Grove

Grove Employee Reviews

4,0
Good company
Good manger I like working with them

I learned from them

I got some experience with the customer

I have good team we was work as one team
1,0
They’d take an extra amount from tip wages and never tell us where it went to. They never had the same story when asked about it. Management was poor when I asked to be considered for another position I was told soon. I was told soon for 4 months. How is that soon. I was never even offered training.
Pros
Had to pay for food at 15% less
Cons
No breaks/ poor management
2,0
The people on the floor were very friendly and easy to work with
The management had no direction and lacked experience in manufacturing which caused confusion and frustration

Not very clean environment as production was given priority over cleaning
2,0
the company seems to do little for employees, little to no reward for work or effort, most accolades come in form of some food from manager, it is a quite short of a drive, which is good for my vehicle.
Pros
short commute
Cons
short break
4,0
Good place to work, friendly management staff. Provides the opportunity to learn a variety of food concepts and to grow as a manager. Great working hours
5,0
Constant moving in charge of others. Making on the spot decisions. The place was in a transition. Thereforw communication writtten and verbal was at an high.
2,0
Leads should get "special training" because they really dont know what they are doing. Jobs not bad but management is bad. Even in the office they really dont care about their employees. "It is what it is" as they would say.
5,0
Management is honestly incredible at grove. I would highly recommend working at grove to my fellow industry employees. My experience at grove was elevated by my helpful managers.
5,0
A fun place to work at with a lot to learn on the daily basis. At Grove every day was a pleasant challenge and there would be something new to learn every day.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Grove?
3,0
No job security no matter who you think you are They lie dont believe a word they tell you believe nothing you hear and half of what you see lol did 5 years in that prison
Pros
Moneys decent
Cons
You are nothing but a number
5,0
I loved working for TGC. It is a family owned business and everyone who works there is so helpful and kind. I wished there was more hours because i wouldnt leave.
5,0
Food is top priority with learning knowledge of different cuisines.
Fair working hours for employees along with company benefits. Also a chance to move up in company or to another restaurant in group
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Small kitchen
1,0
My first week there the management wanted me to help them get rid of a man that worked there and when i did i was fired shortly later. Terminated for nothing.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Its like going to high school, all over again
5,0
Enjoyed my time there. Employers are great and understanding. I'm really looking forward to getting back to work. They understood the time you needed to take off and didn't harass you about it.
Pros
Breaks
5,0
Lots of hours. Many hours of overtime. Your schedule changes periodically because of the work load. The pay is good for the area. Working in a safe manner is expected.
5,0
Lulu's is a tapas/brunch/dinner fusion restaurant with a bar and quite a bit of outdoor seating. The overall atmosphere is very open and artsy. A large source of their business comes from brunch on Saturday's and Sunday's. Brunches were typically 8 hour shifts and very profitable. I might have worked a total of 10-16 hours Monday through Friday, but I was averaging about 700-800 a week. Brunches were a grind and we were busy the whole shift, but the other shifts were very laid back, with most tables being very high ticket averages. I really enjoyed the fact that I had a lot of time during the weekdays to do the things I wanted to do. I would highly recommend this job to anyone.
1,0
I helped get this place started and then after all my help for little payment, I'm asked to come work at the shop full time. Yeah, couldn't pay me before and nothing they could offer would be enough to have to sit and watch animals wither away to nothing.
Cons
Everything.
5,0
started there to pursue a career in the real estate business, upon working in the mortgage business i decided to go to real estate school and get my real estate license.
3,0
The job was not over until it was over. There was a consistent flow of work which made the day go by faster. There was no leaving early until the work was complete
5,0
Absolutely fabulous place to work. Everyone is so friendly and supportive. The people we care for are wonderful and are so well looked after by all the staff
5,0
Great people to work for! No benefits like, PTO, health or dental or retirement. No winter work means you're laid off. Lots of landscaping is taxing on the body but comes with a great sense of accomplishment when the final product is shown.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
No benefits whatsoever