers driven environment. This tends to lead to less employees around but expected to do much more with less.

Decent part-time job

Great place, my only gripe was the lack of full time, as well as the pay rate at the time. Though, from what I heard that was mostly because I didn't stay long enough for it to increase. Other than that, it's a great chill environment. The work load is light but steady, very rarely do you have much down time, but that just makes the day go by faster.

Not for the weak.

This job will test you everyday physically and mentally. You will be tired and have to find another gear to push through but it’s worth it at the end of the week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gordon Food Service. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 842 reviews

3,3 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,5 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,1 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,1 out of 5 stars for Management
3,4 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Gordon Food Service
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?