Grade Potential Tutoring

Grade Potential Tutoring Employee Reviews

It is a good company for tutoring.

It is a well organized company. Time flexibility and subjects are good. All schedules are in App and tutors can easily access to their time sheets . Paying system is so good and is on time.

You're your own boss

I was in need of a second job to provide supplemental income. I applied to work as tutor and was called a few months later. I was informed that I had the ability to structure and schedule my own sessions. I appreciated that flexibility. In the past, I had worked as an at home behavior therapist and there wasnt much flexibility with scheduling or the program. Though from this experience as a therapist, I learned valuables skills such as structuring sessions, the importance of breaks, assessments, and of course, something that cannot be taught caring for my clients.I like that as a tutor I have the freedom to structure my sessions as I see fit. I custom each program according to my clients needs, which I appreciate. Some of my clients already have material that I can support them with. While with other clients, I am having to teach them something completely new, which I love. I do wish there was some paid time for preparing lesson plans.Communication: Typically, there is someone available at the office should I have any questions.

Pros

Scheduling, ability to teach anything, ability to develop on curriculum, if client cancels session within 24 hrs session is still paid, making a difference

Cons

Unpaid time for prepping sessions

A good way to make money doing freelance tutoring

Most of working at GP is determined by the individual working there - they connect you up with clients who are near you and need help in an area of expertise that you claim to have, and you can accept to take on the job or not. Once you're connected, you set up lesson times and meeting places between you and the client. It's a great way to get some tutoring experience if you're willing to put in the work to be a good tutor without any additional training.

Pros

Set your own schedule, teach using your own style

Cons

Inconsistent income/hours, no training

I was highly praised for my abilities to educate in a wide variety of areas of study.

I feel very privileged by and enjoy the opportunity to work with children. I would be happy to work with adults as well, but either way, I feel treated with dignity by the families who hired me.

Pros

A certain amount of professional autonomy, and a good salary.

Cons

My students are sometimes in run-down neigborhoods.

Enjoyable Company to work for and great customer service team.

I am a tutor and I really like this company. Their system for tutoring is great. Also, they find the work for you. They are very helpful and guide you through the process of learning. The communication within is great too. They are friendly, patient and kind.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

N/a

Amazing

They are great. They do stand for what they believe in. Work hard and teach and you will do just find. Great work and life balance. You pick your own time

Great pay and flexibility

Grade potential tutoring could be a great way to make extra money, especially if you enjoy teaching and helping others learn. The main downside is that you only get paid once a month which is the main reason I am not willing to commit to more hours.

very nice

Very nice. A typical day at work is very nice. What you learn is very nice. Management is very nice. Workplace culture is very nice. The hardest part of the job is too nice.

Really good pay but independent worker

Not enough hours, too much driving around, some of the students can be difficult so you need to have a lot of patience. The pay was really good but you’re considered an independent worker. You also get paid once a month.

Pros

Flexible, good pay

Cons

Not enough hours, too much driving around

Unprofessional

Lack of answering emails, families are unprofessional, company provides no support. You have to reach out to the families yourself and most of the time they are unreliable and the company provides no help whatsoever.

Autonomy; Competent Managers

Tutoring affords autonomy. My direct manager is always supportive, understands particular job issues; is respectful; balances respect with company policies.

Great Supplemental Job!

GP tutoring is truly a great tutoring position. The compensation is adequate and the flow of students is fairly consistent. The busyness of your schedule does wax and wane with the school year!I haven’t ever gotten to the level of students where I’d be able to support myself long-term ONLY doing this job, but I enjoy it nonetheless!

Pros

Professional tutoring environment, decent pay, good students, keeps skills sharp, and Flexibility

Cons

No benefits because you’re a contractor and schedules can fluctuate wildly.

Good

Great company, you only have to teach the subjects that you want or feel qualified for. Then they pay you and you don’t have to pay taxes. I really liked working for them

Pros

Pay

Cons

Hours

Self-lead position that varies on hours

The position is mostly self-lead. GP will give you clients with a very brief summary of their needs and you contact the client on your own to determine more info and set up appointments. Little guidance from management can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how well you do your job

Pros

Set hours and schedule

Cons

Pay and hours per week below standard

Solid Tutoring Company

Worked 1:1 with a lower elementary age student. Year started with supporting during distance learning and transitioned to providing homework assistance after school a few days a week. Good life/work balance, but hours can be hard to come by.

Independent work, freedom to teach your style, effectively.

They are very good at calling and texting with new potential students. Also helping with questions and general descriptions of potential students and parent expectations.

Pros

You get to establish mutually agreed upon days and times to tutor.

Cons

Sometimes the requested location to tutor is not the best for the student.

Great P/T tutoring job for supplemental income. Passion, reliability and knowledge make the difference

Supportive, accommodative management. Started at 25.00 and was raised to 40.00. The tutor needs knowledge of the subject and the zeal and mission for educating as they will often have a dispirited student who is losing hope in their outcome. The student generally provides the academic assignments and materials.

Pros

Supportive Company with excellent national profile

Great hospitality, positive energy

They are very professional both toward their employees and their clients. They have a good sense of coordination. In addition, members of HR are very respectful.

Pros

Super Respectful toward profs. Pay is always in your account on time.

Great pay rate, you earn what you're worth

I had applied over the weekend and immediately got a call the following day and got hired at 26 dlls an hour! They are very flexible, you set your own hours and schedule!

Pros

great pay rate and flexibility

Cons

pay is once a month

They matched me with Tutoring

It gave me a good experience tutoring. They matched me with a student to tutor but then lost track once the student moved. They gave good support at the beginning as I contacted the parent and started tutoring.

Great company and support

I really enjoy working with this company. The only thing is that you never know when you will get clients or not. You have to supply your own materials.

Pros

Great manager and customer service

Cons

Contact position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grade Potential Tutoring. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5