grindrod

grindrod Employee Reviews

South Africa7 reviews

3,4Work-Life Balance

Goal driven workplace

Great place to work and strive towards career and business improvements. It is a place to shape your career and personality, it is what you make of it.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Corporate politics

Conducive work environment

Grindrod is a very accommodating company the working culture is easily adoptable, everyone in the workplace is helpful, ask for help and they will assist.

Was a good working experience

was working on contract so was not there long enough to really experience everything. I was working through a recruitment agency , our contratc was very short but the weekly salary was very good.

Pros

money

Solid Legacy

Solid legacy, forward thinking. Great company to work at. Has a solid foundation. Well operated with over a 100 years experience.

Productive and challenging

* Daily meetings - work discussion - prioritise of daily work schedule * New projects very enjoyable and challenging * Unavailability of spares make it difficult to be fully productive to do your work

Pros

Enviroment pleasant - business situated on a plot

Cons

Toilet facilities not up to standard

maintaining all mobile equipment

: Mobile Maintenance Supervisor Duties Maintenance • Draft maintenance schedule for all equipment • Conduct regular inspections on all mobile equipment • Logging and auctioning of all deviations noted • Manage relevant service providers i.e. from the induction process to obtaining quotes and allowing and signing off job cards • Raise and investigate incidents involving mobile equipment damages • Plan hired equipment when required • Conduct safety prior to allowing hired equipment on site • Identity deviation from maintenance objective and implement corrective action • Continually improve maintenance performance • Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities SHEQ • Adhere to ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 policies and procedures • Draft and review maintenance procedures as necessary • Ensure legal appointments in maintenance department are in place and are current. • Attend monthly safety meetings • Action plant with regards to maintenance • Conduct daily toolbox talks with maintenance staff • SHE Rep for maintenance department • Log incidents for deviations to policies and procedures • General housekeeping Admin • Supplier evaluations • Requesting quotes from suppliers • Expediting of parts and equipment • Submit purchase orders to suppliers • Sign off of invoices and receiving from suppliers • Monthly update of running costs of mobile equipment

the new challenges were the most, which makes me productive . i am always willing to learn

it was very challenging and specially because when I started I didn't know anything about logistics, but I enjoyed working and getting new challenges everyday, I was supervising 22 people in a shift as well as carrying other duties like, customer care,maintain equipment and.

Pros

Cons

i used to love working overtime, specially when we distribute goods and loading for shipments, it was very challenging

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at grindrod?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at grindrod. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,4 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance